New Chinese 450cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer, i was talking to this guy. he called me chasing pistons. he says this engine is a copy of the Honda CRF450

sorry to go way off topic but do bikes like that have a meter that counts the hours & km's ridden? can this be easily faked like they do with cars?
damn that's a nice bike too btw, i'd buy that over a china 450 any day, can't wait to see the reviews tho

you can buy an hour metre from basically any motorbike shop, they dont come standard. Im not to expirienced with them so Im not sure whether you can wind them back. But there main purpose is so people know when there bike is due for a service.

I find it funny that a lot of people that were bagging the Motovert 250 which has proven to be a trusted brand (and actually has a write up as posted in the appropriate thread saying they are ok for the money), have changed there tune when it comes to this 450 which has the same circumstances. :confused:

Personally in my opinion I think comparing it to a CRF is a joke. That's not what these bikes are aimed at or meant for.

Have a closer look at the motor, if you actually owned a CRF you would know they don't look the same at all.

I reckon my CRF250 would eat this for breakfast. I would love to be wrong cause this bike like the Motovert could be great for people getting into riding but it does need to prove itself. The rest is speculation for now.

the guy that made this bike has used CRF450 Piston & rod for this machine, i would say they are made out of chinese coke cans, but the piston & rod is the same dimensions are the honda ;)

Just in from ADB , Ryan Appes is doing 100ft ramp to landing gaps on them.

The frames are actually made in Italy and the forks are unbadges 41mm Ohlins forks (top shit!)

Power is the equivilent of the honda crf450x once the delibratley detuned exhaust is changed out to the crfx pipe (2mm larger in diameter).

Its an exclusive bike aswell , like the genuine thumpy's but is manufactured is Italy and china

Give peace a chance I reckon , I would like to see a testing on it and mybe a race team put together to do the mx nats.

Good to hear!! its only a matter of time before there up there with the rest of the jap bikes

Just in from ADB , Ryan Appes is doing 100ft ramp to landing gaps on them.

The frames are actually made in Italy and the forks are unbadges 41mm Ohlins forks (top shit!)

Power is the equivilent of the honda crf450x once the delibratley detuned exhaust is changed out to the crfx pipe (2mm larger in diameter).

Its an exclusive bike aswell , like the genuine thumpy's but is manufactured is Italy and china

Give peace a chance I reckon , I would like to see a testing on it and mybe a race team put together to do the mx nats.

Must have missed Thumps post. If it's got 46.2 HP, it's got a long way to go to match the jap bikes. The fuel injected 450R's are around 55 and the still carbed 450X are 52 stock. Stick a pipe on it and a decent jetting kit and they are pretty much the same.

I think Appes would have made quite a few chages to the bike to land that gap without it collapsing underneath him. ;)

Preety sure they will be testing them as soon as they can.

But yer 100ft out of the box.

Make no mistake these are AIMED AT COMPETITION 450'S , Not trail bikes as the motovert / puzzy 250's are.

Make no mistake these are AIMED AT COMPETITION 450'S , Not trail bikes as the motovert / puzzy 250's are.

They ain't got a hope in hell then with those HP figures!! Hate to say it but that is not going to cut it on a track. Not even close.

Give them a few years and fingers crossed them come good. Would be great to get something witht the same HP or close enough for 5 grand less.

They ain't got a hope in hell then with those HP figures!! Hate to say it but that is not going to cut it on a track. Not even close.

Give them a few years and fingers crossed them come good. Would be great to get something witht the same HP or close enough for 5 grand less.

And why do you say that?
Because its made in the land of slit eye's , communism and fried rice doesn't mean it can't be competitive. All they needed to do was to duplicate the crf motor to a similar standard of quality , they have been doing this shit for years and produce most oem spares. The thing im worried about is the valves , crf's destroy valves so if they are directly copying the motor they will no doubt inherit the same shitty valve problems the honda's have.

The front forks are already better than most KYB / SHOWA units , they've already fixed the main problem associated with china bikes. I wouldn't be writing this thing off yet.

The only thing we can do is wait for time to tell , it may revolutionise china bikes or it may drop through the floor. If they have that much confidence in the bike , race it at a national level and get some promotional gear happening , its not a business risk if its that good as its claimed to be!

And why do you say that?
Because its made in the land of slit eye's , communism and fried rice doesn't mean it can't be competitive. All they needed to do was to duplicate the crf motor to a similar standard of quality , they have been doing this shit for years and produce most oem spares. The thing im worried about is the valves , crf's destroy valves so if they are directly copying the motor they will no doubt inherit the same shitty valve problems the honda's have.

The front forks are already better than most KYB / SHOWA units , they've already fixed the main problem associated with china bikes. I wouldn't be writing this thing off yet.

The only thing we can do is wait for time to tell , it may revolutionise china bikes or it may drop through the floor. If they have that much confidence in the bike , race it at a national level and get some promotional gear happening , its not a business risk if its that good as its claimed to be!

Look at the figures. Every single HP matters in competitive racing. I don't have anything against China bikes at all. I'm actually a fan. The simple fact of it is that it does not have the amount of power to keep up with ALL the main stream Jap bikes racing. Whether it's got good forks or not ain't going to amount to shit if it can't keep up. It's a simple as that.

I'm not saying it can't be competitive, I'm just saying in it's present form, it's not. Give it a couple of years and it might be. I honestly really hope so as it might wake a few of the Jap companies up and help reduce there bike prices. More competition is a great thing.

Preety sure they will be testing them as soon as they can.

But yer 100ft out of the box.

ADB will have the bike this week for testing and the write up will be in the next issue.

Must have missed Thumps post. If it's got 46.2 HP, it's got a long way to go to match the jap bikes. The fuel injected 450R's are around 55 and the still carbed 450X are 52 stock. Stick a pipe on it and a decent jetting kit and they are pretty much the same.

Im pretty sure that HP figure is taken at the rear wheel unlike the jap HP figures.

I guess we will find out in the new ADB. I would believe Jap HP figures over China ones anyday. Plus they have how many years of bike manafacturing? Again I'm ot bagging it, just looking at the facts.

I'm going into my Honda shop tomoz which has a dyno and works on some wicked race bikes and will see exctly what they get at the rear wheel for stock bikes and race bikes to see what they really are up against.

I guess we will find out in the new ADB. I would believe Jap HP figures over China ones anyday. Plus they have how many years of bike manafacturing? Again I'm ot bagging it, just looking at the facts.

I'm going into my Honda shop tomoz which has a dyno and works on some wicked race bikes and will see exctly what they get at the rear wheel for stock bikes and race bikes to see what they really are up against.

The dyno runs were done here in Australia so they are not chinese figures. Also you need to keep in mind that the Japs are also very good at tweaking the figures, for example a lot of bikes weight figures are not 100% correct. When they say 'dry weight' they mean no engine oil, no fork oil, no chain, no wheels etc so basically all they weigh is a bare naked bike :p.

The dyno runs were done here in Australia so they are not chinese figures. Also you need to keep in mind that the Japs are also very good at tweaking the figures, for example a lot of bikes weight figures are not 100% correct. When they say 'dry weight' they mean no engine oil, no fork oil, no chain, no wheels etc so basically all they weigh is a bare naked bike :p.

Well there you go!! :D

What the hell is the point of that then? I prefer talking fully wet bike. Full tank of fuel, the works. Like the real world!!

If it's 5 grand cheaper than it's competitors, there has to be some difference some where on the bike. You know what I mean? Not being a sceptic, but it does cost x amount for good quality parts. Made in China or not.

I'm just curios to see the figures straight off the Dyno for the CRF's as they are my weapon of choice for big bikes.

crfs make around 46-47hp at wheel, mine made 51 after some tweaking. However no dyno is the same so if u want to get a true reading run them back to back on the same dyno. I think its funny a bunch of guys riding mini china bikes are bagging out a bike for horsepower.

Good luck to them i say, i actually heard the bike was based more around the Suzuki 450.

crfs make around 46-47hp at wheel, mine made 51 after some tweaking. However no dyno is the same so if u want to get a true reading run them back to back on the same dyno. I think its funny a bunch of guys riding mini china bikes are bagging out a bike for horsepower.

Good luck to them i say, i actually heard the bike was based more around the Suzuki 450.

Thing is mate we've seen and discussed most of chinas efforts to produce big bikes in here as alot of us ride big bikes too ... the last one was the motvert which was really just a puzey with vert stickers and like all efforts to date not much good for anything but trail riding ... so the crew are understandably skeptical .

Having said that I really like what I'm reading and 100 outta the box tells me this may be different .... really different.... either way I'll still roll a twobanger and replace pistons and rings till they sort out the valves .... that and I just like powerband too much too give em away .:D

So yeah I say good luck too, if it goes as well as some are saying it should give the market a long overdue shake up :cool:

Thing is mate we've seen and discussed most of chinas efforts to produce big bikes in here as alot of us ride big bikes too ... the last one was the motvert which was really just a puzey with vert stickers and like all efforts to date not much good for anything but trail riding ... so the crew are understandably skeptical .

Having said that I really like what I'm reading and 100 outta the box tells me this may be different .... really different.... either way I'll still roll a twobanger and replace pistons and rings till they sort out the valves .... that and I just like powerband too much too give em away .:D

So yeah I say good luck too, if it goes as well as some are saying it should give the market a long overdue shake up :cool:

word:cool:

i think the chinese really need to work more on thier branding and have maybe one or 2 majors brands instead of this individual buyer specified branding etc. would def help consumer confidence which IMO is the biggest hurdle for them.

Latest posts

Back