Mini Motard-OFFICIAL THREAD

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they double 10s 11s or 12s ???

There both 10" inch Rims, I contacted SikkMx to get a complete wheel all built....But they told me that they didnt sell complete wheels. So I built the front custom wheel for that bike heres the Kicker the Front Brake Caliber had to be Modified to fit the 10" front wheel. "Quite a bit of Material had to be removed". and in a way that the Pressure of the brake being applied wouldn't make it brake off from material being removed. a Royal Pain in the A$$ I asure you but its all good now as I made a Jig if I ever needed to do it again

Last edited:
what size wheels are best

Hey guys,
i wanna get some road tyres for my bike but was wondering what size wheels would be best? At the moment i have 14's on the front and 12's on the rear. would 10's on the front and back be better than my current size?

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
12" front and rear is what most motard people run. Some even 10" F & R

12'' 12'' is a good combo! some may not like 14'' 12'' but i dont mind it as it allows u to cross bigger rutts and bumps etc

cheap wheels

hey guys just wondering if you guys know where i can get a good set of wheels for my bike fairly cheap i need a 12 and 10inch any help would be really appreciated

Just be sure that your axels are the same size as what is stated on the site. I would recommend getting 15mm axels but it is up to yourself.

Motard Tires

Ayy guyz...
Im thinking it would be best to keep standard Rims/tires...
And go buy a New set of rims and Motard Tires...

Anyone Got any ideas on what are good motard tires??? :eek:

Regards Blair :)

12" inch rims seem the best. There are quite a few 'sports' scooter tires int he 12" size, shop around to see what's out there.

bridgstone / michy's / metzeler / pirelli / all good just personal preference

Honestly it depends how hard you are going to ride. Some guys will get away with pretty much anything but the faster you ride and the more you throw the bike into corners the better the tires you'll need.

Most guys in the USA who are racing mini motard run Dunlop tt91's (have just been replaced with TT92's) or Bridgesotne BT601SS. Unfortunately our local tire distributors hav'nt had the foresight to bring these in Aus.

Try Michelin pilots/ pirelli sl26's, etc.... best bet is to go into your local moto shop and have a look through the tyre catalog's to make sure you can get the size you want in the brand you want. Remember that wider is'nt always better because it will be harder to seat up on the rim bead, and unless you're using a 2.15 wide rim you wont get close to the edge of the tyre even with mad lean angles on say a 120 wide tire.

I've got 110's on a 1.85 rim front and back and ride road race style (as opposed to leg out motard) and still have around 10-15mm of unused tyre on each edge.

Hope this helps.

where to ride motard in melbourne?

Would love to get into it, anybody got any ideas? i dont wanna race, just get onto something like a gokart track and have fun. lotsa fun :D

Latest posts

Back