My Minitard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmadden91

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd start a thread on my build so I can chuck all my noob questions into the one thread haha. I picked up the frame the other day and it looks pretty decent, Im going to build it up as a minitard to race at Archy. This will be a pretty slow build probably, Ill just add to it from time to time.

Here's some pics:

4430491637_a99902d8a6.jpg

4431259918_d02214d88a.jpg

4430489245_0e9d392663.jpg

Last edited:
sick as mate, hope to see it soon :)

What colours are you going to run??

Cheers mate, I have no idea ay, Maybe white plastics/sticker kit on the black frame? Dunno yet

looking nice man. i reckon a gold kickstarter would look nice

look like great forks. you'll have to dial them in for motard setup.

what rear shock are you going to go?

Thanks mate, yeh Ill get the fancy stuff like gold kickstarters when I drop a decent engine in.

Sorry but can you explain how I set them up for motard?

And I dunno what rear shock im going to run, I think I actually might get a bigger swingarm first.

Yeh they dont work, I dunno why Ill try to fix them.

Edit: Got em

Last edited:
Ok what engine do you guys suggest, I want it to be competitive obviously but dont want to spend a fortune. I can get a brand new yx 140 from jr for $399 and it comes with a better cam. I figure if its not enough there are heaps of parts available for the yx140 so I can upgrade as much as I want as I go.

NEW YX 140CC RACING ENGINE OIL COOLED 1P56FMJ PITBIKE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Apr-10 19:38:19 AEDST)

Thoughts and opinions?

go the zonger 140 from DHZ, they have a better rep.. infact i havent seen a dead one yet out of the few i have seen..

Awesome, is there much in the way of performance upgrades like there is for the yx?

If your planning on racing, look at the State Regs
Under 13 up to 125cc
13 - 16 up to 140cc
Over 16 up to 160cc
That what was used at the National round in Warrnambool the other week.
The top Performing Junior 140 was a YX, with a Cam and Head.
Personally I'd go with an engine that will let you build from the base model, if your after heaps of performance. Lifan's don't have many options, but anything that will take a KLX type head has plenty of upgrade options.
I've got 155z on order with the upgraded head, cam, hi comp piston and rotor kit to start with.

Latest posts

Back