Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theshniz47

Reaction score
Hi guys, new on this forum as i was getting no where on pbc.
the issue i have is,
i've just been out and bought a 2011 stomp 140 that i presume has the YX engine in, as the engine number is 1p56fmj which i googled.
the lad a got if off clearly new nothing about bikes....
So i got it in the van and noticed it was loosing oil from the side casing on the shifter side.
I got it home, removed the cover, and found i was able to wobble the flywheel, not just on the shaft but the actual shaft itself moves in the bottom end!!!!
So has any 1 had this before, and did they fix it, or is it a case of a new crank shaft cheers in advance for any help :bigcry:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, welcome to Miniriders,

don't forget to drop by the Introduce Yourself thread and say g'day too.

it sounds like the crank bearings could have failed,
or maybe a gear or dog in the gearbox has broken, and taken out the l/h engine casing

depending on your mechanical ablities, it might be easier to replace the engine ?

here is a guide to pulling down the 140 engine,
have a look through what is involved-
http://www.scribd.com/doc/45909077/yx140-engine-split

cheers, craig

Last edited:
Cheers the caseings are fine no cracks or breaks any were to me it seems like the crank shaft has snapped behind the timeing cog

Cheers the caseings are fine no cracks or breaks any were to me it seems like the crank shaft has snapped behind the timeing cog
Probably caused by the flywheel being loose therefor allowing it to rattle the shiz out of the shaft and make it unbalanced causing it to sheer

Latest posts

Back