Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have just been down and picked up the freshly bored barrel, it now measures 40.5, instead of 40.25 ,
the PW is now a true 50cc, actually a 50.5 cc to be exact.
it looks pretty sweet, time to start reassembling it now

i have borrowed my sons phone while he is out, so the pics should come up a fair bit better too.

you can see my quick port work, i opened up the exhaust a bit, and straightened the runners,
same with the intake, took a bit out of the corners, and any casting dags etc, and a couple of mm's of the bottom of the runner (short return) to help it flow a bit smoother.

exhaust port,

and the inlet port,

the 2x side ports didn't look to bad, so i have left them as is for the time being

cheers, craig

i have just been down and picked up the freshly bored barrel, it now measures 40.5, instead of 40.25 ,
the PW is now a true 50cc, actually a 50.5 cc to be exact.
it looks pretty sweet, time to start reassembling it now

i have borrowed my sons phone while he is out, so the pics should come up a fair bit better too.

you can see my quick port work, i opened up the exhaust a bit, and straightened the runners,
same with the intake, took a bit out of the corners, and any casting dags etc, and a couple of mm's of the bottom of the runner (short return) to help it flow a bit smoother.

exhaust port,

and the inlet port,

the 2x side ports didn't look to bad, so i have left them as is for the time being

cheers, craig

i dont think 50.50cc is correct, they are standard at 49cc 40mm, .5mm over size would not be that much of a cc gain :)

i have been trying to suss the compression ratio for it,
the standard motor has a 6-1 compression ratio.
since i have shaved the head 1mm, im guessing it now has around 10.5-1,

i'll be running it on a premium mix with Shell advance 2 stroke semi synthetic oil at 40-1 ,
not that i use anything else.

Last edited:
i've just had a go at burning the carbon/oil from the expansion chamber, it's got a bit in there.....
but there's too much smoke for today, i'll have to wait for a windy day so all the neighbours dont choke.
here are some of the loose bits that came out when i tapped it with a hammer.
a couple of the bigger bits are almost 2cm across, easy to see how they block up and restrict the flow.

i am having a play around with some scrap steel atm,

Last edited:
i put the PWs' engine back together yesterday arvo,
no drama's there, gave it a few kick's and she came to life,
it chuffed a bit of oily smoke out for the first minute due to the oil i put in the bore, rings, piston and bearings etc
and then started running clean, it definately has some compression compared to before.
the rattly piston noise has gone too.
the choke cable needs replacing, was a bit dry and stiff, and the inner cable is now a 2 piece.
i might have something i can replace it with and adapt it to work.
the exhausts' sound has changed a little too, most likely due to the part clean out it's had.

Latest posts

Back