Oil coolers. Check here FIRST!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh mine snaped yesterday i just welded it back on when you do this make shure you weld front and back of the bracket cause there only welded on the front and if they get a knock the weld snaps (hinge weld)

i got some pics have a look im just a bit pissed off lol

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

mate it looks like the oil cooler is leaking from the of the gaskets

dont know how this would effect the engine running as it should only drop a bit of oil

good luck though

Oil cooler Intercooler style

Howdy, got a new oil cooler. nice and big, wont fit under near the frame like other bikes.

wat do you think? any suggestions?

oilcooler.jpg

oilcooler2.jpg

oilcooler3.jpg

thats really the only spot where it can go though aye, doesnt look too bad but i would suggest placing it on the other section of the tripple tree where the front fender connects, down low may look a little better. although it could also have something to do with the fact that your oil breather filter is next to your clutch lever :D hahaha.

you could also possible put it in front of your bar clamps?? that way you could also still keep your number plate on there as well, just another option, let us know what you come up with champ :)

Cheers, Tony.

Oil Cooler

I know this must sound stupid. but i was wondering what an oil cooler does does it just cool oil? i was just wondering because I was thinking of getting one for my agb 29.
any help would be good:)

it helps cool the engine down i think.
ive got 1 on my bike and it doesnt really make any differents but it helps the engine run longer without overheating

yep thats what it does cools oil and very efficiently, it is a must for big bore bikes and i recommend useing one on all pit bikes irrespective of the size engine.

ok sweet i will look into getting one for my bike when i get some money thanks for the help

do a search on ebay for oil cooler there avalable for $79 with lines from buythisdirtbike ive brought stuff from there and are safe to deal with over the net ........

yea i looked around and saw that there were three different ones there was the one you are talking about and two others that looked the same and were both 100 but they had a few more bolts and a mould for the frame.

This was one piece of equipment that I thought was a waste of money. I had one in my hands at a shop that took hours to travel to but decided I didnt need it.

Well, after shaving the head, porting, advancing the timing and fitting in a bigger carb, I have improved power from increased compression and freer revving up high. The engine runs noticeably much hotter. Without water cooling, I then realized the purpose of an oil cooler.

A friend of mine has got one of those 140cc's from XY (high comp piston, IRK, etc..etc...). Damn, does his engine run really hot. The engine came with an oil cooler and it sure was for a purpose.

I'd say for a standard engine, there may be no immediate need although there would be no harm in having one. For modified engines, its practically a must.

I wanna know this aswell. Would it make it heaps better??

Or would an Inner Rotor kit be better? And how much r they for a good one and labour costs if anyone knows?

Thanks

yea u can oil cool any engine! it wont make it faster, but it will run the oil cooler note this is why its called oil cooler! and it will run a little more oil in the bike...

cuthbo, id go IRK!

Latest posts

Back