Perimeter Midsize Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey fused
heres the pics of the choke in relation to the frame
sorry bout the shitty photo but im sure you get the idea

Attachments

• choke.jpg
    choke.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 68
and heres how ive angled the air filter away from the exhaust to stop it burning

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62
ok, i seen a 155z barrel today and it had 155 stamped in it, but it had been ground down and factory stamped so im guessing theres a few varieties of the barrels kicking around.

and i also verified that some engines from dhz have been shipped out with carbon in the ports..

i hope he isnt shipping re-manufactured(cracked case upgraded and rebuilt) engines out and advertising them as new.

i think now would be a good time for ken or a dhz rep to throw a post in here...

My Atomik (YX) had carbon in the exhaust port when I un-crated it... I think they run the engine for a few seconds at the factory before they ship them just to make sure it's gonna go :)

If the valve adjustment is out (as seems to be the case with these motors) I imagine the engine wouldn't have to run long at all to get carbon deposits going...

Well I got some shots this afternoon,

Take a look at that engine sitting there just stinging to get a beating,
progress.jpg

And some shots of the modded clutch arm:
clutcharm.jpg

clutcharm2.jpg

I also drilled the top engine mount out to 3/8" (9.45mm) as the current 8mm bolt was really sloppy and the rear engine mount isnt all that great either, so between the top and bottom mounts it should be covered now.

From here, Im waiting on my RM85 front brake system to arrive so I can mod that to fit the GPX forks and waiting on some 15mm bearings to put into the front wheel I have sitting here ready to slide on.

I also have some other goodies such as a real carbon fibre ignition cover, protaper bars, alloy pegs and a rear fender guard, but all these need slight modding to fit too. The jobs are starting to list up.

Last edited:
Heres some questions,

Is the klx peg mount holes the same as the CRF50/Chinese engine peg mount holes?

And is a CT110 tranny compatible with chinese engines?

I am trying to find the answers but thought somebody might already know.

ct110 tranny fits crf50 so id say it should fit chinese motors. builds comin along nice mate! good work. klx is differant to crf.. u have crf50 pegmount holes anyway coz crftype bottom end klx top

Last edited:
Yes I know they are different but how so? as I want to put a two brothers or red barron klx110 skidplate onto this engine but am unsure whether I can mod it to fit?

Doesnt have to be anything, but I want a klx110 skidplate as they look better in my opinion, otherwise I think I will have to go the BBR copy plate like pitsterpro sells.

Thought it might be easier to just buy some graphics then to design and print my own.
Im thinking one of these and want some feedback
Green.jpg

Blue.jpg

Island.jpg

My Rm85 front brake turned up too, just waiting on some wheel bearings and then I can sort the front end out.

Slowly making progress, not to concerned as I want this built right and part of the fun is the build.

Last edited:
Should also mention that I should have a red baron skid plate to add to the mix,

Still chasing a rear brake system, and rear brake pedal is anyone can help out with info. The master cylinder mount holes are 40mm c/c on the frame, was thinking about a kx65 rear setup but not entirely sure

Phil, i really like pics 1 and 2. I do not like 3 at all.

Would it be possible continue that theme on the rear plastic that covers the exhaust.

The rear number plate graphics either have to be reworked or thrown in the bin as I have the perimeter plates which are smaller, check the photo in the first post. I kind of like the second pic, I might have a go at changing it to be rough squares instead of flowers as they are a little gay.

go number three FLOWER POWER lol

nah in all seriousness i recon pic 2 mate

but hey at the end on of the day mate it your bike your choice

^^ Agreed... orrr why don't you just buy a dead stock set of KLX Plastics of DHZ and then Prime them up after you sand and rough them up a bit and go to work with a bit of artistic Spray painting and Stensils??
________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited:
In my opinion that always looks second rate, especially when the bike starts to kiss planet earth.

Here's a pic of the bash plate I'm looking at getting, I think it should fit, with only minor modification but am still unsure as no one has been able to tell me how exactly the KLX110 and CRF50 pegmount bolt alignment is different.
Skid.jpg

Latest posts

Back