MY LXR 180cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of OKO mains like 95s to 120's set of 10 you can have for 20 bucks... brand new never used! lol I have a kehlien pe and they don't fit :p No dodgy reasons for wanting to sell them!

hey, you got paypal ? and i will get them now

hey sorry my bad this is what I have 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 mains for an oko and i paid 30 for the set plus postage. So $35 bucks posted and they are yours! Yes I have paypal! I also have pilot's too for an oko if anyone is interested lol.

i need to warm up the bike quickly due to cold night racing and the bike hadden been riden for a hour and a half, prior to the last race, if bike not up to tempreture quickly its a bit flat off the start

This is exactly why I don't buy any bike with "ex race bike" in the sale description :p

Nice looking build man, I don't think the "boost" bottle is worth bothering with, but it's likely a good plan to richen the mix up a jet size or two and see if it still runs nicely... The amount of drawn pressure in your so called "boost" bottle is not going to be much considering the tiny line and minimal bottle size (it is purely a gimmick).

I'd avoid running the bike on the limiter to warm it up in future too... Start it 5min earlier instead! ;)

hey sorry my bad this is what I have 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120 mains for an oko and i paid 30 for the set plus postage. So $35 bucks posted and they are yours! Yes I have paypal! I also have pilot's too for an oko if anyone is interested lol.

hey sorry i need 112, 114, 116, 118, 120, the rest i have.
dont wory about it this time, thanks for the offer though :)

This is exactly why I don't buy any bike with "ex race bike" in the sale description :p

Nice looking build man, I don't think the "boost" bottle is worth bothering with, but it's likely a good plan to richen the mix up a jet size or two and see if it still runs nicely... The amount of drawn pressure in your so called "boost" bottle is not going to be much considering the tiny line and minimal bottle size (it is purely a gimmick).

I'd avoid running the bike on the limiter to warm it up in future too... Start it 5min earlier instead! ;)

yeah mate but sometimes some bikes that are not raced are flogged worse and no tlc :)

yeah i agree with ya there, the boost bottle is the 1st time we have used it, and couldnt say it works, might need to disconect the pipe and try it with out it.

yeah i agree it is a bit gimmicky but willing to try something different, maybe turbo next time hahaha :p

what do ya reckon of the air filter ? :p

i used to run a boost bottle on my quad when i raced it and they do make a difference!...same concept but the bottle bolted directly to the carbs (twin carbs) no lines..i dont think these make much diff though? it could possibly work, maybe shorten the lines as much as possible and get the bottle close to the carb?

just an idea..

i had boost bottles on my pocket bikes a while back and i was told by multiple people that due to the small amount of back pressure produced by these tiny engines that the actual bottle is just a gimick and that a 10cm long piece of tubing comming off the manifold is suitable? correct me if im wrong

hey there m8, nice as bike.
is that bike new, because when i first got my bike (brand new) the first night i started it and it glowed more then yours did, but over time it stopped glowing.
just an idea
:)

in your opinion what jetting size should i use ?
also how do i tell it is running spot on ?
obviously you have a concern with the glowing header, you must relize the bike was held on the limiter at that time, also should the bike be blowing blue flame while on the limiter ?

it is pretty obvious from reading this thread that you dont completely understand tuning a bike

dhz or oko Australia will have the jets you have

and by the way these bikes dont have limiters its called valve bouncing where the piston is just touching the valve and the longer you hold it there the more chance you have of bending a valve

and no it should not be blowing blue flames, that is another indication that it is running lean

My FMF header on my 250F, will glow like that in the dark, its completely normal.

Nice bike man

what do ya reckon of the air filter ? :p

I've been trying to figure it out for a while now... Got any closer pics that show it in detail? :)

I see you have a fancy gear shift lever with the bolt that screws in from the bottom and doesn't go through the cut out in the shaft (I have the same one)... Whoever designed that piece of brilliance should be beaten with a phone book :p

It may just be the photo, but it looks like your hydro clutch doesn't have a straight pull to the arm. Probably need to sort it out if that's the case as it will likely improve the feel/pull :)

Besides the little things I'm being picky with it's a very sweet bike :D

i used to run a boost bottle on my quad when i raced it and they do make a difference!...same concept but the bottle bolted directly to the carbs (twin carbs) no lines..i dont think these make much diff though? it could possibly work, maybe shorten the lines as much as possible and get the bottle close to the carb?

just an idea..

Did you had the quad on a dyno or was this more "seat of your pants" measurement? Or, are they supposed to help with more responsive power delivery?

If it's the latter, the better solution is to lower your gearing, change gears more often, and keep it on the noise! If all else fails, ride it like a 2 stroke! ;)

Last edited:
hey mate, its because the pipe is made from thin gauge stainless steel, and will glow of a night when the bike is stationary.

if using normal gauge mild steel header, it wont glow as much :)

mate its definitely running too lean..

112 - 115 main
you must have a wrong pilot installed as this is why your glowing the pipe..
notice if you keep the fat into it the pipe goes back to normal.. plus the blue flames back firing out the pipe is a perfect give away..

go richer in the pilot..

they are the biggest jets you can get for that carby.

go to your local jap bike shop to get jets... oko carbs are a copy the keihin pwk

that mite warm the bike up quickly but its a BIG no no .. you can do that once the bike IS warmed up not when its cold . really bad for it

it is pretty obvious from reading this thread that you dont completely understand tuning a bike

dhz or oko Australia will have the jets you have

and by the way these bikes dont have limiters its called valve bouncing where the piston is just touching the valve and the longer you hold it there the more chance you have of bending a valve

and no it should not be blowing blue flames, that is another indication that it is running lean

so what your saying is do not hold the throttle wide open at a race start, what would you suggest to do when all other competors are doing exactly the same thing, as you explained it as valve bouncing.

here is a video of the race day but during the day YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010,PITSTER PRO LXR, HOLE SHOT

its pretty obvious you have never raced before at a proper race start gate with other competitors ?

just to confirm the 155z engines do not have a rev limiter ?? can other people confirm this aswell ?

I've been trying to figure it out for a while now... Got any closer pics that show it in detail? :)

I see you have a fancy gear shift lever with the bolt that screws in from the bottom and doesn't go through the cut out in the shaft (I have the same one)... Whoever designed that piece of brilliance should be beaten with a phone book :p

It may just be the photo, but it looks like your hydro clutch doesn't have a straight pull to the arm. Probably need to sort it out if that's the case as it will likely improve the feel/pull :)

Besides the little things I'm being picky with it's a very sweet bike :D

Did you had the quad on a dyno or was this more "seat of your pants" measurement? Or, are they supposed to help with more responsive power delivery?

If it's the latter, the better solution is to lower your gearing, change gears more often, and keep it on the noise! If all else fails, ride it like a 2 stroke! ;)

the bolt on the gear shift lever is on top, i just have a red bolt on it so it all matches in :)

the feel and the pull on the clutch is perfect (feather light) :)

It was glowing b4 the gates had dropped mate, So you must have been sitting there on the gas hard out b4 the race started, i see a lot of guys at racing with the same pipes and not come any where near getting that hot when we are on the gates.

so what your saying is do not hold the throttle wide open at a race start, what would you suggest to do when all other competors are doing exactly the same thing, as you explained it as valve bouncing.

here is a video of the race day but during the day YouTube - BRAAAP RACING ROUND 8 JUNIORS, 2010,PITSTER PRO LXR, HOLE SHOT

its pretty obvious you have never raced before at a proper race start gate with other competitors ?

just to confirm the 155z engines do not have a rev limiter ?? can other people confirm this aswell ?

they dont have rev limiters

ahahaha , yes everyone on the gate holds it wide open to warm there bike up , god damn ..... most of us have been to a race mate , and i usually point and laugh at the person that does that..

start ya bike let it idle and a few revs for 5 minutes ... going straight to valve bouncing on a cold engine = BAD..

yes they dont have a rev limiter , if they do its very high and it valve bounces before it comes on .. (valve bouncing/float usually means the valve springs are to soft , get stiffer ones in and it will raise the limit for it to start floating ... ) i no good at explaining crap .. but just think about it..

Reactions: pbk
Nice bike mate. Looks awesome.

Just to confirm, it's a 155z with bore kit and v2 head yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back