pe28 on yx150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yxjosh

Reaction score
I have a yx150 just waiting on the rubber adaptor to fit it currently have jets 40/100 how do you think it will run bit lean ?

nah that sounds like a good starting point,
you will need to dial in the Pilot first, then you can do a plug chop to see how it's running in the top end and go from there.

you might be able to drop the Pilot jet back to a #38

Ok sweet ill see how it goes will it be a big improvement from the china mikuni thats on there

Yea, the difference will be night and day, it might not feel like it at first, but get the jetting right and it'll fly!

Hi yxjosh. Can you link up some pics of you're set up?! I got a yx150 recently and I'm looking into a different carby set up for it! Interested to see how the pe28 fits it!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Ah ok thanks guys what are the most comon jetting size ??
As mention I have 40/100
Sorry mate not on yet waiting for adaptor

the common jetting for them is around a #38 Pilot Jet, and a #95 Main Jet (#95 Main might still be a bit rich)
but as i mentioned above,
first you will need to dial in your Pilot Jet before you can start trying any other Main Jets.

it all depends on what mods your engine has,
you are going to run an oiled Foam Filter on it aren't you ?
any port work ? what size exhaust? different muffler? even a different ignition system , and where you ride it (how many metres above sea level) etc etc could change what Jetting it needs

stu want to see which manifold you are going to use ▲▲

nah both are the same bolt spacing on the head 45mm

then he sold a bike with one that should have been perfect, that one i sent up... if worst comes to worst i no for a fact that the tb manifold works stoozo, i had the pe28 on the 160 just to make sure it ran, and had no issues what so ever. i am also pretty sure you dont want to pay that much for a inlet manifold either lol.
sorry on the thread jack to yxjosh

I have pro circuit copy exhaust unifilter oiled inner rotor kit stock head an cam ill see how the 40/100 go first then you reckon maybe go 38 pilot

then he sold a bike with one that should have been perfect, that one i sent up... if worst comes to worst i no for a fact that the tb manifold works stoozo, i had the pe28 on the 160 just to make sure it ran, and had no issues what so ever. i am also pretty sure you dont want to pay that much for a inlet manifold either lol.
sorry on the thread jack to yxjosh

yeah I found that TB one in china version for $30 on ebay, but really I may as well spend then other $30-40 and get a real carby and rubber manifold like you said in the PM. The 160 pretty sure after taking hte carby off the other day its a 26mm mikuni...not a 22 I have a 22 on the yx and another 22 sitting on the balcony getting wet, cause I was going to re-build it but then got sidetracked.....the yx needs something better than the 22 mikuni for sure....compared to the bigwheel with the 160 even with the long gearing on the yx its still slow compared to the 160 with the 26mm carby on it....

yeah, start it up, let it warm up and run for a bit.

then when it's warm, adjust your mixture screw to tune the carby,
turn the idle up to about 1800 rpm. then adjust the mixture screw in or out to get the highest/smoothest rpm.
let it settle for 5-10 seconds after, listen to the way the engine responds to the adjustment.
turn the screw 1/4 turn at a time, then when it's close you can adjust it 1/8 turn at a time.

once you are happy, drop the idle speed back down to normal
give it a test ride and try it out.

take note of how many turns out (from being gently nipped up tight) the mixture screw is
if it is more than 2 to 2.5 turns out then the pilot jet is too big.
if the idle mixture screw is at o to .5 turn out then the pilot jet is too small

inner rotor kit? what brand is it ?
if it's a china cheapy replace it with something decent, something like this-
Magneto Stator Assy KIT Lifan 110 125 140cc YX 140 150 160 CC Pitbike | eBay.

Last edited:
Ok no worriew not sure on brand came on it when I bought it ao the standard style magneto better ? Or outer rotor

depends on what sort of riding do you do the most of ?

Ok no worriew not sure on brand came on it when I bought it ao the standard style magneto better ? Or outer rotor

I have 3 pe28 carbs I run 42/125 if u need I have brand new outer rotor if u need one

Latest posts

Back