motovert rx mods?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shayno

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Lurking for a while now,thought i had a question i cant manage to find a straight answer for.
Ive picked up a stock Motovert rx125 and want it to go a little harder....
What mods should i be looking at in what order?Really want it to be able to have better top speed(80 kays easy instead of revving hard)Wouldnt mind taking it for some longer runs.
Has to remain reliable though as I use it to get to work every day.
Dont mind noisy exhausts ect,
Im sure this has been covered before but stuff on the RX's seems a little different to a normal pitty.
So where do I start?gearing changes,motor?electrics?
Cheers for any help

There are plenty of options available to you at a reasonable price,however more power/mods = less reliability.
Gearing is an easy mod to make,lowering the teeth count on the rear will give you more top end,but will also take from your bottom end.
Carbies/jetting is another option with a finer tune.
Big bore kits and big valve heads would be another step up.
Failing that do what i did and pull the 125 out and bolt in a lifan 150.

i guess the cheapest way to start is to let it breath better. eg. pipe

and definately change the gearing which you can only do on the front sprocket with motoverts.

i guess this would make a noticeable difference though

Motovert Racing 150cc Big Bore kit - Jialing | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

im not really an expert on jailings

this kit is $399 so if you are going to end up spending more than that you may as well buy a new engine.

thats an expensive upgrade,i paid 399 for my whole motor

mate that kit isnt worth $399
ive got one on my "jialing" its good but i payed $55 for mine so of course its good.:rolleyes:

shop around or ask akunar for their bore kits they have similar kits for 125usd
but your going to need big valve heads. the gaskets dont seal properly on the stock jialing heads and bang goes your gasket. been there done that.

bigger displacement will be the best thing if you want to cruise at higher speeds without revving like a spastic.

why go for the lifan 150?
why not other motors such as yx160 etc?
also why can you only change the front sprocket grnman?
thanks

Yeah i thought id start out with the pipe and a couple more teeth on the front sprocket then look at new motors and stuff if its not enough....id just like it to be able to cruise at 80 or so.
Its got more than enough grunt low down at the moment so i dont mind sacrificing a bit of that for more top end.
What do i look out for for a better pipe without spending an assload of money?
Also a front sprocket off any engine will fit?Theirs so many....Daytona,Lifan,Jailing ect i dont know what fits what.
Thanks for the advice.

yep yx160 and big block it ;) that's what I'm gonna do when i get one, might even see me at the drags :D
grnman what makes u think you can't change the rear sprocket? that's bullshit

I doubt a pipe will help much at all, go a cam, it's cheaper and will give you a good power gain, or a carby it'll cost same as a pipe but it'll actually give an awsome gain

Last edited:
I just put a smaller sprocket on my rx and a bigbore exhaust. But I found I can go 80 ok.. but now I wanna actually take the bike on longer trips which means freeways... so bigbore kit is on it's way. But I changed my rear sprocket:\

haha i figured it was a motor.....theres just so many bloody types it hard to know whats what.
Thats mainly what i was thinking too....freeway miles,do some runs down to city or up newie.

YX 160 is basically ALLOT more modable than a lifan 150......

i just thought they might have the same hub style as the motorvert pro which i have and you cant change the rear sprocket on mine.

its one of the down sides of buying a motovert pro.

you can change it, get a custom job! or get a decent hub,...
the other downside of owning a motovert pro is the fact the x4r is $1000 cheaper and basically the same bike..... plus owning a motovert is just gay in general, I'll give an exception to the RX olny cuz it's road legal and that's just pure awsome :D

yea had to change the rear wheel on the rx coz spokes snapped and it was cheaper to buy a new rim and rear sprocket than buy motovert spokes and relace

the problem with changing motors that i can see is that because they sit at high rpm constantly when cruising, this can cause engines to die correct?
i do 80 km round trips and usually sit on the limiter at 95kph which i dont think is too healthy for the motor
i would rather a 160 and have enough grunt so i can sit at halfway to redline at 100 kays
with this in mind which engine would you guys suggest?
yx160 yx150 lifan150 155z 155zs 140zs or these new 175zs

need a 32T Rear - 17T Front for cruising, get old mate bananaman on here make you one, their excellent quality.

Anything decent above 140cc should turn out just enough torque to brake the 100 barrier.

A tacho is a good idea to reference what speed you are doing to what rpm you are doing.

A decent exhaust is needed too, the standard one is a piece of sh1t, get 32mm header to be sure.

New tires are also a must, the standard ones are shit, go for a TT92 or equivalent if you don't want to change the rims to fit the tires.

Last edited:
if i was to buy a rx 50 would i still be able to do all these mods and were can you get the yx motors and the other stuff

Latest posts

Back