Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAnd the build has started.. nice and slow pace.. Bought the yz400 back home because she had a flat and buggered rear tyre.. since the rear axle is a different size than the wr426 i couldn't just swap the rims over... + the brake sizes are different and not interchangeable..
So instead of dumping money into the yz i will just build the wr motor.. and leave the yz stripped untill i can think of a better use for her.. the yz has a too good of motor to not put to use.

Another box of parts has arrived..

74571c432d503c287b5cd71dd5f71143.jpg

Almost there has been sitting like this awaiting parts, one dowel was holding me up (dowl came with box of parts +mudguard pictured above)
a634c74d2292e7cd81ee8a22807ec4f6.jpg

Next up head install... with new valve stem seals
15fa1c0daccc5ed9c70d20190070737c.jpg

yea... must be the final few steps before going out for a ride?
Nope someone in partzilla must have been having a bad say... wrong cam chain.. only a couple links too short.

After all that time and effort (1yr from purchase) i am still left with a pile of parts lol atleast i can finally have a sit and feel of what this bike may be... one day :p
07746548b96307f50a2d2391073f08cf.jpg

Will get on to getting a new camchain and now a flywheel puller...
At the moment im more focused on (if all goes to plan) brand new bike to my collection.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I picked up my cam chain the other day and decided to get a move on for the wr 426
Also, i really need a lighter bike for when tracks turn to trails because the tenere although fun is heavy as hell when you drop it on a hill.
Decided to make a flywheel puller.

The process is simple, mark out on cardboard and then turn that design to a tool....

In practice may be a little different [emoji14]
Now a good word of advice for people who are just starting on all these type of projects is to not skimp on drill bits...
My set cost me about $150 and i would question any set at a lower price than that (and for metal)
My drills cut like clockwork and i did a pilot at around 5mm and then went on to a 11 ( larger than bolt size allows for error)
0880098efd55d137f734e1f03b3d000d.jpg

Now before i could drill the center hole i needed to know where to drill the pilot...

After a few measurements and some thinking i decided to ditch the numbers and just place all 3 bolts in the plate, put some cardboard hard up on the plate and fitted it to the flywheel with some loctite on the crank (for marking purposes) and pinned it with my hand as i removed it and carefully tightened up the vice so then i could drill my pilot and then my larger hole
22c96e9f8942abde6b87466e1f9d5bb0.jpg

The original plan was to install a old flywheel puller center bolt from a pit bike one i had however turns out i do no have a tap that large... so a bolt with a nut on it will have to do for now.

Last edited:
This isnt really wr news but got myself a 2007 gas gas ec 300 and will be competing with it in a local enduro quite soon so my attention will be focused on that.
The wr only needs a few more hrs work and will be ready for road reg
a4493eebc7d1261f19820505516a95af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Get income protection before racing in even local enduro's.
My mate attemted 1 on his yz450, put it off the side of a steep descent going pretty fast, clipped a tree, needed pins and all sorts in his leg and knee. He's a tiler, sole trader, runs a business.
Gotta pay bills so he had to keep tiling without bending his leg!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

well after a long time and after alot of bikes in between probably 3 jobs and a small stint of motorcycle courioring the wr is together and running.. all i need to do is set valve clearances chuck the plastics on and take her down for a roady :D
one small hitch was a missing steel ball thats 11/32 that site between the clutch actuator rod and the throw out bearing.. none in stock at yamaha as per usual.. about 10 calls later i ended up getting ahold of a shop that had some and ended up getting it for free :d

will post more pics later on..

Latest posts

Back