Medina TTR roller or pitster pro x4r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
ok well im down to my final 2 choices of buying a bike

there is the Medina TTR roller which by the time i get an engine will be about the same price as an x4r obviously the TTR style and linkage system turns me towards the medina roller

here is the link for the medina roller
Medina SX TTR Linkage Photos

and the link to x4r ( not that most of you need to see it)
Pitster Pro - X4R

so if people can see if they can see any other big differences between the 2 besides what i have pointed out.

and also i will be using a 155z

*EDIT*

one thing i do wanna say is that the ttr roller looks exactly like the dirtmax linkage bike

Cheers Liam

Last edited:
yep yx make them

they are pretty good but the pitster version of the linkage have bearings in them no biggy they will both get sloppy after a few months same as any linkage system

the x4r is complete

you will have to ship the medina one in yeah might be a pain in the ass

yer i have already talked to the guys at medina and there happy to ship it for me at a fairly low cost..

you said the linkage system will get sloppy??

is there an upgraded one you can get ?? or can you say fit one from a jap bike or something like that?

Better yet , hit ken up for a Lxr ... you will be surprised at the price he will give you.. and you wont regret it

all linkage systems get sloppy after a while a company down here make them with needle rollers in them but will be expensive for the one of that you need

even big bike linkages got sloppy after alot of riding the medina one is ok it wont be that noticable

Better yet , hit ken up for a Lxr ... you will be surprised at the price he will give you.. and you wont regret it

yre wogtaz he could the same price he did for you and it simply dont have that much money so im trying to get the best bike for cheap as possible (im already scraping every last cent for this as it is) and i need a bike for the race season so i tihnk im gonna say its a medina

and if i greased the linkage after every ride i wouldnt it would help wouldnt it?

If you get Medina let me know how it goes.

Hey mate. Did you know if you can make the single pivot XR4 work alot better with a shock rebuild to suit your weight and having the wright spring weight for you is also a must for best performance. You can make the DNM work amazing by using sombody like YSS or Frank pons who really know what they are doing. The single pivot can perform well set up properly.
But if you get the medina I would really like to know how it goes and if it has bearings in the linkage. Probably should spend your cash here in oz though if you want our industry to survive. Think about it all before you buy.
The dirtmax that I witness being tested at reefy's in sept did not have bearing throughout the linkage but the bike did handle very well and the riders all liked jumping it and how it handled in the stuters. Really you will bend the bottom linkage bolt if your shock is not set up wright. If you bottom out a lot the bolt will surley bend. Hows the dirtmax price compared to the LXR now?
Peace, Ride on.

I very tempted to sell all my junks and buy de Vinco roller.... As in frame , swinger , shock , seat , tank and plastics..... Dat bikes is beautifulla fukun'.... De other alternative is de Bucci frame , swinger , shock , seat , tank and plastics..... Maybe I just dreaming and soon fall out of bed and hit head ???.....

i have heard those vincos are complete rubbish

i cant remember where i read it if it was here or planet minis

I Highly doubt that , there isnt much about them , but when there is they are being praised

yes it was definately that frame design

hmm ....im gonna have to find this thread now

Probably thinking of the replica's that were getting posted in Sydneys thread....... and Mountain said they were rubbish..

yes thats it wogtaz

i didnt realise there were replicas and it was the medina ones

as i saw those picstures i did look at them more and saw that the swinger the one GENUINE was very beefy

yeah those ones i posted were KAYO frames.. would still like to test one tho

KXP-29_2009102401326150.jpg

The KAXA's look OK ... But you just know the Vinco and Bucci's are built right for the job ... Once you grit , clench and part out for a roller ... you're set .... Motors are cheap and can be swapped out /replaced ... but the frame needs to be as good as possible for use on MX tracks ...

A few Bucci pics ... They look pretty Buccan good to me ! ...

bucci_gallery-36.jpg

BUCCIPITBIKE.jpg

Latest posts

Back