Mikuni 22/26mm air/fuel mixtures :/

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lochie 125

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I used to be on the forum a few years ago under "Lochie125" But ive forgotten my password and e-mail address to the account :/

I had my carby cleaned and Reconditioned by someone, so it had the air/fuel mixture screw taken out and cleaned, my problem is, it is under the carby and just above the block, so there is no way to fit a screw driver in there to adjust it, I was just wondering if anyone else has had the problem and how they dealt with it?

By the way, the bike is a pitpro 125 se....

Thanks guys

Awesome thanks mate, i really appreciate the help, yeh i rekon one of those spinners is the go, Taking the carby on and off is doing my head in haha

Thanks mate :)

A good benchmark for doing mixtures with the 22/26mm carbs is to screw the mixture all tyhe way in, then 2 turns out. It should run really rich, but should start. Then you should only have to turn it out 1-1.5 turns. Turning the mixture in richens, and unscrewing it leans it.

2 turns out can be on the verge of lean.
the best setting for mixtures is somewhere between 1 and 2 turns out, but you can go a touch more/less if the bike feels like its' running crisp
i normally set them at about 1.5 turns out as a base setting then tune it from there.

is this a Mikuni copy 22/26 ?
if so, most of the 125s' i've tuned respond well to having a #20 Pilot jet fitted.
they come out standard with a #15

when you have tuned it,
turn the mixture screw back fully in and count the number of turns, if it's under 1/2 a turn out then it will need a bigger Pilot jet.
check that when you blip rev the throttle that it doesn't hesitate/stumble
if it does, then you might need to go up a size or 2 on the Pilot jet and a retune.

Last edited:
Yea, my 125 runs a little rich (rings are pretty worn now) So I run mixture screw abit leaner.

Yeh thanks for the help guys, ill order one of the "spinners" and get it running again and then let you know how it goes, yeh jets are on the cards once I get it running again and a few other bits and pieces to get it moving a bit better :)

Ok, one last quick question, I went out and measured the manifold, it is 25mm, I cant find and of the minfold adjusters that are 25mm, would it still work if I was to use a wider adjuster, say 27mm?

Latest posts

Back