My Vert officially buggered

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickaninny

Reaction score
Motovert frame being eaten away

Gave the bike another wash after finding some wicked little sand dunes today.
Still trying to get suspension sorted for hard track riding but trails and little hits are fine. Anyway I discovered that the hub has been working itself loose(been loctited) and the chain (?) has been eating into the alloy frame. Took a vid to show the play in the hub. Pretty pissed off Mr MOJO.
YouTube - motovert frame eaten away

you should eplace the shitty china bearings with some jap ones asap
i've seen the bearings in a vert last 10 mins on the track
was your sprocket loose in that vid or am i just seeing thing thes could be a big contributer

Motovert not worth $$$$

F#ck Me I must of got the only bike built at 4:45pm on a Friday. Maybe it was built by the work experience kid from school. Crap I tells ya its crap.
Soon to be for sale if I keep finding sh!t like this. No wonder every time I start it it sounds different. Cant believe I paid $3600 for it. I should of got the MSO Pro or Pitsterpro.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
YouTube - motovert crap
(not even gunna mention the Marzocchis):-(

The hub is a 4 piece unit from what i can see. Sprocket bolts to outside of hub which bolts onto wheel hub. Same with rotor on brake side. (only not working itself loose). Sprocket stays firm. Hub moves. Iknow why its eating the frame. I just cant believe what Im seeing

throw it back at em
mine's fine the only problem i've had is snaping plastics
you should have saved your coin and just bought the type r
but the pro frame looks cool

but i'd take it back to the supplier because thats a manufacturer fault

imo

That happens on any china bike, or any jap bike even, just tap the muffler back on and put some rubber between the clamp and muffler.

You have to do heaps of small mods like that before it'll be completely reliable.

Cheers. Needed opinions. Problem with dealer is the owner of the shop is in tha Navy and currently at sea till the 28th this month. The other staff there I wouldnt let them touch an atomik. Was gunna try Motovert direct.

lol..sorry but anyone who spends $3600 on a china is just plain stupid.

Marzocchis are impossible to get setup right. Either too soft or too hard. Quarter turn on screw adjuster( which vibrate loose) = massive change. I may need stiffer springs. At low speed is good and any hit is fine. High speed its like BMX(no dampening just deflects).

ktm i've seen what you look like dont talk to loud lol
the boys at mojo will send you back to the distributor i can garantee it
have a chat to andy at big 50's he might be able to give you a few good pointers since he helped designthe things

see how you go

lol..sorry but anyone who spends $3600 on a china is just plain stupid.

If you werent 11 years old I might have taken offence. Lucky you.
Does your Mum know that you on-line talking to adults?

True^^^^^Way to put it into perspective. Could be worse i guess.

yup life is full of ups and downs

thats an up as the way i see it

because you picked it up b4 you were blearting round a track the hub shit it self and you ended up a lil highside with a busted collarbone

chinn up mate

not good coming from a new bike, easy to fix though.
might have got bumped coming from china and no one noticed.
a few small mods and she'll be sweet :)

I couldn't see a bloody thing , mobile phone video camera formats as so jerky i couldn't see your problem.

Latest posts

Back