Problem with carby I think 26 mm oko

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge

Reaction score
When I go to give it full throttle from idle it just dies but if I rev it a bit then give it full throttle it's ok would anyone have an idea wat it is or wat I need to do not to good with carbys but I think it flooding it self it's on 160 ho motor

No I don't I just got the bike it's just a carby from Dhz it was on the bike when I got it

If it ran great before then it could just be blocked jets or air leaks. But if it was never up to scratch from factory then it could be wrong jets as Timeeh suggested.

That's the screw under the idle screw I turn it in not out is that right

Well it's a second hand bike only 4 months old it was fine when I pick it up it but when I got it home an know its doin it maybe I should cleanit out

Give the jets a clean like Carlts said. Get yourself some carby cleaner and if you got one use a air compresor as well to blow them out. Jets are #24 and # 26
mikuni_vm26-606_diagram.png

Is there a basic set for the air mixture screw I need somthink to go off I don't want to lean it out to much I'm not to good with carby's

what carby do you have?
a base setting for the air/fuel mixture screw is 2 turns out

If its a oko 26mm flatslide try 36 pilot jet and 100 main jet and 1 1/2 - 2 turns out on the air screw from fully in with the needle clip on the middle groove to start with after you clean the carby out and with a clean airfilter. This will be a good starting point and fine tune from this setup.

how responsive/crisp is it from idle to 1/4 throttle?
you could probably go up to a #37 or a #38 pilot jet too ?

It's fine at 1/4 but from idle to wide open it dies but if u give it 1/4 throttle then go wide open it dies if that's any help

I'm not sure I haven't pulled the carby apart yet I just got the bike on Friday it was set up by Dhz

Yeah i had a look today the bike only 3 months old it only been ridin for 1 1/2 tanks I was told maybe adjust the air mixture screw in would that sound right

Latest posts

Back