My chain is eating my swingarm!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went to a hardware store and baught a block of super heavy duty plastic, cut a peice out, and replaced the old chain slider, had for a year and its never worn out.

ok so im fair over it now lol...went for a ride at pelican point for about 6 hours and my nylon chain guard had been completly destroyed by then..i wanna find a way to lower the swing arm lever/angle..or highten the front sprocket, i dont own a welder and i dont know how to weld lol..but i could take it to school and get a mate in welding to do it for me. i was thinking about moving the suspension holes or making a new swingarm bolt hole lower down...any ideas???

Geezus18:i think the best optionis to do what Mack is doing. This seems to be a practical solution to the problem and looks like it will work well!
TOPIC STICKYD

yeah looks good..ill decide wat im gonna do when i see his finished work, but it looks like it should be sweet!

Its so easy to fix this problem, just take the rubber s**t off and buy a block of heavy duty plastic then cut a rectangle out of it and bolt it onto the swingarm, EASY!!

Flarry:
This wouldnt solve the actuall problem of Angles in relation to the chain and sproket though.. it will mearly lengthen the initail period before it to wears out and once again rubs on the swing arm..

You dont put space saver wheels on a car if your wheels are rubbing on your arches.. you MODIFY mechanical components to fit accordingly. YES/NO?!?

i think the best thing to do is to go for a larger front sprocket as the frames aren't made from good quality steel, they snap easy instead of bending and you weld parts of the frame it can often weaken the frame, by having at least a 16 tooth sprocket on the front it will not only reduce friction and the angle but also give you a higher top speed which i know everyone is looking for.

cheers
Callan.

yeah pretty sure i already have 16 front and 37 rear the smaller rear doesnt help but there no way id go back to the old gearing!

I had the same problem and ive got around it by shortening the rear shock by about 15mm, im running a pitpro 125 frame, fastace bs33ar and an alloy rear swingarm similar to pitpro/dhz type. I cut the top off the shock, removed the left over piece from inside the top and then cleaned up the threads and re-sealed and re-assembled it. My shock now measures 265mm centre to centre.

Mate like i said, Bigger front sprocket, Give it a shot, Worked for me ( PW80 Front sprocket )

im starting to lean towards just getting a new frame. If i get the DHZ 140 frame would that make less of an angle? Do fast ace 33ar's fit nice and snug in these frames. and also would everything fit on eg. tank, swingarm, engine...??? I have an atomik avenger frame ATM.

cheers guys :)

That style of frame would probably be the best budget option available ATM. But you may have a few fitment issues with the brake lever, seat, swingarm and shock mount. I think that frame has two different models with the top shock mount moved inboard for a-style swinger and further out for mono style. Easier to sell the AGB and buy entire bike.

yeah ive tried that..used that special nylon plastic shit and my bike ate through it in a day!!! ohh btw your pic didnt work..id be interested to see the angle of your swingarm compared to mine.

Your angle of the swingarm must be very severe becuase mine has just made a grove and doesnt eat into it

atomiks are crap... but a new bike.... nah just joking matey.... adjust your shock to make it a bit softer as this will result in the chain sitting higher off the swingarm when on the bike..... if ya swingarm is that buggered buy a new one and start with fresh nylon from scratch.... should help mate.... let me know how ya go!....

DGS MOTORSPORT

Latest posts

Back