My New z160HO Donk :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet thanks bud, the s35 doesn't have enough bottom end for me up the steep stuff, would be extremely interested in how the s20 goes and your thoughts, maybe even a 25 may work for me. Cheers.

be very careful running the std piston with a v2 head the valves will smack the piston , i think u wll also find the comp to be similer between each piston as volume is lost threw those huge valve releif pockets in the tb piston ,
and i beleave the tb piston sits lower in the jug as its also designed for klx motor aswell from memory

i found the stock piston with the pockets opened alittle was a better setup as the swish clearence and valve clearence was tighter resulting in a better bang

best built the motor with clay?playdoh and u will see what i meen , and how far u can squeese things

gday guys,

Silly question im sure but what cams are generally standard on tb v2 heads? and are the TB cams labeled with the number? I havnt bothered to pull the cam out of the head yet to check but if its an s35 i may as well just swap it out for an s25 while the head is off

Last edited:
gday guys,

Silly question im sure but what cams are generally standard on tb v2 heads? and are the TB cams labeled with the number? I havnt bothered to pull the cam out of the head yet to check but if its an s35 i may as well just swap it out for an s25 while the head is off

I believe they are "look alike" S35. Same duration just not made by taki

i read that the TB 473 cam is equivelant to the s25. Will i have any issues running it with my piston? i believe that the piston is skirtless. Also, would it be wise to look at different valve springs?

was that used on a 160ho? because that is the tb equivelant of an s35

I brought the complete kit to upgrade a YX160 to a 184+V2. I a guessing all their V2's ship with the same but i could be wrong though. As for working out what you have, you would have to pull it out and measure the lobes, as there doesn't seem to be any identifiable marks on the cam i have.

I have not had any bad luck with short skirt pistons as yet.
I do hear about them twisting in the barrel but have not happen to me yet.

Your very lucky! They make a mess of your motor, not worth that little extra bang for your buck that's why I'm pretty sure they are all discontinued

I could be wrong, heres a photo of my piston:
IMAG0324.jpg

The skirt seems smaller than others but ive never had any experience with TB parts so a bit unsure

can anybody tell me what model of piston this is? apparently the TB473 cam works with TBW0377, TBW0504 and TBW0582 Pistons

yep should be fine with a 473 cam and this piston looks like a long skirt piston so you should be fine there!! i wouldnt change cam unless you went 184 big bore kit which then you would need 577 cam

im going to keep the stock cylinder at this stage as I want to keep this bike as reliable as possible

Latest posts

Back