Pitster Pro Dirtmax Head WTF??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yea AHAHAHA sus1 jokes make me laff u are all such comedians FU

oi coolie can u change my SENIOR MEMBER thing to something kool just for me :)

ta

lots of love sus1 XOXOXOX

What are you stripping it for?

I'm buying a TB.com 165cc V2 head kit for it, and I like to make sure my engines are built properly. Check the squish clearance, measure the comp and adjust if neccessary. Check valve springs for coil bind as the V2 head apparenty has an enormous cam. Might clean the ports up a bit to. Dial in the cam. There's lots to do to make sure your engine is running at its best. Just bolting it in and revving it isn't the way to go fast. Maybe thats why so many people are only getting short life expectancies from these things.

Does anyone know if there is a japanese ring set that will fit on the 63mm V2 piston? I'd like to avoid using the chinese rings if I could. Maybe wiseco has something. I'll have to check the thicknesses when the kit arrives.

yea itsa YX, but... dam there cud be like 1000's of engines exactly the same as mine, made by the same brand, but stamped with different names lol

even made in the same factory lol u just ask for whatever brand u want plastered onnit thats why i laugh when people tell me Braaap bikes are more reliable rofl the engines are all the same numnuts

lol it funny how ppls all stay the daytonas need 10hour rebuilds and they wear out fast............... the 125 and the 150's dont need rebuilds offten at all, all they need are good oil changers, yes they do get hot but that y we run them wif good coolers setups. we got daytona motors with 50+ hours still goin strong,

in the case of the 4valve needing rebuilds offten yer that tru but wat dosnt when it runing like 14;1 compression and the rest of it..

The Word

Why does The PisterPro GPX Engine have Dirtmax Stamped on the on the cylinder head?
Same reason Motovert and many other brands using the the YX150 engines, Beacuse......they are all produced by YX/Dirtmax.

Thats right............YX & Dirtmax are the same company!

YX makes engines and Bikes for a number of brands including Pitsterpro, Cinniworx, FMR, "Dirtmax" is their own brand.

YX/Dirtmax have developed a new cylinder head that has different inlet and exhaust port angles which flows better than the old YX stamped clinder head, this clyinder head is marked with "Dirtmax".
You can see the changes by looking at the inlet port angle, it slants to the front of the engine instead of to the rear.

Dirtmax have a lot more going on then you think, and are the one to watch....
look out for the Dirtmax 169 cc engine & a Four Valve head for the 150cc Avenger:)

Why does The PisterPro GPX Engine have Dirtmax Stamped on the on the cylinder head?
Same reason Motovert and many other brands using the the YX150 engines, Beacuse......they are all produced by YX/Dirtmax.

Thats right............YX & Dirtmax are the same company!

YX makes engines and Bikes for a number of brands including Pitsterpro, Cinniworx, FMR, "Dirtmax" is their own brand.

YX/Dirtmax have developed a new cylinder head that has different inlet and exhaust port angles which flows better than the old YX stamped clinder head, this clyinder head is marked with "Dirtmax".
You can see the changes by looking at the inlet port angle, it slants to the front of the engine instead of to the rear.

Dirtmax have a lot more going on then you think, and are the one to watch....
look out for the Dirtmax 169 cc engine & a Four Valve head for the 150cc Avenger:)

Well yes they are the same company but they are still a very young company. Yes they do manufacture bikes and there motors are in many bikes now but just coz the motor is YX doesnt mean the bike was manufactured by them. For example they dont manufacture the Ciniworks bikes.

In my opinion they still have a bit to prove in regards to reliability and quality but as I said they are a young company so only time will tell. They have gone a long way in the short time they have been around so I dont doubt they will continue to grow.

Yes, your are right....... YX no longer makes bikes for Cinniworks or Pitsterpro for that matter, all that fizzled out with the creation of Dirtmax.

i'm keen to know more about the Daytona 150, i heard and read some good and a few bad things, are they worth the money?

Has anyone worked one? and what is the power output?

I wouldnt pay that sorta coin for a Daytona motor coz that just seems ridiculous. Talk to corey and he will be able to give you some info on worked Daytona motors.

In my opinion they still have a bit to prove in regards to reliability and quality but as I said they are a young company so only time will tell. They have gone a long way in the short time they have been around so I dont doubt they will continue to grow.

Just to add to that quote, i have just managed to get a hold of the Dirtmax 2009 catalog from china. The Australian version will be out soon, i hear.

http://l.b5z.net/i/u/6058872/f/DIRTMAX_Catalogue2009.pdf

Take a look at the second part of the paper, engine section:

They have a 169 engine with what looks like a Takegawa super head
They have a 4 valve head for the 150cc engine
They have a 150cc daytona copy
and other bits.

the tacky copy looks sweet as

the g/box looks like the kwaka box well the caseings do if only the innerds where as tuff

i'm also told the china's are in the process of makeing a dohc head for the daychina but i'm yet to see it

but if i eva lunch the lifan i'll build a jap engine i reckon

Looks like they've attempted to remedy a few problems with some of the new motors ie 6 plate clutch , closer ratio gears ... Note that they've also got a Lifan 150 equivalent which they claim has 15 hp whereas their 140 only has 8.8 hp ????? The Tak copy head looks interesting ... They've also got the narrower Honda CRF50 type billet hubs to suit what looks very similar to AS-01's with the narrow triple clamps ...

China is moving forward pretty quickly ...

TBH i think dirtmax is a crock of shit.... there ebay site used to claim 18hp out of the yx150 with "just jetting changes" yet when i asked for the uncorrected dyno sheet he ragged on me....

I can hardly see the use in spending that sort of money on something.... Id much rather buy it, and do all the work myself to make sure its all right :)

TBH i think dirtmax is a crock of shit.... there ebay site used to claim 18hp out of the yx150 with "just jetting changes" yet when i asked for the uncorrected dyno sheet he ragged on me....

Hahaha yes that seller urbanx has shit customer service and when you question them about anything such as there claim of 18hp he becomes very rude and just tells u to get f*****. I know that fist hand as well coz I asked him that same question and that was the reply I got from him. I also queried his claim that he was the only person in Australia that sells the YX150 when at the same time Ken had them at DHZ, the reply I got was abusive and uncalled for so I wouldnt trust him at all.

I would never deal with urbanx coz as far as im concerned he is total wanker.

Last edited:
"Tool" Shed

I can hardly see the use in spending that sort of money on something.... Id much rather buy it, and do all the work myself to make sure its all right

LMFAO at you, i know who you are......your that "Tool" who claims he has a YX187....LOL YouTube - Yx187 Quick run
How did you manage that...............where is that proof...! "i am on the floor right now completly pissing myself"!!!!!!!!:p

They never claimed 18HP from the standard YX150! It has always been 15.5HP, you have confused it with one of their worked bikes!:confused:

and saying "I can hardly see the use in spending that sort of money on something.... Id much rather buy it, and do all the work myself to make sure its all right" WTF are you talking about, dont you have to buy the engine first?:confused:

I know what your problem is ......."your retarded":D

Last edited:
Hahaha yes that seller urbanx has shit customer service and when you question them about anything such as there claim of 18hp he becomes very rude and just tells u to get f*****. I know that fist hand as well coz I asked him that same question and that was the reply I got from him. I also queried his claim that he was the only person in Australia that sells the YX150 when at the same time Ken had them at DHZ, the reply I got was abusive and uncalled for so I wouldnt trust him at all.

I would never deal with urbanx coz as far as im concerned he is total wanker.

Didnt you read this post?

Its all about the head on the YX engine and how all the other manufactures are now using it..........but i guess your too busy replying to all the post's on this site without actually paying attenion to whats going on, just to boost your "Status" here!

The YX150 engines that Ken or anyone else had are NOT the same as the ones from Dirtmax, THE HEADS ARE DIFFERENT! and if actually read this post, you would have understood that.............

People..............just because some tool has "Moderator" Status here , dont mean shit............and they get even less creditbility when they dont read a topic, and post a reply that doesnt make any sence.

I guess the guy from urbanx has every right to tell you to get F***ed, emagine how many tools "sitting by their computers" like yourself, ask him stupid questions.................:eek: Have you ever actually called him, or was it by email?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back