My Minitard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha touché, But your still a douchebag. I'm using my phone and why would I care about my spelling and grammar on a dirtbike forum :rolleyes:

Run along and play primary school teacher with people who give a shit.

Woops, should have read all posts before replying... I don't give a sh1t, but if you're going to get narky about a joke I'm happy to school you a little!

On topic... How's the build going, any new parts/pics or work done? :)

“If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.” - J. Russell Lyne

“If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.” - J. Russell Lyne

Haha so which piece of advice are you going to run with? :p

Nah mate nothing new, how about you? What are you working on?

Hi jmadden nice looking build, in the pics you have posted it looks like you have both steering stem nuts on top of the top tripple clamp do you have one under the top tripple clamp? because there should be one to hold pre load tension on the bearings.

Tina

Haha so which piece of advice are you going to run with? :p

Nah mate nothing new, how about you? What are you working on?

I'm not sure I can top my own insult... Hahaha.

Sadly I'm mini-less, I only have big bikes. Once I sell one of them (CB250 currently for sale *plug plug*) I'll be buying a mini and motarding it. Probably gonna start with a Nitrous 160 and strip/rebuild the poop out of it (I know there are a lot better bikes but I want something cheap I can break!).Been riding a lot of years, haven't raced since I was 14 or so, so I'm looking forward to it :)

Also gonna use the bike I build to teach the missus to ride as there is no way she is getting onroad before I teach her offroad (motard counts right?).

Right now I'm reading the hell out of these forums and getting myself a list of immediate mods to do once I land a bike.

What are your plans regarding sliders and plastics? Are you going to black up the swinger too? Hand guards: Bark busters or brush guards? Just floating some ideas... Looking forward to your next update.

PS, Come up with some new/awesome ideas that I can steal! ;)

lol
every kid building bikes now:(
im not unique now haha, well better get it finished:rolleyes: iv been a slack b!tch lately haha

I love being a kid at 25...

I've previously built an XR400 motard, but I think the minitard would be a good way to get into some comp and teach the missus :)

Right now I'm reading the hell out of these forums and getting myself a list of immediate mods to do once I land a bike.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html

http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html

I've previously built an XR400 motard, but I think the minitard would be a good way to get into some comp and teach the missus

Make a thread and post up some pics :)

What are your plans regarding sliders and plastics? Are you going to black up the swinger too? Hand guards: Bark busters or brush guards? Just floating some ideas... Looking forward to your next update.

Thanks mate, I'm not sure yet and I don't think I'll black the swinger. I will take the whole frame down to my neighbours panel beating shop and give it a nice spray when it's all done. Hopefully my spelling and or grammar is a bit better now seeing as I'm on my laptop and paying special attention just for you :p Looking forward to your thread on your build sometime in the near future :)

Hi jmadden nice looking build, in the pics you have posted it looks like you have both steering stem nuts on top of the top tripple clamp do you have one under the top tripple clamp? because there should be one to hold pre load tension on the bearings.

Tina

Thanks Tina, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Can you explain it a bit more? I will post a closer, more detailed picture of the triples tomorrow.
Jake

There should be a nut that tightens the tension on the stearing bearings below the top triple clamp then there should be just the dome nut on top of the triple clamp. It looks like you have the nut that should be under the triple on top of the triple under the dome nut. I could be wrong but thats what it looked like to my old tired eyes lol.

Tina

Oh do you mean here Tina? Or below the top section of the triple, just above the top bearing?

Attachments

• Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 25
yea looks like the nut under the dome nut should be under the triple. unless you have another nut under there

haha oh, um nothing? Thats just how they were when I got them :/ hahah does it need moving?

yea that nut under the dome should be under the top triple to load tension on the bearing.
The way I set them up is install the stem through the bearing without fork legs, tension with the nut, then sit top triple on, then slide fork legs through both triples, tighten botom triple pinch bolts then tighten top dome nut down(to lock the whole thing together), then tighten pinch bolts on top triple.

yea that nut under the dome should be under the top triple to load tension on the bearing.
The way I set them up is install the stem through the bearing without fork legs, tension with the nut, then sit top triple on, then slide fork legs through both triples, tighten botom triple pinch bolts then tighten top dome nut down(to lock the whole thing together), then tighten pinch bolts on top triple.

Awesome thanks so much for that. I will re-assemble correctly tomorrow. Thanks for your help and nice spotting :)

No probs happy to help. Keep up the good work it's gona be a nice bike :)

Tina
and this is how we get a of topic thread neatly back on track lol

No probs happy to help. Keep up the good work it's gona be a nice bike :)

Tina
and this is how we get a of topic thread neatly back on track lol

I could help get off topic again if ya want?:p just kidding:D
but that was very good spotting Tina I missed it haha
also did you pack the bearings mate? Not being a smart a55 just want to make sure

Latest posts

Back