Outer rotor kit.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if you want to easily adjust your timing, have a way to verify, and qualify such changes. Adding marks and checking yours first may save some money. 27-28 degrees total is about right for max power on most of these hemispherical chambers. Stock Lifan 150 ignition is what the offering is. You'd have to remove about 3mm from the mounting face of the backing plate, so the stator plate fits in farther, or the rotor will rub stator plate. Your stock system can be retarded by grinding back the leading edge of the flywheel bump, advanced/retarded a tad by slotting the pickup mounts and/or adding and advance/retard offset key.

How do I check what mine is running at now?

Verify timing mark, math-out the flywheel circumference, divide by 360 degrees, mark every 10 degrees, attach timing light, spin it up. Easy-cheezy. Or, you can affix a big degree wheel from the auto speed shop and use it. Need it for the next lesson, degreeing your camshaft;) Building v. assembling 101. Professor FP. Grades tough and some times tosses low scoring pupil from window. Has tenure and a strong union, so it goes unchecked.

i verify tdc to be spot on then use my snap on adjustable timing light. can see initial and total timing while engine is running..

Latest posts

Back