PitsterPro LXR z155cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a daytona salesman testing the competitions engine eh? flog the shit out of it much?

Read First Page ;)

Edit:

Make it easier for you guys.

"I have now Added the Airbox to the Cons section after more use of the bike.
After cleaning the filter a few times , i have realized just how much Water/Dust get into this airbox , and the Pathetic filter doesnt help either.. there is visable dust all through the airbox , and the Pipe leading all the way into the Carb!
Not to mention its a pain getting to the Airbox filter to clean.

So will be getting a Unifilter , and taking the hole Airbox off...

Maybe Connect the Uni to the end of the pipe , and securing it under the seat."

Wogtaz where is the "intake" for the airbox? how well sealed IS the airbox? Position of intake can make a fair difference as to how much dust it sucks in, drain valves can be added like on big bikes, and they can be sealed better...
Can you post up some clear pics of the airbox, showing the intake hole, airbox with cover off etc?
Should be able to come up with a few solutions to your problem... think of it this way... if your airbox is taking in a bit of dust and water, with the filter out in the open, or even IN the airbox, all that dust and water is probably heading into the motor, regardless of the pod filter... By moving the position of the intake hole, and sealing it better, you can probably keep the notion of the airbox, which is a good thing, and modify it to seal the filter from the elements a little better...

what for he's obviously just out right shit

i've come to the conclusion that us as riders cause the g/box issue's we have buy bad gear change practice
i mean if you rode any of these engines around at half revs and good shifting regular oil changes they would last for ages. (no fun in that but hey)

my lifan i did second gear after 6 months and it's been near 12months since i've done that i've been pretty concious of my gear changes and good maintenance i know of a couple that have gone in about 2hrs and some that have done kick start gears in minutes

we've done little testing of the z155 so far first up the sift was a bit tight but it has loosened up and it's done a days riding pretty hard and held up. will let ya know more later.

sorry guys, but i can confirm that the some of 155z's do have tranny issues.....but its just the regular split case issues.(rider fault)
i seen this one with the case side off and it had the same old large bearing on the kick start idler end of the countershaft..
apparently they have upgraded them...

how i know this....because my friends shop just had to do a warranty on one....he's tried warranty on a few but this was a first that failed within the 30day period....yes the warranty was from DHZ...and it was very nice of him to warrant such a problem

On the dyno the stock z155 makes less than the yx160 and floats valves way sooner. The z155 engines have a boat load of tranny issues. Stay away from them unless you enjoy splitting cases.
Which dyno? under what conditions? with what jetting and ancillaries? Who did the dyno runs... A daytona workshop, YX workshop, or a neutral workshop?
Clearly you must have an abundance of dyno readouts to scan in here to back up your claim, which if you are correct, then Brava for you sir. No pics, didnt happen.. if it did happen, hows about a few details in regards to the circumstances around this supposed dyno test field day.
you guys are funny. time will tell, the z155 has major tranny issues. has nothing to do with the bearings. we tested them for pitster and 2 of them lasted 1hr max.
Clearly you didnt get the trainset you wanted for your 8th birthday... If there are major issues with the Zonger, what exactly are they? What is the cause of these supposed issues. you say it has nothing to do with the bearings? Ok then Captain Spanner, what is it then? How were they ridden, to cause them to fail in an hour?
I had a car stolen a few years ago... I flogged that thing day in day out, it never skipped a beat. The charming little bastard that "borrowed" it, managed to do more damage to that car in three hours, than i did in four years...
It's all in the shift buddy...

Now mate, if you have the facts and details to back up your scaremongering, and dont wear a "Daytona" shirt to work, then by all means, "educate" us with your obvious extensive knowledge and experience with the issues pertaining to the 155z motor.
Otherwise mate, shut the f*** up, and ask the mods on Planet Minis if they'll let you back on there, and go about your business.
America, F*** Yeah!! You sir, Have Been Flamed....
what for he's obviously just out right shit

i've come to the conclusion that us as riders cause the g/box issue's we have buy bad gear change practice
i mean if you rode any of these engines around at half revs and good shifting regular oil changes they would last for ages. (no fun in that but hey)

my lifan i did second gear after 6 months and it's been near 12months since i've done that i've been pretty concious of my gear changes and good maintenance i know of a couple that have gone in about 2hrs and some that have done kick start gears in minutes

we've done little testing of the z155 so far first up the sift was a bit tight but it has loosened up and it's done a days riding pretty hard and held up. will let ya know more later.

^^^^yep, pretty much... A good rider wont lunch an engine. a reckless or mechanically disrespectful rider will lunch one in no time flat, regardless of the engine, or vehicle it's in...
Clutchless powershift a fourstroke horizontal motor like it's a 125 two stroke, damn straight you'll obliterate the toothy bits inside... I guarantee i could take any manual engine out, run it for an hour, and blow the box... i also guarantee i could take the same motor out, run it just as quickly, and never blow a box, throw a rod, or lunch a top end... Failing incorrect set-up, wrong fuel, or bad choice in oil, it's the rider who'll lunch an engine before the motor cries enough IN MOST CASES...
yes, pro racers lunch engines... constantly... Pro racers ride PRO engines, worked off their tits, to within an inch of it's life every time they point it at something and fire it in anger.. So naturally, the keyboard warriors who say "but Uncle Thump, if you say it's the rider that kills an engine, how come riders like The Chad and Bubba lunch motors too?".... will find an argument in that.
Chad and Bubba's engines are under far more strain than you 155z, and are machined within an inch of your lives. That, and they probably have the MKIII EDC's...
Arent rants at d***heads awesome? heh heh. :D ooh, i need a cigarette now...

sorry guys, but i can confirm that the some of 155z's do have tranny issues.....but its just the regular split case issues.(rider fault)
i seen this one with the case side off and it had the same old large bearing on the kick start idler end of the countershaft..
apparently they have upgraded them...

how i know this....because my friends shop just had to do a warranty on one....he's tried warranty on a few but this was a first that failed within the 30day period....yes the warranty was from DHZ...and it was very nice of him to warrant such a problem

^^^^^^ See SACKMUNCH???? that's how you explain a problem with an engine. State a fact, and follow it up with details and reasons...

Wogtaz where is the "intake" for the airbox? how well sealed IS the airbox? Position of intake can make a fair difference as to how much dust it sucks in, drain valves can be added like on big bikes, and they can be sealed better...
Can you post up some clear pics of the airbox, showing the intake hole, airbox with cover off etc?
Should be able to come up with a few solutions to your problem... think of it this way... if your airbox is taking in a bit of dust and water, with the filter out in the open, or even IN the airbox, all that dust and water is probably heading into the motor, regardless of the pod filter... By moving the position of the intake hole, and sealing it better, you can probably keep the notion of the airbox, which is a good thing, and modify it to seal the filter from the elements a little better...

hey thump i found this on pitster pro US its an exploded pictorial of a the airbox

Air box, LXR

you know its now wonder most of them lunch box's. have you seen how many ppl kick the sht out of their gear levers trying to change gears. maybe a little education to gear changes will resolve some faults..

oh yeah and compression lockups...hmm thats gotta be good for them.

but back to his dyno crap...
i bet they were all on different dyno's....manufactures dyno read out compared to their prehistoric vane dyno....hence the reason no readouts....

I'd say a few dyno readouts were taken at the flywheel and not the back tyre as well... under different ambient temperatures, different fuels, different tunes, different dynos, different altitudes...
Christ, even two identical motors, will run two different dyno outputs, with different curves...
And yeah, there should be a vid on how to shift properly... done right, even WOT powershifting can be done with little to no harm to the box...
Squid noob riders... lol

seance when has pitster made any sh1t products??? lol dont think there gunna start anytime soon

watch out for the smear campaign's they'll suck ya in...

so are these 155z's shit or not??!!

haha, define sht...
each china motor that has come out has its own list of issues...
well infact even jap motox manufacturers cant get it totally right.

but they have come a long way since the early days...

and there 2 old sayings....ya get what ya pay for...and ya cant please everyone
but having said that it seems we are getting more and more as engine models come along...

and also 80% of engine failures are from the owner/rider...no or poor maintenance = short life of bike/engine

haha, define sht...
each china motor that has come out has its own list of issues...
well infact even jap motox manufacturers cant get it totally right.

but they have come a long way since the early days...

and there 2 old sayings....ya get what ya pay for...and ya cant please everyone
but having said that it seems we are getting more and more as engine models come along...

and also 80% of engine failures are from the owner/rider...no or poor maintenance = short life of bike/engine

spot on....

Hey thump if you need any more pictures then this ill get a few Tomorrow for ya.

You can see Number:8 is the filter . very small and really bad quality .. you can get upgrades but i just dont think it would be worth it..
but the pipe leading from the airbox to the carby has a tight seal
ill read ya post abit more to understand what you where saying lol...

And plus reps for that post! :p

LXR_airbox.2.jpg

Didnt this turn into a shitstorm (Y)

Hey thump if you need any more pictures then this ill get a few Tomorrow for ya.

You can see Number:8 is the filter . very small and really bad quality .. you can get upgrades but i just dont think it would be worth it..
but the pipe leading from the airbox to the carby has a tight seal
ill read ya post abit more to understand what you where saying lol...

And plus reps for that post! :p

LXR_airbox.2.jpg

Didnt this turn into a shitstorm (Y)

was that plus rep for my post for fiding that pic :D ?

Latest posts

Back