Need advise Engine oil coolant an fork oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge

Reaction score
Hi I just brought a yz426f 2000 or 01 an want to change all fluids wondering if castrol 4t 15-50 is good for my engine i ues that in mine an my sons pitser an is any coolant good enough to use an my fork seals are shot an im thinking of changing them myself if its not to hard an was look at some fork oil castrol 5w,10or 15 if I could get some ideas of wat to use would be much appreciated

Hi I just brought a yz426f 2000 or 01 an want to change all fluids wondering if castrol 4t 15-50 is good for my engine i ues that in mine an my sons pitser an is any coolant good enough to use an my fork seals are shot an im thinking of changing them myself if its not to hard an was look at some fork oil castrol 5w,10or 15 if I could get some ideas of wat to use would be much appreciated
Its no big deal doing the fork seals if you are confident patient. and have some tools..

It really will give you a idea and understanding of what they are.. Id probably start off with 10w.. Depending on your weight really.

These forks are the norm.. like all other usd forks so have a good google.. and i found the cheapest place to get a fork rebuild kit with bushes included was partzilla.. but postage can be a killer.
You will want to replace the bushes while you are at it.. To ensure silky smooth operation.

For the oil change 4t 15w-50 should be good enough for the motor. ensure it is motorcycle oil. And be careful these are a dry (ish) sump system. Not the norm or as simple to drain/fill. read owners manual to this specific bike.

Also be sure to drain the oil into a clean container and look for unwanted bits of metal and is a good time to check over many things while you are at it.

For coolant.. i like to run newlons blue at a 50% ratio with water.. Because the boiling point is around 129 deg unlike some others.. Some fans with a thermostat would be a good addition if doing alot of slow riding.

Any other questions... Keen to answer.. If you read my thread you would see i know them from inside out.. (More of so the inside too unfortunately)

Last edited:
Its no big deal doing the fork seals if you are confident patient. and have some tools..

It really will give you a idea and understanding of what they are.. Id probably start off with 10w.. Depending on your weight really.

These forks are the norm.. like all other usd forks so have a good google.. and i found the cheapest place to get a fork rebuild kit with bushes included was partzilla.. but postage can be a killer.
You will want to replace the bushes while you are at it.. To ensure silky smooth operation.

For the oil change 4t 15w-50 should be good enough for the motor. ensure it is motorcycle oil. And be careful these are a dry (ish) sump system. Not the norm or as simple to drain/fill. read owners manual to this specific bike.

Also be sure to drain the oil into a clean container and look for unwanted bits of metal and is a good time to check over many things while you are at it.

For coolant.. i like to run newlons blue at a 50% ratio with water.. Because the boiling point is around 129 deg unlike some others.. Some fans with a thermostat would be a good addition if doing alot of slow riding.

Any other questions... Keen to answer.. If you read my thread you would see i know them from inside out.. (More of so the inside too unfortunately)

Thanks zwebx My weight is between 80,90 kg so u say 10w

Latest posts

Back