My 09 CRF50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sorry not at the moment, havent got anything significantly different so not much point at the moment! just started on christmas holidays so should be earning more money now and will channel a bit more money in to it. hopefully have some updated pics soon

For the cable issue just order a Kitaco Cable from oz50.com.au - Thats what i run. Just has the bend on the top and thats it.

Hey Everyone,

Thought id give an update of where my bike build is at as i started this thread and then abandoned it. Anyway my 50 has had a fair bit done to it now and it owes me a fair bit of money but still has a bit to go. I got a + 3 billetware swingarm and a red baron frame, i decided to go red baron for the frame as they dont have tank risers built in keeping the bike fairly low (because i like the feel and handling of the smaller bike) I also got a fox float shock which i am loving. They are a great shock and i recommend them to anyone who has the money, the fact that they can be set up to any track and any rider means that you dont have to muck around buying springs and stuff. I also put some michellin starcross tyres on it which make it grip like shit to a blanket, you can lean it in real hard and it just sticks there. I have also jetted it now and it runs a lot better then it did as stock (i recommend this to everyone that is running the stock motor with an aftermarket air filter or even just a stock motor all together). Next up i am getting sano ultra forks which i almost have the money for now, and then after that i will be starting on the motor. I have decided to just go with an 88 limited kit so i can race it in that class. I should hopefully have pics up for everyone tomorrow.

Cheers, Dave

Nice work man!!!! , why not do the motor first?? wouldnt be to much fun with the extra size and weight of the forks etcc with a stock motor..

Yea man im kinda thinking about it. The forks are actually 1lb lighter then stock so thats not really an issue, but yea i was just thinking of getting the most expensive things out of the way first? Plus i want it to handle well before i throw a bigger motor in it, its fast enough to have fun and clear jumps that are set up right at least....

Id be getting them dudes rb forks they look heeps smaller and lighter than sano forks??
prob be alot cheaper?can still run drum if ya wont??
Can also run bmx bars!!

my forks sold the other day but you were right the sano forks are massive my mate has them and it sits low as in the ass just like all the bikes with marzokkis....

anyway this thing sounds like it is goin to be insane where did you get the red baron frame from and how much was it????
What rims you got for it just stock or heavy duty??

my forks sold the other day but you were right the sano forks are massive my mate has them and it sits low as in the ass just like all the bikes with marzokkis....

anyway this thing sounds like it is goin to be insane where did you get the red baron frame from and how much was it????
What rims you got for it just stock or heavy duty??

Got the ultra forks a couple of days ago and have them in the bike now. About to put some photos up, You told me your forks are 23 inches from top of tripple clamp to centre of axle at lowest setting, the ultras are 22.5 so thats why i decided to go them... it does sit a bit low in the ass but it handles awsome and is real nice to ride. Im putting pro wheels on it, i have the front on at the moment but am waiting on spokes to fit the rear. I am going to put an 88 kit in it so i can race the 88 limited class, its almost done so should have it finished within a couple of weeks! I am unsure of what pipe will work best for the 88 limited motor though? Im debating between a fmf factory, pro circuit t4 or a yoshimura.... what are your thoughts? I got the red baron frame from oz50, there online price is 760 however i got it for a lot cheaper then that.

make sure u get them pics up tonight bro,been wanting to see this for ages

will be sick

a new pipe? man, we run my mates with no muffler at all and it seems to make no difference whatsoever, noise wise...

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

oh ok sweet as, ill have a look.

The bikes all dirty at the moment and has wiring hanging out and stuff so im going to clean it up and then have some photos of it with some new stuff next week.

Looks very nice. Need a black back wheel...its a perfect limited. Now you just need a Limited Kit! haha

Got the black rear rim, just waiting for the spokes from kaos cause they were out of stock! and thanx for that advice Brett, ill try that for sure! Unfortunately its a new michellin so i have to wear it out first lol

they look tough when theyre all dirty:p like someone rides it:)

like that lump of mud just in front of it;) thats riding for enjoyment

Yea ripley was a bit muddy as you can tell, my bike was worse then the one in front! Just cleaned it up quickly! you guys need to come to ripley and check it out, they are doing a whole heap of work on the fast 50 track up the top and its pretty kewl to ride when in good nic!

Latest posts

Back