my boys build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did consider doing that, but the lack of decent sticker kits for that plastic swayed me against it. im almost considering using crf 50 plastics on the braaap, just so i can run a miniriders sticker kit

Awesome! Damn that thing sounds good too what pipe and muffler is on it?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

has the x power exhaust from dhz, still has its spark arrest-er in the can to :)

I took the mini wr up the road today to see how far 3rd actually goes....wow quick changed first and second and just opened it up wide....damn its like long ratio gearing, will really have to run the gps on it sometime to see what its doing speed wise, im thinking about 80-85 in 3rd if I took it all the way the the red line in 4th gear it'd be doing about 110 I recons!!! That pipe sounds really good though...far far better than the standard pipe....hmmmm and you're crazy too....looks like a nice little road you've got there to test things out on!!

yeah its a great test road, and i was being a bit of a goon tbh, its wicked to through around tho being quite light. i had a moment under brakes, had the rear locked skipping down the road and hit a rut, kicked me broadside the opp direction thought it was gonna high side me off but no, was easy as to hold, reminded me of how easy my old specialized used to be to throw around

yeah its a great test road, and i was being a bit of a goon tbh, its wicked to through around tho being quite light. i had a moment under brakes, had the rear locked skipping down the road and hit a rut, kicked me broadside the opp direction thought it was gonna high side me off but no, was easy as to hold, reminded me of how easy my old specialized used to be to throw around

Yeah I noticed the 'goon'in', the older guy there is Ive never seen him ride...with that...he's a goon tone....I need to clean that big branch up properly on the spare block, then I can compare DH on a BMX with only rear brakes and the same sized wheels and a motor...I actually knew I was going to crash in that vid when I did....I was like back off Ill putt through and be ok nah throttle on and the backwheel is going to go on that rock...then the front kicked left off it and I was like yeah down I go....Build a lip on that little rise there.... would be a good tabletop in 3rd!!!

I got a ton of riding footage from back in the day....my folks have a VHS-DVD recorder so Im going to copy some stuff on to DVD and post it up soon!!! Nose wheelies down a 75-80 degree incline....Flat out DH jumps clearing about 40m....whipping it out over the side of a cliff being a smart arse...so much goodness....I so so so so badly want to start hitting some jumps on the bikes!!! The first real ride I went on was Eudunda MX track....jumps...apparently I looked like I knew what I was doing too...lol!

i love the down hill stuff, i was definitely a amateur but loved the adrenaline rush ;) would be keen to see some off your footage. the track you were on looked to have some potential with a bit of work....

i love the down hill stuff, i was definitely a amateur but loved the adrenaline rush ;) would be keen to see some off your footage. the track you were on looked to have some potential with a bit of work....

Yeah funny part is thats the softest of the soft DH around here. I never even rode that trail even though its in prime territory....I was the guy building steep stuff at 15. Take some of the older blokes down there, no WAY you're nuts man we cant ride that....was the common response I got to the 'fun' tracks I made....... bloody poofs!!!

This should give you a good idea...once again, I petitioned for this stuff....10 fn years ago....then all of a sudden it goes from NO YOU CANT RIDE HERE....to $2Mil + spent on proper built trails....5 years after I stopped riding....damn the kids have no idea what the F they have....well the ones who ride now anyways!!!

Mitcham Trails

The real thing for me about the 'Mitcham Trails' is horse riding and MTB's come under the ORV clause...they are off road vehicles....if the council hasnt done their by laws properly then by all means pit bikes should be able to have free access to the same trails.....Ill do some research sometime soon, going to the pub used to help with this stuff....but I have a few law mates I can ask about it!

Yo Stu. Whats happening? So do you have any spare crf 50 plastics/seat now after this build? Need plastics and seat for my next build also, what colour blue did you use for your sons bike? Was it just spray pack stuff??

stoozo, the blue i used on that foxico fuel cap is Blueprint Blue, Ford BA falcon, motormate should keep it.

the blue i used was dupli colour blue, from super sheap. to get the finish i did you need the the silver base coat to go over the etch primer. its not cheap tho at 26 bucks a can.... i do have the set of orange plastics lying around you can have for postage if you want them, but the rear exhaust guard is burnt to sh*t.... only spare seat i have is pretty stuffed though, i wouldnt even re cover it it has that much foam missing...

Hmmm so plastics are not so good? This bike is missing the left rear thats all!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back