MY LXR 180cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uote=winky34;314105]hey mate, its because the pipe is made from thin gauge stainless steel, and will glow of a night when the bike is stationary.

if using normal gauge mild steel header, it wont glow as much :)

incase anyone else misses it...

wicked lookin bike mate!! could light a smoke off the exhaust![/QUOTE]

thanks mate, yeah you could haha

ten bucks says a bit of 2mm stainless vs a bit of 2mm steel the stainless burns thru and glows red quicker than the 'standard' steel... jetting MAY have something to do with it.. but being the $ and time the OP has put into the bike, I dare say his jetting is on the mark...

ten bucks says a bit of 2mm stainless vs a bit of 2mm steel the stainless burns thru and glows red quicker than the 'standard' steel... jetting MAY have something to do with it.. but being the $ and time the OP has put into the bike, I dare say his jetting is on the mark...

its a bolt on $500 exhaust ... hasn't put any more effort in then any other guy , just abit of money .. i still say jetting DEFINITELY has a major part in it..

i would agree with the jetting comment if the pipe was glowing while racing, and when checking the plug tip at the end of racing it is pale brown, usally is a good sign jetting is spot on, and the bike runs very cleanly on and off acceliration :)

usually a good sign the main jet is good .... if you where running it wide open in a race .... means nothing more really..

a bike with to small a jet will still run nice and crisp , doesn't mean its spot on.

Last edited:
usually a good sign the main jet is good .... if you where running it wide open in a race .... means nothing more really..

a bike with to small a jet will still run nice and crisp , doesn't mean its spot on.

in your opinion what jetting size should i use ?
also how do i tell it is running spot on ?
obviously you have a concern with the glowing header, you must relize the bike was held on the limiter at that time, also should the bike be blowing blue flame while on the limiter ?

On the limiter?? Why are you doing that to the point that your exhaust is glowing??

i need to warm up the bike quickly due to cold night racing and the bike hadden been riden for a hour and a half, prior to the last race, if bike not up to tempreture quickly its a bit flat off the start

please send me a link or address or contact to buy these jets to suit my OKO carby ?

I have a set of OKO mains like 95s to 120's set of 10 you can have for 20 bucks... brand new never used! lol I have a kehlien pe and they don't fit :p No dodgy reasons for wanting to sell them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back