My New z160HO Donk :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can anybody tell me what model of piston this is? apparently the TB473 cam works with TBW0377, TBW0504 and TBW0582 Pistons

if your really worried you can check the clearances with play dough or bluetack on the top of the piston where the valve recesses are turn the motor over by hand and pull it all apart and then you have your clearances when cold

can anybody tell me if i will have any issues fitting this into a klx style frame?

just an update on putting my 0473 cam in alot more bottom end, took a little off the top but now is ridable and has torque off the bottom rather then turbo lag till boost comes on

After my very quick little try out on the weekend, I cam safetly say that the S25 has no such lag, even running a 17t up front (and a 41t at the back) coming out of a corner in second the rear wheel slides out as the front lifts of the ground, all this while near sitting on the tank :)

After my very quick little try out on the weekend, I cam safetly say that the S25 has no such lag, even running a 17t up front (and a 41t at the back) coming out of a corner in second the rear wheel slides out as the front lifts of the ground, all this while near sitting on the tank :)

agreeing with you about the s25 cam or the 0473 tb cam you mean?

BUT, arnt you running 184 kit tim? that kit needs a s35 as my last setup on this motor was 184 with s35 and run awsome now down sizing s35/0577 is not needed truE?

Nah, but yea, but nah.... Yep it is a 184 kit, but no 0577, it came with the kit but i didn't use it. Youve seen me ride and i'm a bit of a girl and never have the thing reving it's tits off, so i figured the S25 sould be a better choice (+ that gave me the auto-decomp option). I might upgrade to the S35 at some stage, and as for the 0577 i'm gonna sell it as i'll never use it on this setup.

Nah, but yea, but nah.... Yep it is a 184 kit, but no 0577, it came with the kit but i didn't use it. Youve seen me ride and i'm a bit of a girl and never have the thing reving it's tits off, so i figured the S25 sould be a better choice (+ that gave me the auto-decomp option). I might upgrade to the S35 at some stage, and as for the 0577 i'm gonna sell it as i'll never use it on this setup.

so would you recommend a s25 on a smaller stroke engine (155z)?

Personally i couldn't say, but after reading rotn's last comment, it sounds like it might be worth it. Depends on how you ride as well, If you like sitting on/near the limit all day (just like Styv) then go the 35, if your a girl like me then go the S20/S25 or TB equivelant.

lol, in that case i will need the 35 the limiter is my friend...

regarless of being near the limiter all the time going flat stick into a corner then down gearing low, it will bog down hard before revs pick up!! you will hate it like i did, ****ted me. it would come on boost and mono for about a KM lol

Yeah that's my prob with the s35, the mid and top range is great, but when I get below a certain rev limit I need to clutch it to get it going and drives ya crazy as you just want to hit the throttle and carry on your merry way, and on Hillclimbs it is a pain in the sphincter.

I have been disassembling the engine and spraying parts with high temp black paint. Im also ordering a TB cam with the s25 grind as well as a decomp kit.

Hopefully i will also be having an Atomik Nitrous roller delivered this week. Pictures to follow in the next few days

I have been disassembling the engine and spraying parts with high temp black paint. Im also ordering a TB cam with the s25 grind as well as a decomp kit.

Hopefully i will also be having an Atomik Nitrous roller delivered this week. Pictures to follow in the next few days

It looks great, I used high temp paint so there won't be any issues. The only worry is from general abuse scratching it off but as the paint is only $15 a can its easy to touch up

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back