Minimotards @ Archerfield 22nd December

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterSpoon

Reaction score
Ok so its the new craze and a couple of people here are getting them setup so lets all go ride them.

What is it

Minimotard practice session at Archerfield Brisbane
(I believe they also run pocketbike at the same time so come along with one of them if you have it)

Where is it
The old Archerfield gocart track
63 Colebard Street West, Archerfield, Brisbane

When is it
Saturday 22nd of December
Been told that gates open at 7am and the session wraps up around midday

Cost
$20 for the session

What you need
yourself
a bike to ride
protective gear (others may be able to inform of what the minimum requirements are but will be something like helmet, jacket, gloves, long pants and knee guards)

Now thats most of what you will need to know, ask away with any other questions and I will try find answers however this will be my first session aswel so may take a little while but I will try.

I have a portable shade shelter that I will bring as i'm unsure of how much shade there is there.

So who is in?

hey check it out in the Riding spots and Events section

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/...53-minimotards-archerfield-22nd-december.html

For those that have minimotards or those even slightly interested come along if your able to make it. Will be good to meet some more people off here and see what other bikes are setup like and compare. I will be there with my Pitpro XR140, 12" x 2.15 minimotard setup running kenda tyres for now, should have my 6 piston brake upgrade kit by then and also able to show stuff like peg sliders and may have a catch bottle setup by then aswel. This means even if your not able to ride, come along and have a watch, check out whats there and maybe get some inspiration. Hell if we have access to a 240v socket I can bring the gear to make some peg sliders for your bikes (at a minimal cost)

So get your butts into gear and get those bikes ready.

IM IN no bike to ride but that aint stoppin me frm film'n
so i'll be there as a looker and a new rider soon as i get my tard wheels and what eva else i need to race
so count me in

I have a portable shade shelter that I will bring as i'm unsure of how much shade there is there.

I'll be there pending work, you'll need help with that shelter anyway..heeh hehe , i'll be just watching but graham just got his rx perhaps we can take that out for a cut <insert grin>

Last edited:
hey yea i forgot i can ride graham's new RX hehehe

nar it will be good to see how it works as im really intersted in raceing tards

depending on how laid back the organizers are you can probably take my pitpro for a couple of laps just to see how you like it. This means even if your coming to watch bring a helmet just incase...

hell yea i may even have my tard wheels by then i dunno it's so close t crissy and the misses wants to buy her man something soooooooo

i'll tell zac to get mini tard wheels and i'll use em hehehe

thanx for the heads up masterspoon I have marked that date on my calender and will try to get there and have a look wont bring our bikes cos they arnt set up yet but the plan is to be set up after xmass

Saber/Tina

If those Kenda's are anything like my tyres you won't need those peg sliders buddy ;) If I have enough angle to get my knee down squid style then the rear starts to get away on me lol. And that's running at optimum tyre pressures. I had them higher once and boy did they keep you on alert :p

why said anything about the peg sliders being for when I have it leaned over enough to scrape them? there for when i crash...........

btw what sorta tyre pressures does everyone run?

my mates business asked if i wanted to race for him in this, but im just sooo busy allthe time.. so it is hard for me to get there... but i will make it up there one day

dont think ill be putting the rx around a track just yet to gutless .and dont wanta drop it need it to ride to work

It's just practice mate, come out and take some cruisy laps :)

Could have sworn in your tutorial on VSMR you had a pic of you sliding your pegs while riding. Anyway I'm a lightweight and weigh just over 70kg with the gear on so I run fairly low pressures. I don't have an accurate pressure gauge or measure often, just go by feel, by I think it's around 20psi or slightly under. It's really to compensate for the utter lack of grip lol.

she really does run like crap tops out at 45km/h and she struggles just getting to that speed any idea's guys? it is running an air box with like 6 holes drilled in it

yuh im coming down with tina
no bike though as i want to see what everyone runs befor i start

graham bring the big RX out for some laps, you don't have to go crazy fast or even push it, just cruize around and take it at your own pace. It will do wonders for your bike control which may save your life on the street if you can control the bike properly. I ride my Husky supermotard to and from work daily but still jump at the chance to take it to the track. My first time out really opened up my eyes to what the bike could do and how crap I was actually riding at the time....

weather permitting I will be taking the husky to QR on Monday and it cost more to fix then the RX should if I push to hard and break it.

Remember this is a practice session not racing and if you wanna go slow then that will be fine, after all would you prefer to find the bikes limits on the track where it slides and you pick it up again or on the street where it hits a car....

hey Squeeby tutorial is on this site man but yeah I can drag pegs on the husky motard fairly good. Had a problem with it the first time I crashed when the peg hit a small rock that didn't want to move, it bent my peg so I have them to sorta save the track (drag them instead of metal peg) and also as crash protection.

Latest posts

Back