My Vert officially buggered

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont go bagging motovert out just cause a bunch of butchers assembled your bike i have the same bike as u and havent had any trouble at all so like coolmodee said it will get worked out by the distributor

are'nt you selling your bike on ebay inzanes motos

a mate had the same prop. use silicone to fill in any worn spots and give the area around it a coat to stop any further wear

Just a scratch, it will live. Get new bearings and you will be fine. The first motoverts chain used to cut right through the swingarm... lol

Well what can I say without swearing?
After a slow week waiting for Josh at Motovert to get back to me with new extended 6 month warranty, i decided today to go for a short side on the vert.

Got about 10-15mins from home then motor started missing then cutout. Ok I thought, plug may be fouled. Checked plug, found there is no spark!!!!!! As I was checking the plug I noticed I had somehow dinged the hell outta the front rim(dunno how).

AS you might expect I AM MIGHTY PISSED OFF. If motovert doesnt provide me with some joy this week then I will be up for slander, cause Im gunna bag em out wherever and whenever I can.

Race ready Pro my ass. Atomik agb21 got better lifespan + no worrys bout throwing out $400 bike when it breaks.
$3600 for crap.
Rant over.

can't you just get a new spark plug?? and yer my mates gotta vert expert and his breaks down all the time once every couple of weeks almost, there is a new problem he's got and it sounds pretty bad when his in 3rd gear it makes this loud scraping noise like one of his tooth has snapped of in 3rd (if gears have teeth i don't actually know)

Brazza there is no spark at all so new plug not gunna fix. CDI or coil likely cause I think.
Ahh tubes380 good question. Ill start
Here: Rear hub works loose(should have been loctited at factory apparantly) and causes chain to hit alloy frame.( now fixed but bite marks in frame)
: Exhaust pipe does not fit into muffler properly. Look down muffler and plenty of daylight to be seen.
: Pro tapers(that are meant to come standard) were cheap copies.
: Rims soft as butter
: Now bike wont start at all(no spark)I know that isnt major but the bike is only 3 weeks old(3 tanks of fuel) FFS.
: Marzocchis are no different then pitpro forks(you need to spend another$400 on adjusters to make them adjustable) (pitpro fork prolly better).
: Front brake may as well not be there at all(weak as piss).
Thats all I can think of at the moment but Im sure ill find more, if it ever gets started again!!!!! Back to real bikes for me i think.
BTW bike is meticulosly maintained so neglect is not the cause here.

Last edited:
If I dont get satisfactory answers from Motovert this week then watch this space. The vert will be parted out. Get in early for good parts. Prices TBA.

Im in Cairns,Queensland-Motovert is in Victoria.
Shopowner from shop where I purchased it is away for another 3 weeks. Either way I lose. Im just over the damn thing.

are you sure it was a genuine motovert?

check his videos mate.. it is genuine.. he just scored a dud by the look of it.

Good luck mate, keep us informed. Just shows there is failure with everything, even "top of the range" products.....

Yea
Ring MOJO and speak to JOSH.....
spoke to Josh on the phone on monday. Problem is it costs me money to call them then they dont follow up. Still waiting for reply to last lot of problems.

And yes it is real Motovert unless china is now copying mojo alloy frame(possible). But bike purchased from motovert authorised dealer so......
And i realise this is all small stuff but the reason i spent so much on a mini is so that i wouldnt have to deal with fiddly crap like this for months not days. I hope nobody else has the problems that i have had. If I had read bad things about the pro then chances are i woulda got a pitsterprox4(WHICH IS WHAT THE NEW MOTOVERT PRO IS A DIRECT COPY OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Cheer foolsp33d appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back