mmm...where is the search button???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's so annoying. :mad:
You go to the miniriders front page... no search bar?:(
So then you go open up a thread... oh wow the search bar appeared!!:eek:

you have to be in a topic eg "techtalk" "minichat" for the search to appear on the nav bar!

And you have to use Firefox which sucks.

There are a lot of problems with MR and IE.

Mate I have worked in IT for 5 years and i prefer IE. There is a particular plugin which gives you a heap more functionality than Firefox. Anyway it's personal preference and doesn't make any difference. Over 50% of people still use IE as there primary browser though. ;)

Would just be nice if everything worked in both. Especially when people tell newbies to use the search button and it don't work unless you specify the link.

those 50% of people who use IE are mostly made up of complete n00bs like mums n dads who don't know any better.
I'm not calling you a n00b, If you like IE better then good on ya, but you're part of a very small minority.

thanks boys ...already got it...duh sometimes doesen^t help to have 4 beers for dinner:eek::eek::D

motovertman is in the right rut
Mate I have worked in IT for 5 years and i prefer IE. There is a particular plugin which gives you a heap more functionality than Firefox. Anyway it's personal preference and doesn't make any difference. Over 50% of people still use IE as there primary browser though.

Would just be nice if everything worked in both. Especially when people tell newbies to use the search button and it don't work unless you specify the link.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above info is spot on as far as I'm concerned since I find exactly the same things ... I'm on Firefox ATM and had to copy and paste motovertmans quote since I only have "post quick reply" and "go advanced" when using Firefox but have everything when using IE ... The same thing goes for when I'm on ebay ... I can't leave feedback on Firefox ... but can with IE ... Firefox blocks a lot of things that IE doesn't ... It's easy to have both IE and Firefox in start up and use IE for ebay and MR and Firefox for general browsing ... but it's a PITA and I keep forgetting to use IE when coming on here ...

Firefox IS faster for browsing ... When I use Ccleaner , I have to shut Firefox down from the bottom of the page NOT by using the red "X" at the top otherwise it "appears" to be shut down but Ccleaner says it isn't ... and when I hit on Firefox again it says it's still running ... yet there's no start up page showing ...

Mr Mountain ... I've had the same problem finding the search button on quite a few occasions ... It DEFINITELY wasn't there then appeared later ... I was having a "few" bourbons and was sitting here slapping myself around the face staring at the bottle in disbelief thinking "Damned ... that's an especially good bottle of the sh*t I've got there !" ... I checked the site out on both IE and Firefox and couldn't find "search" ... It happens at the worst times ... ie when you're on another site and trying to quickly find MR threads with good info so you can post links to 'em in a post ...

What I've done now is bookmarked the link to the search page shown in a previous post ...

I've also found it hard to get on here over the past few days ... and got cut off a few times when I did get on ... The internet is a weird thing ... Problems that one user cops might not affect thousands of others ... but I can't help wondering ... Why ME !!!! ... LOL ...

those 50% of people who use IE are mostly made up of complete n00bs like mums n dads who don't know any better.
I'm not calling you a n00b, If you like IE better then good on ya, but you're part of a very small minority.

i use IE and i 15 so :p lol

Its weirdcause I am using firefox and havnt had a single issue with it. Everything works on this site and it keeps me logged in everytime I come back. Maybe it depends on what addons you are running? I also use C Cleaner without any hiccups. IE used to log me out all the time and was a real pain in the neck but I have no probs now with firefox.

search issues

hey gurus
i noticed the non-existance of the search button in the home page, but it seems to be there once i get onto one of the forums.
i have a different problem. once it's visible, it doesn't work! have tried to find the solution, but not being able to search the forums has made this difficult.
have you heard of this? what's the solution?
cheers

i normally go into newposts and just under the nav bar its got little directon things and it comes up with the search function there and i click that and it works or you have to right click and open in new tab for the nav bar.

right click"open this link in new tab" always works

with cactus saying he couldnt get n for a few days...same deal...havent had a prob for a few days now, but it was really bad last 3 weeks or more...like an hours window to get on... mozilla/firefox didnt help.. and i find firefox confusing really...

and now whats bugging me is i got full reception but stuck in gprs, and my mate down the road, same carrier, is getting umts/hsdpa....grrrr... i hate the internet:mad:

I dunno... i reckon most of the times its just users who can't use the internets properly (not pointing at anyone) I have no problems on MR on FF3 or IE7 and even opera mobile and my s60 web browser and i never have a single problem lol. Maybe i'm just lucky. But i'd be pretty confident saying that the problems aren't based around the browser.

I dunno... i reckon most of the times its just users who can't use the internets properly (not pointing at anyone) I have no problems on MR on FF3 or IE7 and even opera mobile and my s60 web browser and i never have a single problem lol. Maybe i'm just lucky. But i'd be pretty confident saying that the problems aren't based around the browser.

No offense mate, then you have no idea. It's not hard to simply click on a link. Maybe you have the right java combo or haven't installed a particular IE update but this site does not work correctly in IE. I can tell from viewing the source straight away. Some people will be lucky and not have it affect them but for the majority using IE, they will all experience these problems.

If I have some time and will look further into the code and point out the exact problem. Maybe the developers will take a look and fix it for us.

It's not the end of the world but it would just be nice if it was fixed.

Latest posts

Back