porting my yx150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
hi im trying to port my yx150 and so far after spending 45mins i seam to have gotton no where here are sum pics

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190-1.jpg

sorry for the large pics i forgot to change the megapixels on my cam

take your time and be patient.. if you rush it you will more than likely ruin the head. make sure everything is smooth, no sharp bends etc.

not sure exactly. but for mine i used the dremel for 5-10 mins then did the rest by hand, as i did not have any bits fine enough to finish it, only to remove horrible bits. just used some sort of small round grinding thing (not a grinding block) and then did the rest with wet and dry. i'm sure there's probly quicker and better ways but i like the way mine turned out. but take your time with the dremel as it can go south quickly and take off way too much. also be careful around the valve seats as damage to them may cause it not to seal properly. which is a pain. good to see people not scared to have a go at it.

use an aluminium cutting carbide burr
i will post up a pic tomorrow of the bit
theres a couple of pics of a head i did for my 125 orion in my thread
the link is at the bottom of this post

this is an alloy carbide burr

$(KGrHqUOKj8E0vBj+H66BNY5F27Dq!~~_12.JPG

but i prefer to use a steel burr and use lots of wd40 so the burr doesnt clog up.

$(KGrHqEOKiEE1zSJSD9VBNsBLTMtBg~~_12.JPG

but yeah, take things slow.. you want nice short turns and clean up around the valve guide..

have to check the shaft size on the dremel first.. think theres 2 sizes, 1/8 and 1/4 shaft..

any decent tool shop will carry them, some bolt shops, probly repco, bursons etc

bunnings have them in their tool shop section, around $18ea?
or you can buy sets of 2 burrs, and various stones and wire wheels, then you get sanding drums and sanding discs, polishing mops polish and more for under $30
the dremel set is not bad and there is a cheaper version too closer to $20 which has a lot of pieces too
my grinder uses the 1/8 bits

Photo0830.jpg

Photo0829.jpg

Photo0827.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back