New Chinese 450cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
certainly stepped it up a notch
but the price is a bit too much

would rather go for a 2nd hand jap

i reckon 5 grand and they would sell if they could prove themselves.. like maybe start a race team with them. and is there quality and power is what they say it is and they have good riders it will win races. otherwise.. no lol

but hey best china big bike ive seen.
Did they get them specially made for down under dirt bikes because i havnt seen them anywhere else..
usually u see a similar bike for sale at other places.

they cant make decent minibikes , they make worse 250's what makes them think there gonna make a decent 450????

they cant make decent minibikes , they make worse 250's what makes them think there gonna make a decent 450????

I think our little Chinese friends can make any product with the highest quality but that does cost money which in turn adds to the overall price of the product. Do you realise that most or even all of the parts that make up your KLX have probably never even been anywhere near Japan and they were all put together in Thailand by some of our other little friends.

Here is just a few of the countries that the 4 main Japanese motor companies have some of their factories:

Yamaha
Head Office: Japan
Motorcycle production: Indonesia
Parts production: China

Honda
Japan, China, USA, Canada, Thailand, Indonesia

Kawasaki
Japan, Thailand, China

Suzuki
Japan, China, India

On the other hand, China companies are expanding and opening factories all over the world for example Lifan currently have factories in about 27 different countries and they are continually growing.

Basically all im saying is that it doesnt really matter where the bike is made because all that matters is how the bike is made.

I am as skeptical as they come with these 450cc bikes but I have to say it is the best looking full size Chinese bike I have seen so far. Lets see what Dirt Rider magazine and the others have to say about it once they get their test ride.

there an not sop new item in china
my conection in china has been riding 1 for about 3 months now and from what ive herd and clips ive seen they go just as hard and sound if not as good as jap 450'z

dont be so skeptical as u might just be soon eating ur own words

yer didnt mean it like that
but they keep trying to go bigger and better when they still got MAJOR problems on there minibikes.
but i duno

there an not sop new item in china
my conection in china has been riding 1 for about 3 months now and from what ive herd and clips ive seen they go just as hard and sound if not as good as jap 450'z

dont be so skeptical as u might just be soon eating ur own words

When you say he has been riding one for 3 months in china are you meaning this exact bike or a similar 450cc bike?

Spoonta did you get my pm about the Lifan 150?

Just bikes gave it bike of the month..

you also cant compare it to a BRAND NEW 09 Jap bike, compare it to the equivilant bike you would get for the $$. look at a 06 crf450.. and compare it to this and they are basically IDENTICAL! (this actually looks better spec'd more travel, etc, frame looks EXACTLY the same, as do plastics)

Im willing to be a Melbourne Test Piliot should they wish to donate one for review. Guaranteed not to be given an 'easy time' but wont be jumped 50+ meters either, Its not a FMX bike afterall. Its designed to get riders into the scrub and still be able to do it comfortably but at minial cost.

Maybe spoonta ... but up until this point we've been right to be skeptical of anything outta china with a vertical donk ... and ya must admit all efforts so far have been a bit of a joke :rolleyes:

this may be different but you know me mate .... I'll need to see it on a podium.:D

And if that happens ?? .... rather than eat my words I'll be pleasantly suprised .... thing is their track record is faaar from good so I see no reason to be anything but skeptical at this point

My healthy skepticism up to this point is something I believe they have have put their hand up for when they rolled out the rubbish they have been producing for a few years now.

Time will tell:cool:

yer didnt mean it like that
but they keep trying to go bigger and better when they still got MAJOR problems on there minibikes.
but i duno

Again that depends on the manufacturer because there are so many over there and they all have different technology, engineers and quality controls etc. Also the specifications given to them by the buyer/importer also play a big part in the final product. Many if not most of the Chinese made bikes have been built to the specs supplied by an importer with only one thing in mind, PROFIT. The cheaper they can get it built for then the more $$$ they can make.

This 450cc bike does look to be a bit pricey but it doesnt look like they have just imported the cheapest 450 bike they could find and then slapped on a high price to make some quick $$$. As the saying goes you get what you pay for so I would be VERY worried if this bike was around the $5000.

The Australian importer mainly deals with 250-400cc quad bikes made by the same manufacture and they offer a full 12 month parts and labour warranty with them which is supplied by an independent Australian warranty company :eek:. I think thats the first time I have seen anyone offer a warranty longer that 30 days for a Chinese bike.

Last edited:

you also cant compare it to a BRAND NEW 09 Jap bike, compare it to the equivilant bike you would get for the $$. look at a 06 crf450.. and compare it to this and they are basically IDENTICAL! (this actually looks better spec'd more travel, etc, frame looks EXACTLY the same, as do plastics)

Im willing to be a Melbourne Test Piliot should they wish to donate one for review. Guaranteed not to be given an 'easy time' but wont be jumped 50+ meters either, Its not a FMX bike afterall. Its designed to get riders into the scrub and still be able to do it comfortably but at minial cost.

Don't they want 6900 for em ?? o6 ....that'll get ya an 07 with ten hours on it .

CRF450 2007 Excellent Condition - eBay Honda, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Apr-09 20:49:46 AEDST)

So yeah not that cheap ... if ya spendin 7 grand it'd wanna be good .

simple. you get what you pay for. if theyre gunna be priced at that there obvs not a bad bike. people always blame the china companies for makin sh*t bikes when its there own fault. if theyre gunna be cheap and buy them they get cheap sh*t simple.

Thats exactly right, I am told that a lot of the parts are interchangeable with Honda from the seat and plastics to the piston. Im interested to see what the Australian Dirt Bike mag test riders have to say about it because they will have it to test ride next week.

Don't they want 6900 for em ?? o6 ....that'll get ya an 07 with ten hours on it .

CRF450 2007 Excellent Condition - eBay Honda, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-Apr-09 20:49:46 AEDST)

So yeah not that cheap ... if ya spendin 7 grand it'd wanna be good .

Yeah $6990 to be exact. That poor crf^^ has been sitting around for almost 2 years and its done less than 10 hours :(. Bikes are meant to be ridden :p

You know it mate .... it woulda cartwheeled on several occasions by now if it was mine .:D

And yeah you know I respect your opinion ...you too spoonta so I'll try to keep an open mind :cool:

Yeah $6990 to be exact. That poor crf^^ has been sitting around for almost 2 years and its done less than 10 hours :(. Bikes are meant to be ridden :p
sorry to go way off topic but do bikes like that have a meter that counts the hours & km's ridden? can this be easily faked like they do with cars?
damn that's a nice bike too btw, i'd buy that over a china 450 any day, can't wait to see the reviews tho

sorry to go way off topic but do bikes like that have a meter that counts the hours & km's ridden? can this be easily faked like they do with cars?
damn that's a nice bike too btw, i'd buy that over a china 450 any day, can't wait to see the reviews tho

Naa no counter that I know of ... ten hours is hard to fake though ... or expensive .You are not makin that much more by sayin it's only got ten hours and alot has to be near new.

Things like chain, sprockets,tyres,filter ,grips .plastics all have to be almost new

Then there's things like suspension sag before ya start lookin in the motor ... hard to fake ?? guess it depends on who's lookin at it and how much they know about bikes .:cool:

You know it mate .... it woulda cartwheeled on several occasions by now if it was mine .:D

And yeah you know I respect your opinion ...you too spoonta so I'll try to keep an open mind :cool:

Dont get me wrong coz I am also very skeptical and we have more than enough reason to be especially since we havnt seen any chinese 450cc bikes yet and their attempts at the 250s have been far from impressive. I am told the bike has had 2 independent dyno runs here in Australia and they both show 34.5kw (46.27hp) so I am hoping to have the dyno sheets soon so then I can believe it.

The road versions have a digital odometer but they are just as easy (probably easier) to wind back as car odometer. As dready said it comes down to who is looking at it coz a new set of plastics with a sticker kit and a polish up here and there can make a big difference in the overall appearance to the untrained eye.

give it time, give it time...but 6990 is what i paid for my hyosung new....

and thats, what, korean? and been one damn good bike for the past 18months that ive owned it.

i think its been repeated over and over, quality control...but maybe its time the chinese had a go? remember its a big country.just cause one province is dodgy, doesnt mean EVERYWHERE is dodgy... id still wait til say, 2012(the end of the world:p) for them to prove themselves.... but as thump mentioned, every other bike is basically built and assembled somewhere in china, though they may have first been based in japan....

and the japs werent to crash hot on build quality back in the 70's and earlier themselves...

id like to see anyone here attempt to build a bike FROM SCRATCH.... ok, your allowed to source obsolete machines from the bigger named factories, but that takes MONEY, LABOUR, etc...i know i dont like working for nothing til the money starts rolling in... then theres field testing, r&d, etc etc etc... though at least most of its been worked out for them already...

but, if they were say, 4grand? id go get one tomorrow. show support...even if theyre gunna take us over soon:eek: (and communists...damn commies)

say, how about aussie manufacturing? could buy the same quality for nothing less than about thirty grand.... if we could be buggeed even trying...

Latest posts

Back