My Mini

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessehicks25

Reaction score
hey guys

i resently blow my engine up(140cc no name)
i had a look on ebay and bought a 110cc lifan engine its electric start which is shit but at least is a engine but i think i need some new parts for the fame like rear shock, foot legs and brakes but i wanted to make sure it all fits perfect. bought the bike ages ago off a mate and have no idea wat year or model it is. i know its a SDG coz it has a SDG U.S.A sticker on the side near the handle bars........can anyone help me figure out what tip of frame it is i have the frame serial number if that helps??

photos are a must in asking for help IDing a bike. there are so many variants of what it could be that half a dozen DECENT photos say more than any explanation ever could..

in short.. Get a few pictures and put them on photobucket and link them using the

DSCF1004.jpg

OVER HEAD VIEW

DSCF1003.jpg

SIDE WITH STICKER

DSCF1002.jpg

Side (Before someone says anything i know the rear shock isnt on proply iv had some trouble compressing it to get it in

Thumpstar.jpg

This is before the old engine blow up

this looks to me like a older provert frame, I run one for motard. I use a 270mm fastace shock with a 1200lb spring, I did have some dificulty finding a rear brake setup that worked well but I think fusion may be able to supply something for that ( they still sell a similar frame). I have no experience with FIVEO forks so cant help with front brakes. I fitted standard alloy foot pegs but found they drooped a bit so I welded a little inside the peg mount to stop this. hope this helps
Saber

Yes the frame looks like an early Provert twin spar ... you could buy 'em on ebay from dirtbikesonline ... The forks are EXACTLY the same as early DHZ forks and run a 12 mm axle ... Someone has put stickers on that bike ...

hey thanxs for all ur replys i have one more question
i got the engine today it came with a cdi and igin coil
i dont know wat else i need for the electric start
or how to wire it

u need a battery, starter solenoid/relay and a 12v rectifier.

hey guys

i had to cut off a few things to get the engine on its still needs some things to get it in there i need to weld some new engine mounts

i opened the magneto cover to have a look around and there was what looked like the insides of an alernator attached to the cover wat is it?

and dose anyone have any ideas on where i could put the battery or could i remove while ride just use it as like a jump starter

you shouldn't have to make new mounts , it should bolt straight in!! , almost every china horizontal engine is made to the same engine mounts

id have a second look/try before you start cutting and welding stuff on

I cant help with the fitting of and electro motor because I have no experience with them but the frame should have a bottom mount that bolts to the underneath of your gearbox(where foot peg bar would mount on most other frames) and to the side of the frame inside where your foot pegs mount, do you have this bottom mount plate? The rear mount for these frames is actualy attached to the crush tube that fits between the swingarm bearings. I dont have my bike here atm (in the middle of moving house) I'll try to get some pics when I can to post up for you.

Saber

I forgot to say DO NOT cut or weld to your frame there is nothing missing that isnt bolt on ;-)

Saber

the bottom mount is there. the overhead engine had to be removed THE ENGINE WAS TO FAT.
iv attached the engine to the bottom mount
i really need a wiring diagram
the wires comin out of the magneto is
1 loose wire
and a 5 large pin clip
the cdi i got with it is 5 small pins

can anyone help
its a 110cc lifan auto with electric starter

cool you have the bottom mount, do you have the rear mount? sorry cant help with wireing this is always my weakness

Saber

Latest posts

Back