PitsterPro LXR z155cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thump if you need any more pictures then this ill get a few Tomorrow for ya.

You can see Number:8 is the filter . very small and really bad quality .. you can get upgrades but i just dont think it would be worth it..
but the pipe leading from the airbox to the carby has a tight seal
ill read ya post abit more to understand what you where saying lol...

And plus reps for that post! :p

LXR_airbox.2.jpg

Didnt this turn into a shitstorm (Y)

Perfect mate..
Ok this is what i would do, and by the sounds of it, you may already be on your way..
If i had the option of either a pod filter alone, an airbox with a "toast slice" filter (what you have on the LXR) or an airbox with a pod filter inside, i'd go for option c...
If it's possible, i'd perhaps get rid of parts 8 and 9, (filter panel and backfire screen) and just go with the pod filter mounted on the end of the hose as you stated.
In regards to the dust and water problem, all airboxes will take on both.. If you have a boating store near you, or even a hardware store, you can buy very simple one-way hose valves.. hard to describe, but you could drill a hole in the bottom of the airbox, glue in a short length of solid pvc hose about 10-15mm in diameter, and assuming you can find a one way hose valve, mount that on the new bit of pipe out the bottom of the airbox. what this does, is allow any water in the airbox to drain out, but not to enter it...
Actually, if you go have a look at the bottom of the airbox on your big KLX, there will be one of these basic one-way valves for airbox drainage..
As for the air intake, you could probably manufacture some sort of small "directional" snorkel so you can direct WHERE the air comes from... either from in front of the bike, or the back... surprisingly, most bikes are angled to take air from the back... EG: yamahas that have little gaps in the side covers at the back, to "suck" air into the airbox, and on the 98-05 YZF's, they also had little cutaway channels at the back of the seat, in the rear guard for the same effect... it's basic venturi induction... Think of the backward facing bonnet scoop on SLR and A9X toranas... hole faces the wrong way, but aerodynamics suck the air in good and proper... well you can do a similar thing with the airbox intake, as well as shield the intake from splashing water etc...
hope that helps mate.

Yer i was thinking the exact thing , just need to attach a filter to the end of the hose somehow.

And if you look at the picture Number: 5 , thats actually a pipe that is connected to the very bottom of the airbox , so it does get rid of most of the water.

i will have to cut away abit of the airbox to fit the Filter , if you look at Number: 4 , its got 3 spikes coming out . it has that on the other side as well , to hold the (#9) Mesh thing in place.

Thanks and will update when i get off my ass.

hey Damo i cbf reading this hole thread but did u end up solving the bogging out problem when you landing ?

nah i dont think he did it sounds like the carbs are very unreliable and if i were you would save some coin for an oko flatslide they rip

Nar never did , no matter what the float level. the molkt give pretty good performance once tuned right... but just gotta solve the fuel slosh problem ... which could be fixed if you really wanted to..

Good Write up Wogtaz!!

I been off the forum for a few weeks etc... but this saves me sending ya a pm now! lol.

Because i'll be riding in your neck of the woods from december the 3rd.. and will be getting ken to sell me a new LXR at same time.. i was hoping to ride with ya abit and learn a trick or two from ya.

I was hoping with the release of the 2009.5 LXR that the problems you said you were having with the carb would have been ironed out!! (wishful thinking it seems)

As the upgrades for the New 2009.5 Were the upgraded black forks and a Gripper seat cover aswell as a new carby/Float Bowl design.. which i thought they had done after people like you reporting the boggin issues.

But Now having seen this write up i realise you actually have the New 2009.5 which is great but also abit dissapointing, as now i realise im gonna have to fork out for a new bike and a replacement Carby before i can really enjoy it to its true potential.

Bit annoying as when you buy something new you dont really wanna have the hassle of sorting issues with it looming over you..

Not to mention i havn't got a clue what carby to order for it now...or worse still how to fit and setup the soddin thing!!

Wogtaz, ya seem pretty clued up... how far are ya from Burpengary??

i noticed ya intrest in that post about donnybrook quarry etc.. am thinking of heading up there in dec/jan time once im settled in at brisvagas.

How local are ya mate??...might see if i can start building sum of my own jumps and a maybe track or something as where im gonna be there seems to be abit of open ground to mess around on!

Tom :)

Tom the LXR is one of about a million bikes that come from the factory new with issues, or items that need upgrading or replacing... Even 12K jap bikes roll off the showroom floor with bits needing replacing.... chains, sprockets, levers, bars, grips... the list goes on... and it adds quite a few hundred dollars to the 12k you already dropped on your new 450....
If you purchase a new LXR from DHZ, it may be worth asking the question... Obviously i cant speak for Ken, but if you ask him nicely, you may be able to purchase an LXR with a 26mm OKO fitted instead of the molkt, or, you can get a good deal on a 26mm OKO flatty to go with the bike...
it's a simple fix, the molkts have supposedly several reports of poor performance... the 26MM OKO has had brilliant results on pretty much every bike it's bolted onto within reason... From a 110 quad, to a 250 Blitz, each has reported substantial increases in performance, with minimal disruptions to tuning etc...

I know it's chalk and cheese money wise, but i'd be happier forking out $3,300 for a new bike, then another $120 for a carby with proven results, than dropping 12 Large on a jap 450, then having to spend another $400-500 just to get it up to speed...

Yer im probably 25 minutes from Burpengary if i go the back way from my house , or around 30-40 minutes , going the highway .

Im no expert or anything , i have just been on these forums , learning alot over the years.

and about the carby , people love the new version of the molkt over in america , some might just be dodgy and some mite not...

And not to mention the deal ken will give you , especially if your ordering a few upgrades with the bike , he will no doubt give you some kind of deal.

Guys, Cheers for the Last 3 posts!! :)

That really helped and ya all spot on as members of a forum/community.. such nice guys.

Thanks for that link Bulldog.. I never knew that changing the carby would be sooo easy!

I suppose ya right thump*, i'll just order the OKO 26MM flatside then.. is it definately the 26mm i need (sorry if that sounds dumb i know nothing on these bikes..)

Also when you said $120 approx...was that a rough figure of cost.. because thats nothing and i'll just buy it with my new bike... i was expecting a new carby to be nearer $300-400+!!

Im pretty nieve to these bikes...so if sumone had said the 12k bikes were a milion times better and flawless then i would of just gone for that! -

(Guess im just use to getting Ripped of in the Uk by overpriced, over tax'd items! - lol)

Waste of money i guess... these LXR's look mint and i have already got Magik.S.C Kustoms to knock me up something abit special for the Bike.. (work in progress - should be AMAZING!)

On that note.. Can i just say... Magik is brilliant and i strongly recommend his services!!

Wogtaz thanks for ya help too mate... so Not to far from Burpengary then dude?

Maybe we could meet up and hangout for some riding if ya fancied it mate.. Trouble is despite being 27i wont have a car when i get to Oz because i'll have only just got there etc.. Do you drive?

Otherwise i need to work out how to get to yours or vica versa...

Im trying to get my Girlfriend to buy a Nice big Pickup Truck that we could tie the bikes down in the back... That would be pretty sweet i reckon.. i wont know the area, so will use internet to plot routes around.

Whats it like to ride over at yours mate??.. got anywhere good?
That DonnyBrook Quarry is only like 25-30mins from me apparently..

I wanna try and get a local group of guys together to locally ride in our area.. its way more fun to ride in groups and that way we can learn and push eachother to improve and stuff..

Im gonna be practising for FMX..so im pretty much gonna need sum sweet jumps as close to mine as i can...so i can get down there to regularly practise and stuff.

Anyway... Sorry guys, seem to have steered us a lil off topic.. My bad!

Cheers,
Tom. :)

No worries man

Im only 18 , i have a peice of crap 4 cylinder .... when i need a car , i borrow my dads work car , or use our trailer with a mates car.

I live on around 30 Acres so its pretty good to just get on your bike and go ride .. but the land is Pretty Shit! for riding , very rocky , hilly , lots of trees etc.

Today i went down and starting clearing out the bottom of our land. down there the dirt is actually pretty decent . and we have a big damn (getting quite empty now) and we have a Mx ramp down there that we use to use to dam jump! great fun.

in the next few days where trying to get the ramp setup to some kind of downy , so will update if we get that done. ( use to have it from the other side of the dam , jumping into it when its empty .. but it ends up pretty big! since you have to put the ramp all the way at the bottom of the wall where it is flat land) ... when that was setup , 4 people jumped it , 2 people made it.... lol bad crashes that day.

we use to have a track down there along time ago , now its all gone and over grown , i managed to clear out 2 little spots that you can jump . and if me dad ever lets me on his dozer again , we will be making a sick track down there. thinking of hiring a Bobcat for the weekend once we get it all cleared , and have a idea how the track is going to go.

Here is a picture of the Ramp and the empty dam.

20102009058.jpg

And in this one , if you look over the damn wall that is where our old track was , and the new one will be built.

20102009060.jpg

WOW!!!!!

Wogtaz thats mental mate!! :)

It dont matter if ya 18 or 118 in my eyes mate... Mx Riders are Mx Riders!! End of. :)

That looks like a sweet place to ride dude... Like you said, bit of clearing and some hard work and it could really be Amazing!! 30 acres is SOOOOOO much room! lol.

Is it All your land mate or just local land etc (if that sentence makes any sense! lol)

Dude, Not to impose or Invite myself to your party etc....but you reckon i could ride with ya when i get to Oz?? I wont know anyone at all, let alone other riders. :(

Its sweet ya got a bike trailer...that could come in handy mate!

Im more then happy to spend days on end through december onwards helping you clear, prep and build ya ride area.. Maybe ya dad might lend ya the Dozer more knowing im 27!?!
(responsible adult - apparently! lol)

Im a Laid back kinda guy who gets on with EVERYONE...so im just looking for somewhere cool to hang with sum nice guys and just all enjoy Riding together etc..

I reckon we'd make a wikid ride spot for ya....that we could all regularly meet up at if ya wanted to.

Dude... is that Ramp in the right place For as you have it to jump that water???
If it is....Thats either HUGE or just a decieveing picture...

But given the gradiant of the ramp.. the speed you would need to hit it at to clear the water.. the distance and the landing gradiant.. It looks BIG!!

Maybe im looking at it wrong....But Dude, you guys got balls if ya doing that!! lol.

Cheers,
Tom.

Haha nar man , when the damn was full , we use to jump the pushy into it , try backflips etc

Yer that area in the pictures is the only decent bit , but its also the closest to neighbors .... and we have had a couple complaints when riding down there , only on Big bikes 2 strokes etc .. never on my minibikes .. so hopefully we wont get complaints.

And yep its all my dads land , we use to have 50 acres , but he subdivided and sold off the 20 acres . the neighbors would probably still let us ride on that land as well.

and yer he lets me drive the dozer , he knows i can drive it good and everything , its just its in need of a service real bad , all the tracks are loose and just alot of things need abit love on it.. and its almost impossible for us to do repairs on it without the right tools and knowledge about the things..

and he has had a quote to get it all serviced , and it was quite expensive ...... but it doesnt stop him from driving the thing every day ... (hes like that , it mite cost 3000 to get it serviced/repaired so he will hold it off as long as he can , until he breaks it further , and will probably cost him 6000 to fix...)

so he wont let me drive it like it is , because he doesnt want it to break ... lol but he drives it every day. its all good , im lucky he even has a dozer so it doesnt bother me to much , i no i will be able to use it one day :D.

Check out the track i made with it , in one of my threads . still waiting to be finished...... because i cant use the dozer . and its on really bad terrain. but its still alright to have a cruise around every now and then.

Guys, Cheers for the Last 3 posts!! :)
I suppose ya right thump*, i'll just order the OKO 26MM flatside then.. is it definately the 26mm i need (sorry if that sounds dumb i know nothing on these bikes..)

Also when you said $120 approx...was that a rough figure of cost.. because thats nothing and i'll just buy it with my new bike... i was expecting a new carby to be nearer $300-400+!!
Im trying to get my Girlfriend to buy a Nice big Pickup Truck that we could tie the bikes down in the back...
:)

Yes mate, definately the 26mm flatslide... the 28's, whilst once tuned do run hard, especially in the top end, are generally too much carby, and are a bitch to tune... the 26mm's however, are pretty much plug and play if supplied with the right jetting, which seems to be happening a lot lately straight out of the box, who knows, perhaps someone is listening to the experiences of members on here, and is getting the "right" jetting in them before sending them out... tis a good thing...
and yes, the price is approximate, but very close... My last 26mm cost me $129 delivered... which included throttle cable, manifold adaptor, hose clamp, pod filter, and of course, the carby itself... DHZ also have another kit, $189 i believe, which includes a billet alloy 1/4 turn throttle... as a package deal, it's awesome value...

oh and as for the Big Pick-up Truck.... he he, wrong hemisphere mate... down here we call em "Utes".... Pick-up Trucks is what americanisms drive... ;)

Yeah i know what ya mean dude... My dads exactly the same!! lol.

Anyway - Look forward to December Now, was cool speaking to ya mate.

Get planning ya ideas mate.. December aint very far and we got some Serious work to do! ;)

Cheers,
Tom.

Latest posts

Back