Minimotards @ Archerfield 22nd December

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the chance can you bring the Husky to Archerfield? I haven't really seen a supermoto up close. Particularly one set up for the track.

The motard class is slowly taking off and so we often have new riders. Even our pocket bike top gun Dylan (age 8..or something embarssing for the rest of us anyway) has started and he was slow at first but man he improves at an amazing rate, within a week he was already blitzing it.

hmmm i used to race pocket bikes at archerfield. do thay still have the jumps there ? and how much do motard tyres cost.

Haha yeah the jumps are there, and motard tyres cost anywhere from $80-$300 depending on brand/quality. The best option is probably Michelin Pilots for $170 because they are cheapish and offer good grip.

if I can be bothered I will throw the husky in the van aswel
its actually a road bike that I just ride on the track, not one setup just for track. Still a wicked piece of gear if you ask me tho

btw not meaning to shit stir but why was this removed from rides and events?
I know there were 2 topics covering the 1 event but the one in rides and events was more of a get your interest in one where the one in mini motards was talking more about bikes and bike setup. Like I said not trying to start anything but would it not get more exposure in "rides and events" and after all it is a ride and event.......

Last edited:
ill be there with ducar and tina no bike just looking but should have bike setup erly next year

i dont no why it was moved but it should be moved back as stated it is and event

Im not sure what gear is reqired but I belive that long sleaves and long pants along with knee guards and sturdy boots that cover ankles are a minimum and of course approved helmet (with goggles or visor), leather gloves. I know from research that some minimoto clubs dont permit motox gloves. personaly I would prefer to use a jacket with built in armour for elbows and shoulder as well as back armour.
central queensland minimoto club in gladstone mandate full armour for shoulder, knee, elbow and back.
thats as much as i know hope it helps

saber:)

Last edited:
we will pack our gear in the car so if anyone is short for knee guards or gloves or something I may be able to help out

saber

Yes as Sabertooth said it's basically minimum long sleeves, jeans/long pants, gloves, helmet, good shoes and the knee and elbow pads. They're very relaxed about it though, I saw a guy riding without gloves today but in the end it's not about abiding by the rules, it's about saving your own damn skin so wear the gear.

so at this stage its looking like riders are me, graham (you know you want to) and Squeebys dad
spectators are Snitchy, No_crf50_here, Squeeby, Saber/Tina, lifan-1p55 and ducar.r.spec

sounds pretty good and hopefully will help motivate those spectating to get there bikes all setup so we can have a good turn out in 2008.

Might bring this - has 10/12 tyres that matter too much just to have a run to see if i like it ??

tardfox.jpg

Wikimapia map
Wikimapia - Map link?

Whereis map. What way do they go around, guessing anti clockwise? Judging from the dirt section top left of picture?
arack.jpg

Last edited:
hey pete if there tyres, round and ain't nobby's they should work fine
as for direction no idea but it does look like a fun track doesn't it

I am still trying to get out there too (slack bastard),

My bike probably wont be ready till early next year, got to get some tyres and rims yet and work out how I am going to get it there....

But will try and be there on Saturday, to see what it is all about

Wow haven't seen that photo before, looks like the satelite photo was updated sometime, not sure when though. We haven't run that chicane made from tyres for...well actually I can't ever remember that being there lol. As for direction it changes. Hopefully a mate of mine who stuffed his ankle will bring his bike and let me ride it again (had a good session on it last Saturday when the PitPro got it's 8th puncture haha). Either Dad or myself will be riding the PitPro this weekend.

Check out my sweet editing skills:

Archerfield.JPG

I haven't run any other setups except for the ones I've shown. Dotted areas being used to create variations. I heard we aren't running dirt last week but nothing definate. However we never run dirt on Saturdays.

so if the people running the track dont mind could i have a test putt on sum1s bike just to see what its like??

Latest posts

Back