My Yx150 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tas

Reaction score
Hey there,
i have been starting to upgarde my bike so i thought i might aswell make a thread about it. a little about the bike it is a atomik nitrous 150cc the reason im building it up and not buying a new one is because most bikes a running the same engine so it would brobley be pointless.. ok so ill get you's up to date to what i have done to the bike so far..:blah:

Pro Tapper Bars
Pro Tapper Grips
1/8 Throttle
Uni Filter
26mm Oko Flat Side Carbie
Irk (it is not in it yet)
Gpx Rear Shock
Dc Sticker Kit

When i fist got the bike...
DSCF1122.jpg

And now!!!

DSCF1139-1.jpg

Oko Carbie & Uni Filter

DSCF1146.jpg

Gpx Rear Shock

DSCF1145.jpg

To come is

Gpx Black Labels
Black Seat
Exhaust

If any one has any advice or sugstons feel free to say

Thanks

tidy build you got going on mate.. looks good..

you've probly worked out by now tho that there are 2 yx150 engines and not many bikes use your style anymore apart from atomik.. no drama's tho, there still a good engine if setup right..

now lol by setup right im sorta referring to the ignition and carb as these engines are known for really bad kick back. and IRK is only going to make things worse too. as does a poorly tuned carb..

fit it and see how ya go just retard it fully and see if it gives you drama's. if so then purchase the lifan outer rotor kit and dial the ignition in to suit the kick back.. retarding it makes it easier to start..

sorta looks like the rear stock is too short too.. post a pic of your bike sitting on level ground..

be sure to oil that air cleaner too.. doesnt look like it is in the pic!!

thanks ill keep all that in mind, the shock is the same length as the old one.but ill still post a pic over the weekend just to make sure, if its to short whats the downfall? and ill oil up the filter to. the whole idea of this build is to get it race able

That 150DTE type is still one of my favorites. Decent cam and valve springs add a bunch up top without hurting the monster torque the 60mm stroker has. I'd skip the inner rotor, too. Modding the stock flywheel, if it has the same one my Piranha's come with, helps a lot with kick back. Grinding the leading edge of the trigger back by 4-6mm is easy, free.

195023-1.jpg

yeah, well just looking at both the pics above the pic with the new shock in has the same rear guard and seat angle as the pic above of it sitting on level ground..

short answer to wat it will do... handle like poo..
while that shock will do ya for a while, i would of chose an elka, dmn or fastace in the higher end of the scale...

but anyways, like i said it will do for now and youll know by riding it if the shock isnt suitable..

if your talkin about the 1st and 2nd pic its the same shock?

if your talkin about the 1st and 2nd pic its the same shock?

oh ok my bad.. just the caption of the first pic says that its when you first got the bike.. i assumed it was the old shock..

tell ya truth the more i look at the pics the more it looks weird...

the seat is at a reasonable level but yet the engine is still dipping down in the front...

not to worry, its just me being picky lol...

What jets have you got lined up for your carb Tas? I think from memory I'm running 38/102, mixture screw 1.5 turns out, needle on middle clip, but I can check if need be... I think this carb actually helped with kick back a bit, but when you get it wrong it still kicks like a mule ;)

* See if Akunar can do you a big valve head, stiff valve springs, cam and exhaust perhaps.
* Get an inline fuel filter onto it.
* Check your front disc size, I'm pretty sure you can go the next size up.
* Throw the kick starter in the bin and get a better/longer one (strangely a larger lever helps with kick back :p).

looks good mate keep it up, the better suspension will make it so much better.

What jets have you got lined up for your carb Tas? I think from memory I'm running 38/102, mixture screw 1.5 turns out, needle on middle clip, but I can check if need be... I think this carb actually helped with kick back a bit, but when you get it wrong it still kicks like a mule ;)

* See if Akunar can do you a big valve head, stiff valve springs, cam and exhaust perhaps.
* Get an inline fuel filter onto it.
* Check your front disc size, I'm pretty sure you can go the next size up.
* Throw the kick starter in the bin and get a better/longer one (strangely a larger lever helps with kick back :p).

i found with the new carb it starts alot easer about the 2nd kick and with my old carb it took me about 6. and the forks i want come with a new front brake and disc aswell. and ill look into another kickstartor
thanks for the input

is it possible to get a fmf or pro circuit exaust or will i just have to get a big bore one?

you can get a fmf, your engine is a crf50 style header. So make sure it is for a CRF50 but get a big bore one designed for bigger displacement look at the fmf 4.1 to start with it has a bigger pipe than the 4.

I think the 4.1 is the biggest i would go that two bros do a good one as well

Latest posts

Back