PLEASE HELP! 140cc ATOMIK WITH INNER ROTOR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Atomik is probably.. a month old. I need some help with the earth wire. Could someone upload a clear pic of the earth wire and where it originates off of the bike. Thanks

With earthing from the coil, I have plugs on my coil, and they both co back to the CDI. So should i solder some wire on the green plug to the frame?

By the photos it seems as if the coil and cdi get their earth from inside th stator assembly. Put a meter between the green at the coil and the frame to check continuity. If there is none or it's above a few ohms then i would be adding another or sourcing the loss of contact.

Well, I just checked the earthing and it has PLENTY of earthing, So it doesnt make sense.

you say you disconnected the kilswitch and bypassed it... what do you mean by that..
cause just unplugging it is bypassing, if you are bridging the 2 connections with wire then you are making the system think the kill switch is on...

you still havent said if you tested the stator with a multimeter....just doing this simple test might stop you ripping your hair out. cause if the stator is fooked then theres no quick fix except replace the stator...

also have you checked for spark at the spark plug (unscrew the plug cap)

and yes any of the green wires you can splice into and create another earth straight to the frame and preferably under the coil with the paint scratched off

Ok, Eventually i figured the kill switch isnt the problem. I have checked everything with a multimeter and everything seems to be working. And the problem is that im not recieving any spark. That was my first dilema.,

wat was the measurement the stator gave you?

and the only other thing i can think of is the cdi plug or harness is fooked

I cant remember the exact reading but it was a good one. And i know for a fact the CDI isnt "fooked" because i tested it out on a second bike and its fine.

stupid question, but easy mistake to make.... checked to see if the plug cap itself is ok?
usually the last thing checked...

yep said tht a couple of posts ago....(test the spark lead with cap removed)

and i was referring to the cdi plug on the harness not the cdi..

and the reason im so persistent to see the stator readings is because too high of reading is bad and too low of reading is bad

Sean, What should the reading actually be? I CBF testing now, ill check tomorrow thats all

its all in tht guide in my sig if you could be farked reading it.

your asking for help, and we are providing the best we can given the lack of hands on diagnosis from us. so we are totally relying on your feedback so we can make the next recommendation...

by you replying back saying it has heaps of this and heaps of that doesnt answer our questions fully as your not replying with measurements and how you got the measurements..

the thing is, if you have replaced everything and tested everything that we've said then you should have a running engine... this leads me to believe your either not testing properly or even at all...

Well, if you wanna be a smart ass then dont "fooken" bother writing back. I have done everything you have told me to do, read your guide, and theres still a problem. Im just gonna take it to the shop coz u guys have tried but cant help me.

Also, i have read your guide. parts one and two. If you notic that at the end of that it automatically assumes u have a spark. well i still dont.

im not being a smart ass mate... i just dont understand why your still in this situation if everything measures up good but yet you still have no spark...
as i said earlier, if youv replaced and checked everything then it should be going....

and you say you read the guide but yet you ask me what the stator should measure, clear indication tht you didnt read it properly...and the only bit in the guide you should be concerned about is the stator testing section...

lol take it to the shop, but they are going to replace everything that youv just replaced again..

man a shop is gonna screw you so hard, say by by to $200 odd dollars
If you're in VIC I could have a look at it for ya

have uplugged the killswitch and not messed with it any further? don't "bypass" it, just unplug it

have you earthed the electrics to the frame?

Latest posts

Back