My Minitard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was easy to spot. cos the options for me was to be working on a psychology assignment for uni or staring hypnotically at bike pics,.......so I chose staring at bike pics lol.
anyway back to psyc assignment

I could help get off topic again if ya want?:p just kidding:D
but that was very good spotting Tina I missed it haha
also did you pack the bearings mate? Not being a smart a55 just want to make sure

Um probably not I just stuck them on :p lol. Do you mean like pack them with grease? If so, no I didn't as it will be pulled apart completely again soon for a proper paint job.

haha ok cheers Ill do that. They're surprisingly smooth even without grease.

Haha ok thanks for the tip and yeh I am. If you look closely enough you can see where I ran out of paint haha

Woops, should have read all posts before replying... I don't give a sh1t, but if you're going to get narky about a joke I'm happy to school you a little!

On topic... How's the build going, any new parts/pics or work done? :)

“If you can't ignore an insult, top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.” - J. Russell Lyne

mate fuk off with the bullshit i think everyone is sick of it now

we dont want lessons on how to spell dikfuk

Hey so re-assembled the triples. Is this better?

4443803459_c2cd489a21.jpg

Sorry for the Bad Pic VV

4444573488_f71d428b01.jpg

^^^^theres spose to be a dust cap to cover the bearing mate...
and the bearing cage in the first pic looks bent

Hmm ok so I need to grab another set of bearings?

Edit: Just pulled them out to have a look and yep they're bent and no covers or anything haha. Will grab another set asap

Last edited:
mate fuk off with the bullshit i think everyone is sick of it now

we dont want lessons on how to spell dikfuk

Mate, read the thread through before you blow up... We've already moved on.

Thanks for setting a great example though...

Sorry guys, back on topic... Does anyone use aftermarket bearings (sealed or otherwise) or just stick with the cheapo china ones?

yep that looks better but there should be the dust cover as sean said. But in motard you could probably get away without it, it is likley that it would just shorten their life a little.
Krazed I have used the china bearings in a few bikes and as long as you pack them properly they seem to last ok, but I do prefer to get better quality ones from my local engineering supply, it's just good insurance. If i was hitting big jumps I would want better than china bearings but for motard chinas are ok.

Tina

Thanks Tina, hm how much do the ones from your local engineering shop set you back? If they're not much more I might get them over the DHZ ones:

DHZ Mini Moto

I cant remember it's been awhile since I got some but I know that they are cheeper at most engineering or bearing shops than through bike shops and the quality is usualy better.

quality is not such a big issue for stearing bearings but when you get wheel bearings it pays to get the best you can. A collapsed wheel bearing can realy change your out look on things fast lol

Yeah bad wheel bearings do change your out look. Like maxing out on gravel doing close to 100kmh and my left bearing went, started drifting sideways chain came off, was so hard to not stack. was fkn scary!!!!

Yeah bad wheel bearings do change your out look. Like maxing out on gravel doing close to 100kmh and my left bearing went, started drifting sideways chain came off, was so hard to not stack. was fkn scary!!!!

Thats crazy man, glad your OK.

Well there wont be any more progress on this build, I grabbed one of those cheap DHZ's on ebay. This one will be parted out to pay for the new bike.

Yeah got my heart racing alright when i finally came to a stop.

How much you looking for all your parts im just curious?

Latest posts

Back