Miniriders Renovators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many people have done some reno's on there houses.

Having just brought a house I'm looking for ideas on what I can do.

Chuck some pics up of before and after and costs to do things.

how handy on the tools are you? doing the work yourself obviously helps the wallet ;)
my partner and i have done a few reno's, and are stuck in the middle of a house resto atm. what exactly are you looking to do to your new house? as in are there any area's in the house you think need a re model, kitchen and bath are usually the first to be upgraded..
facebook buy/sell pages can be great for picking up cheap building supplies to, we just bought enough tiles to tile out our bathroom and hallway for 100 bucks :)

Handy enough to do the basic stuff and got builders that can do stuff cheap.

I can't tell you yet as we aren't in it the place. lol. Mainly rearranging a few rooms around so basically moving some walls etc. New bathroom will be on the cards as well eventually. Kitchen much further down the track as it's usable enough for now.

New deck probably as well although it's bloody massive so guessing that's going to cost a bit.

I will see if i can get a pic, but a grey ionbark dec looked beautiful on the house i was working on.. Pricey but damn sexy..

Yeah would love that but I reckon it would be 20k plus to do out deck. It's the entire width of the house and like 20 meters out.

Then again I don't really have any idea how much all this sort of stuff costs.

He actually built that house from the ground up (original flooring)
It was a cool thing to see throughout the stages

Yeah they are the one's I seen.Looks great.

Looks like it's for Scientology or something. haha

Yeah they are the one's I seen.Looks great.

Looks like it's for Scientology or something. haha
It was actually heritage listed, thats why it was built from the floor up (had to convince the council it was dangerous to doso) On the inside it was really nice with a large kitchen (that out straight out to the back verandah)
lifting that back veranda top beam was damn near impossible though :p 4 people and bending ladders :)

Outdoor renos is my game mate, when not talking shte of doing bikes!!! Might have to come over to Melbourne in the next year or so and do my little sisters new place, so might be able to come help ya out with yours too!!!

Better hurry cause Craigsticles has already got to 60k.....better start posting mr boss man!!!

Ah mate where do I start! :)

Our house is a constant construction site. Do yourself a favour n buy a decent 18v drill/driver combo, Milwaukee-Makita. I've got Milwaukee tools at home and use Makita at work. Both brands will stand up to any DIY project punishment you can throw at em. I know a few blokes who prefer AEG and swear by em, I've never had xp with em, so can't personally vouch for em. You can build lots of **** with these two drills! :thumbup:

But as for idea's, it all depends on weather you're planning on staying there for the long haul or not! No point over capitalising on stuff you're not going to get to enjoy for a long time! Like solar hot water, big shed, flush mounting your tv in the wall! But it's a bit hard to say without actually seeing pictures bud. Think it's about time someone got a Facebook Account. :cheeky-smiley-031:

Last edited:
i would go as far to say you are wasting your money other than buying the brands above..

I'm a dewalt user, never had issues with them using everyday for work. Just spent $1800 on some more at the tax time sales!

the dewalt combo's are tough as nails to, i dropped a 18v driver from 100ft up, hit the concrete floor and still works just fine!!!

Yeah dewalt for me as well.

Will chuck some pics up when I get in there mate.

This will be at least a 10 year place. If we get it done up how we want I couldn't see us every wanting to move out though. It's an epic setup.

My house when I moved in:

Got straight into it! :)

Finished it of with a solar powered sliding gate n path way. Running wires for the lights this weekend.

Done my fence plus a deck plus cut down all the trees plus driveway extensions plus building a 6x6x3 shed atm, never bloody stops!

^^^^ Holy crap mate that come out sweet!! Makes all the hard work worth it.

Do you mind me asking how much the fence and driveway cost you? Looks expensive. lol

Lol @ all mates rates mate! From memory 9k for the fence and driveway. But that's with heaps of freebies, like my mates labour pouring the concrete and his lacky only cost me $300 for the day. I'm G'ing him up for phase 2 of the driveway and shed slabs at the moment! :)

That last picture would of looked better if Energex hadn't of destroyed my front lawn 3 days earlier! :frustrated:

Last edited:
Wow that's a fair whack of coin for sure but worth it with the end result.

Got a few other things to do before outside stuff.

Bit of re-pointing on the roof, stumps are getting done before we move in so we have a good solid base to work off. Need to remove some old gal water pipes and replace under the house which is easy enough.

Old man keeps telling me to get keep the elements out first before worrying about anything else. Pretty good advice I reckon.

Yep sound advice I say!

I would get change out of 11k if I had to buy everything from the shops. Would hate to imagine how much it would cost to get some one to do it all for me!! But if you careful how you spend your money it can match dollar for dollar on your house value.

Latest posts

Back