Ordering from overseas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
hi everyone i want to order some parts from some american stores like five-0 racing and mini bike outlet and maybe power sports store but i wanna know is do i pay to pay an extra fee for like them having to ship out of the states like an export fee or anything or do i just pay for parts and postage and thats it???

i just wanna know as someone said i would have to pay extra fees for them exporting it to another country???

cheers thanks guys

i always thort u just pay for parts and shipping but from what ive heard i dunno????

yea i i got the same question :confused:

its gota go thro quarantine?

I've never had to pay any extra!! The sender fils out a customs declaration stating the total value of the item etc..

It would be very unlikely it will be held at customs and you will have to pay customs fees, But other then the risk of customs fees there is no other cost apart from the goods and shipping..

i was just imformed that if you keep your order under 1g you dont have to pay anything so ill just have to make 2 orders ;)

Like I said the seller states how much the total contents of the package is.
In most cases they won't lie of the value but if it's worth a $1000+ just nicely ask if they can decrease the total amount to avoid customs...

Mostly these days you don't get hit for duty or GST.

Once you've paid your purchase price and shipping cost that's it.

A lot of places in the States make it a policy to value the items at 50% - so unless you're not ordering big value items, you will generally be under the Customs surveillance limit.

You will get charged a little extra for your Visa transaction, and the exchange rate is a little lower than it was - but generally buying abroad is heaps cheaper. If enough of us do it - then may be the lazy bludgers in Aus retail will get off their ass and compete!

- but generally buying abroad is heaps cheaper. If enough of us do it - then may be the lazy bludgers in Aus retail will get off their ass and compete!

Not all there fault, the big (Good quality 50 companys) don't give you much of a discount & if the exchange rate is bad at the time it works out worse...

Also companies have to pay customs fees and taxes when they order a large quantity so that also adds to the price.

Yeah I've heard those excuses before, but if somebody can explain how a product made right here in Aus ends up in the States at half the price it is here - or why a big brand name MX bike is 35% cheaper in the U.S. - I'd be really interested to work the figures!

As far as I know you get charged GST when the value of items reaches $500 AUD and over ...

I've imported heaps of things from the US and a few from England , Russia , Asia , China , Canada ... but I only ever got stung GST on a parcel sent from Florida .... $67 AUD on $429 USD .... They hit you on the total including postage ....

i have done it a few times and all i have paid is for the items and the postage and i got in like 5-7 working days:D

Yeah I've heard those excuses before, but if somebody can explain how a product made right here in Aus ends up in the States at half the price it is here - or why a big brand name MX bike is 35% cheaper in the U.S. - I'd be really interested to work the figures!

What product are you reffering to that is Aussie made?

The item I particularly had in mind were Pivot Pegz.

Made in Tassie and generally on sale in Aus for well over $200 - I saw them on sale in Erie PA for $108.

Even worse than that is the price of some safety gear items.

The Leatte brace costs $600+ in Aus Stores - but is available in the States for about $350 if you shop around. These guys really have their regional pricing policy stiched up as well! I tried to buy a Leatte brace on mail order from BTO Sports in the US - but their supplier agreement prohibits them from selling these items anyone in Australia!

I recon making Australian dads pay $300 more than anyone else to protect their kid's life is bloody criminal. Whoever is profiteering on these products needs their bloody ass kicked around the block.

The poor old Aussie consumer who doesn't know any better, seems to be stuck with having to sudsidize overseas sales for big business!

There's supposed to be an authority to oversee fair competition in this country, but they must be permanently out to lunch!! - probably with the distributors lol!!

Have a look at the price of a Honda CR450 in the States sometime - there's food for thought! Maybe it is a more competitive market, but $4000 difference - Really!!!

Then Aussie stores complain they are loosing business , but the reality is that in a world of global consumers. We shop around and get the best price , that is - buying off-shore.We save a few 100 , get it just as quick. So their shooting themselves in the foot with their high retail prices.

Just received my Alpinestars tech 2 boots and thor enemy googles for $240au shipped thankyou USA for the unbeatable prices!!!!

Just received my Alpinestars tech 2 boots and thor enemy googles for $240au shipped thankyou USA for the unbeatable prices!!!!

yeah I buy most of my riding gear from the USA aswell. The prices are cheaper and only $25 shipping so the aussie stores just cant compete.

yeah I buy most of my riding gear from the USA aswell. The prices are cheaper and only $25 shipping so the aussie stores just cant compete.

It's crazy it cost riders discount $53us to ship it over here (charged me $25) and they still make a profit? All the stuff ships from the same warehouse in china so i really can't understand the aussie markup on EVERYTHING.

I'm looking into getting a mod KLX110 shipped in my dads crate early next year. He imports mustangs and parts from the USA, travels over there twice a year to source them and has one crate shipped by sea. For $2000us you could get a sick bike, just need to work out if customs will allow it in the country first without to much hassle or charging an arm and leg.

Yeah they have normally charged $25 flat rate shipping for any amount of items which is too good because some aussie sellers charge more just to ship from one side of Aus to the other. It doesnt really make much sense to me.

Then Aussie stores complain they are loosing business , but the reality is that in a world of global consumers. We shop around and get the best price , that is - buying off-shore.We save a few 100 , get it just as quick. So their shooting themselves in the foot with their high retail prices.

Well said and all true

well im back fellas its been 5 days since ive been on cause my ******* net shit itself haha

but yeh thats good ill hopfully be ordering my parts but i just bought a new car and needa get it on the road so not 100% if im getting the parts firt but ill see how it goes yeh?

Latest posts

Back