My New z160HO Donk :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atomik roller arrived last night. Nothing special, needs some work and upgrades but atleast it'll get me riding

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365302991174.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365302991174.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 15
Good starting point :) Should be a nice build. Did you still want the bars? if not Wakey wants them. Just let me know when you can :)

Cheers matee

I think I might give the bars a miss mate, I want to get the bike running before I start upgrading parts

Can anybody tell me if there are any issues with using an aftermarket cdi with this engine? Dhz sells z160ho specific electronics but Its a bit expensive

Get the stock CDI mate, there reliability is near 100% and I don't think there is an aftermarket one.

I have done some searching but i cant find a clear answer. What style of exhaust will fit a z160ho with TBV2 head in a crf style frame? some places say that a crf style is the way to go but others say a klx style with an adaptor?

yeah but isnt it a klx style head? So i will need a crf exhaust with a klx adaptor?

Also, when i rebuild the engine i will be playing with the squish, but from experience have you guys used the base gasket on the cylinder?

haha i made this same frame into a 12/10 bike a couple weeks ago with a lifan 110 high comp and race cam for my uncle super streched 10' !! how much did you pick the roller up for?

$200 delivered. I could have gotten it cheaper but i'd had a few drinks prior to spotting it on ebay which is never good

$200 delivered. I could have gotten it cheaper but i'd had a few drinks prior to spotting it on ebay which is never good

All been there and done that i think... Oh well it's a good base, ive had no dramas with my frame at all, however i would be replaceing yor wheel bearings ASAP mine where dodge after a couple of rides and grease up your head stem bearings.

Yeah it needs a tear down and inspection of all parts which i will start this weekend. Hopefully my engine parts will arrive by friday so that i can have the engine finished

As DHZ was out of TB473 cams and i was going to buy a manual decomp kit anyway, DHZ were able to sort me out with a Taki s25 auto decomp cam with the adaptor for chinese engines and a spacer for the timing gear cover for $230

As DHZ was out of TB473 cams and i was going to buy a manual decomp kit anyway, DHZ were able to sort me out with a Taki s25 auto decomp cam with the adaptor for chinese engines and a spacer for the timing gear cover for $230

Good stuff mate, thats what i run ;) It might be worth looking at the titanium arms, as they can take a harsher beating (not that i bothered, but i ride like a girl...) and good luck with the cirlip :)

thanks guys! looking forward to getting this bike running as the last pitbike that i have ridden was a horribly maintained 125cc atomik

Takegawa S25 De-Comp Camshaft installed and timing set :D

Can anybody tell me which timing mark to use on the crankcase? I used the mark at the top of the crankcase but I looked at the instructions again and they use the timing mark on the left of the crankcase?

Latest posts

Back