My New z160HO Donk :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIKKO_X2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last week i found an absolute bargain on ebay. It was a z160ho motor with TB Head for $200 delivered. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230946729838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I pulled the top end off to inspect it and it looks fantastic. i am very stoked with my purchase.

Now i just have a few questions:
1. The piston is stock, is it worth putting a TB piston in?

2. To buy this ORK or not? I know that everybody has an opinion on this topic, but if somebody has a z160ho with this kit on it i would love to hear your opinions.
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/racing-out-rotor-kit-adjust-timing-semi-digi-cdi-harness/ENP-27.LF150

3. I am thinking about installing a de-comp kit on it to prevent any damage or tough starts. What sort is better, the TB auto decomp or the manual cnc decomp that is available from DHZ?

4. I need a coil as there were no electronics included, so what aftermarket coil do you recommend to create as strong a spark as possible.

This is going to be a long term project over the winter so im in no rush to get the motor running, i would just like to build it up to a point thats not too hard or costly to achieve before finding a roller to drop it into.

Any help that you guys could offer me would be greatly appreciated

Hey guys,

Last week i found an absolute bargain on ebay. It was a z160ho motor with TB Head for $200 delivered. Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230946729838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I pulled the top end off to inspect it and it looks fantastic. i am very stoked with my purchase.

Now i just have a few questions:
1. The piston is stock, is it worth putting a TB piston in?

2. To buy this ORK or not? I know that everybody has an opinion on this topic, but if somebody has a z160ho with this kit on it i would love to hear your opinions.
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/racing-out-rotor-kit-adjust-timing-semi-digi-cdi-harness/ENP-27.LF150

3. I am thinking about installing a de-comp kit on it to prevent any damage or tough starts. What sort is better, the TB auto decomp or the manual cnc decomp that is available from DHZ?

4. I need a coil as there were no electronics included, so what aftermarket coil do you recommend to create as strong a spark as possible.

This is going to be a long term project over the winter so im in no rush to get the motor running, i would just like to build it up to a point thats not too hard or costly to achieve before finding a roller to drop it into.

Any help that you guys could offer me would be greatly appreciated

First of all, if the bottom end is all sweet that is an absolute bargain mate, well done.

1. You can install the TB high comp piston from DHZ, i did and it fairly raises the compression and i recommend.

2. The stock ignition (daytona style) on the ho has never been a problem for me and has never failed, my recommendation is to stick with what it has at it is more than capable even with a big bore setup.

3. So i guess your talking about the decomp cam and the DHZ rocker cover decomp setup, This is really a personal choice. I have the v2 eqiupped decomp button but that comes already installed in the head but can be a pain leaning over to push it all the time, esp if the bike is being a ***** to start, The decomp cam sounds great and the blokes that have them and installed them correctly and dont have them coming loose love it as it is automatic, At work last week i installed the decomp lever and rocker cover setup, it works really good and took about 30 mins to install and made the bike very easy to start with minimal fuss. here is some pics of the installed item.
20130315_121621_zps41c35225.jpg

20130315_121926_zps380a40ad.jpg

20130315_121908_zps06539fd7.jpg

20130315_121828_zpsb3bb82c8.jpg

20130315_121713_zps0789e69d.jpg

4. I have this CHP super coil http://classichonda50saustralia.com.au/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1400 and noticed the bike started easier and the exhaust note sounded crisper, it is stated as having a bigger spark and is better for higher comp motors.

Hope this helps a little mate.

sweet buy... i wish i saw it i would have been bidding untill my pay packet was gone...

Thanks for the info mate, its exactly what i was after! I will be tearing down the bottom end throught the next few days so hopefully there are no surprises

Thanks for the info mate, its exactly what i was after! I will be tearing down the bottom end throught the next few days so hopefully there are no surprises

No worries mate, also on the last pic you will see the allen key adjustor thread that pushes on the valve, you will notice i installed a nylock nut on the end to prevent the stock nut from coming loose thru vibration over time.

to get a good idea how many hours its done (assuming the clutch has not been replaced) you can look at the clutch gears... if there perfectly rounded like new or sharp like used alot

And how did the piston crown look, was it completely covered or could you still see some silver on the piston. And was the covering on the piston smooth or did it look a bit like sandpaper(dust build up).

By the looks there it has done F all and is the high comp piston already, good stuff bro.

oh really? well that saves me some money if it is the high comp piston

Yea you have to have a tb piston to match the head I was going to say earlier it would of had one in there I was going to buy this motor also but pulled out cause Iv got the problem that you might have coming up riding the bike with no bottom end cause of the s35 cam in it. I did ask him if it was s35 cam or s25 he couldn't tell me so I pulled out on buying it due to this issue. Unless you have 28mm flatslide carb or a smaller duration carb it's hard to ride a 4 stroke with power band really lol

Yeah it sure is the high comp piston, the stock 155/160 piston has a flatish crown with a slight dome all over where the high comp has a more raised crown and deeper valve recesses and the crown is higher in the centre with the side of the crown flat around the edge.

The v2 will still run with a stock piston, but needs the high comp for effectiveness. S35 does cause a bit of loss in the bottom end and may require a little bit of riding the clutch if you are at lower revs.

Last edited:
Yeah he couldnt tell me which cam is in it but i thought that if im not happy with the performance i can always throw an s25 in it.

I am looking at putting an OKO 26mm flatslide on it

Have you seen the valve reliefs in the stock piston vs the tb piston? Tb piston reliefs are huge

Not wrong styv, the 2 pistons side by side are very different and like you said the valve reliefs are crazy deep on the TB, the stock piston is very plain looking compared to the hi comp.

Good buy for sure, congrats.

Get a Tb manifold and decent carby and your good.

just bought a 28oko with TB manifold and a s20 equivenlent cam we should compare if you go s25. looking at the graph though with s15,s20,s25,s35. the s35 shocking for bottom end s15 to much bottom end and not enough top and s20,s25 is the way to go basically the same. my v2 head is ported and polished also so its abit harder for me to get it going good all round

Hey styv let us know how the 28 goes, they can be a bugger to tune but with your setup it may work sweet. Where did you get the cam from?

Latest posts

Back