pitpro 140XR reviews

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollis

Reaction score
hey , i have been trying to find a review on the new pp140xr for ages now but it seems there is none, like i have looked everywhere and still nothing! i have only seen afew people say this and that about them but only little things like its good or it goes fast...brummbrumm"..and those types of things lol so if any1 here has a pitpro 140xr and wants to post a review or a pic of their bike" go ahead it would be kewl as thanks *peace*

i'd like a review, or a 140XR vs the 125rr as im buying a new bike soon and after one with decent suspension(for jumps ect.), i've heard the 140XR is a bigger bike, if thats true, its a plus

yeah i would to but cant be bothered, but good all round bike, do up bolts with loctite, throw some numbers on it, put some decent oil in it, remove spark arrestor and ride it hard. very reliable and heaps of fun, couldnt imagine someone not being happy with this bike, i love it more than my klx300 and just as much fun as my z50 (road registered) now that fun. Im to lazt to write a proper review but i will make up for it with a fw pics.
IMG_0135.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

oh, the biggest complaint i have about this bike, but really, its nothing, its the stand, the bike stands to upright, it likes to roll a little on a hill, nothing the angle grinder cant fix. Im thinkin a green klx sticker kit and some rec rego for the bush is my next step, oh and its easy to ride with boots, u can still gear change easy enough and u still dont feel cramped, they do have a little more leg room than the rr it think it is, the cr style model, im 5'11 and weigh 75kg, its comfier than it looks.

my Pit pro 140XR
photo0071zw6.jpg

photo0070vu6.jpg

photo0069na8.jpg

pretty stock at the moment, ill get some tapers for it soon. im thinking of doing the mudflap/air snorkle mod, and i've got a Kawasaki monster energy sticker kit on the way.

cheers thanx, yeah i got the tapers when i won the bid on ebay, it was a pre order auction. i never tried the stock bars so cant really give a comparison. whats the mudflap air snorkle mod, sounds interesting?

Well i got mine yesterday and it is very easy to assemble, even someone with no bike/mechanical know-how could do it if they had too. it fired up second kick which was also good!

The only problem i had with mine was missing one fender bolt (55c from the fastner supply store) and an annoying rattle coming from the exhaust springs. im going to see if there is anything i can do it about it but apart from that the bike seems good (i have only riden it for 30 min around my back yard between uni and work unfortunately time is limited). Also the front brake seems pretty useless (you would be better off with a downhill mountain bike disc setup:confused: ) maybe this will get better though when everything beds in. either way i plan on going to a 220mm disc with 4 pot front caliper for mini motard so it is no biggy

The bike was bought for my little bro to ride when he comes down on holidays to visit me but im sure i will enjoy riding it to. I will get some mini motard rims for it and take it to the kart track.

After i have given it a hiding i will post up a review but at the moment all i can commet on is my first impressions.

Also the ebay seller is abit useless. i paid for it on the 29/1 and didnt recieve it until the 12/2 which in my opinion is very poor considering on their advert on ebay they say "ready for imediate shipping" and "Delivery time to hobart 4 days". i wouldnt mind it being late if the bloke said i will throw in some bars, tubes, chain what ever but they had a fairly "i couldnt give a f8ck attitude"

Oh well 4.5/5 for the bike on first impression
2/5 for the seller
?/5 overall
and i will give a final rating once it sees some dirt and mini motard action

003_G.sized.jpg

yeah the brakes are pretty crappy at the start, mine work great now, mine pulls up so quick now, just give it a little time, u may not have to upgrade, see how u go i guess. I think u just gotta wear out that matt black surface, once it gets to the metal they should be fin, i still have to bleed mine out and put better fluid in.

Hey this sounds a bit dodge, but with the spring on the exhaust i wrapped mine in electrical tap, the whole spring, it just stops it bouncing up and down, or at least will stop that metal to metal buzzing sound, it works a treat, but like i said a bit dodge but i couldnt think of anything better at the time. it took me a couple of rides to work out where that dam noise was coming from. Tonight I took it for a bang out some trails behind my house then into an industrail estate, no one around so i let loose, forgot how hard this thing goes, i think the spark arrestor removed makes more difference than i thought.

To fix the exhaust spring rattle all you need to do is very gently bend the tabs that the springs hook onto away from the pipe slightly and rattle is gone,I did this to mine nearly 5months ago when I got my bike and problem hasn't resurfaced since.

To fix the exhaust spring rattle all you need to do is very gently bend the tabs that the springs hook onto away from the pipe slightly and rattle is gone,I did this to mine nearly 5months ago when I got my bike and problem hasn't resurfaced since.

Yeah cool mate i will give it a go

anf355 thanks for your respons but i will try goose's trick first:cool:

Do you recon riping the pads out and giving them a rub on some smooth concrete would help get the pads working better? or are there any after market pads for these that bite well. im sure the OEM ones will get better but i want wicked stopping power for motard so unless they will pull endos until im blue in the face i recon i will still do the upgrade. Im still interested in what can be done to improve the OEM stuff though as i will keep that gear for my little bro to use and for occasional dirty weekends:cool:

I bent the exhaust spring mounts out and that stopped the rattles:D

I still havent had a chance to do the front pads but i will give them a light sand before i take it for a run on the weekend

Also i need to give onlinebikesnbits (ebay seller) a bit of good feedback. I sent them a email about the poor delivery time and they are sending me out a free genuine uni filter and HD chain.;)

Congrats on your new bike.

Try some brake cleaner spray on your pads and discs.

Before you think about "mods", think about the "prep". Here are some suggestions:

* regrease head stem bearings.
* replace shock and swing arm bolts with correct shaft lengths (eliminate thread on bearing points with stock bolts).
* replace the "fish oil" in the forks with motorex fork oil. Very important "mod" for decent handling. Copy the original volume of oil if not sure. Try 7.5wt or less in USD forks, and 10wt or more in conventional forks.
* Check your forks are "neutral" in the clamps so that your axle can be inserted by hand.
* Replace the stock brake fluid with some new/real stuff.
* replace the stock rear spring with one that suits your body weight and type of riding. If you are under 75Kg or not riding SX, consider you spring may be too stiff.
* loctite on: brake bolts, plastics bolts, handlebar related bolts, gear shifter lever clamp bolt, rear brake clamp bolt, exhaust header studs and nuts, fork clamp bolts, axle nuts, etc.
* Fit rim lock inside rear tyre and front if want normal pressure in the front tyre too (more grip) without ripping off valve stems.
* Better tyres. Bridgestone M404/M403 rule in most cases. (edit: these seem impossible to get in 14/12" or smaller. So try M402/M401).
* Replace stock handlebars with nicer bend that suits you.
* Replace the engine transport oil with Shell Rimula-X diesel oil. Replace the engine oil at least every 10hrs of run time. Cheap insurance.
* Fit a magnetic oil drain plug. Cheap insurance. You'll be amazed what they catch!
* Light oil (Inox is best) on axles, and generally everywhere metal after riding and washing except the brake discs.
* The china air filters are crap. Get a genuine Unifilter and some of their filter oil.
* Consider adjusting your rear spring pre-load (rear bike height) until you bike turns and tracks the way you want. This can make a huge difference to your fun factor and lap speeds.
* Check your valve clearances. When new if you are keen, then every 30 or 40 hrs. Too tight and your valves can burn and die along with your power and compression. Too loose and you loose power too.
* Consider a Fuelstar TM-VC fuel converter in your fuel tank. For more low end torque and better valve protection.
* Install an inline fuel filter if not standard on your bike. Be sure to position it horizontally so it traps water too.
* Check stock fuel line is not too brittle. Replace if necessary.
* Take your tyres off and be sure no spokes are overlength inside the rims, which will cause tube flats earlier than you'd like. Also be sure to Inox oil the inside ends of all spoke nipples - so they can always be retensioned.
* Adjust your clutch freeplay for easy action for your left hand.
* Adjust your brake levers to suit your right hand and foot.
* Adjust your chain slack (seems to be best checked when someone sits on a pitbike).
* Install a mudflap to keep grit and rocks off your rear shock shaft and spring.
* Learn to adjust your suspension clickers: Compression - your bike ends should each bottom out at one point in the lap/terrain you are riding. If not using full travel then you and your bike can lap faster. If forks bottom out harshly at any place on a track/circuit then increase fork oil volume until this sensation just goes away. Rebound - set the rear so it does not "kick" on braking bumps and/or break loose on accel bumps. But don't go any "slower" on the shock rebound or you will quickly lose traction. Set your fork rebound with enough so that your front wheel does not "push" out of turns for the speed at which you can ride. But do not use more rebound dampening than this - or like on the rear you will lose traction in bumps.

Then go out and flog it to death and you might find your China bike is very hard to kill. ;) ;)

Last edited:
i will do this to my new bike aswell not sure what to get i want a mso sr but dont have that kinda money so might get a 140xr

Latest posts

Back