Problem with carby I think 26 mm oko

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet ill try that an Main jet is a 100 Wat would u suggest to run if its the wrong jet

I've never change a needle clip before is it hard todo do u just pull the top of carby off an slide it out or is there more to it ,this might be a silly question but could it have anythink to do with the the air mixture screw why it's running rich

yer it could be the mixture screw. Turn it clockwise all the way in then bring it out about 1-2 full turns.

the air/fuel mixture screw is controlling the mixture from idle to 1/4 throttle the most

did you set the mixture screw to 1.5 - 2 turns out?

then you need to warm up the bike,
once warm, turn the idle speed screw in a 1/2 - 3/4 of a turn to raise the idle speed.
next turn the idle mixture screw in out out , a little at a time, continue to do this until your engine reaches the highest/smoothest rpm.
once you are happy, then turn the idle speed screw back out until it reaches an idle speed that you are happy with.

maybe try the needle clip on the top slot, if it runs better then the main jet is too big
sounds like it to me.

To change the needle clip do u pull top off the carby an slide it out is it easy to do or hard if u could explain it briefly to me it would be a big help

haha, you were too quick to ask....

to take the slide out, yeah, you are off to a good start.
undo the 2x screws and slide it out, then compress the spring while pulling it up into the top cover of the carby.
when the springs' tension is off of the plastic cable ends' retainer, inside the slide, you can slip the plastic retainer up a bit and the cable will unhook from in the notch.
then the cable will pull out/away from the slide.
the needle will slide out now when you turn the slide upside down.
have a look at the topfat end of the needle, there is 5 slots cut into it.
the clip should be in the centre slot if it's never been adjusted before, if it is, then you may want to unclip it and move it up to the top slot.
this will make it run a touch leaner than the middle slot.
then reassemble the carby and try it out.

it can be a bit tricky if it's the first time you have done it...

The air mixture screw is only between 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn out

before you try adjusting the needle clip, have you set the mixture screw like i posted above?

half to 3/4 of a turn is just ok, you might want to try a bigger pilot jet

haha, you were too quick to ask....

to take the slide out, yeah, you are off to a good start.
undo the 2x screws and slide it out, then compress the spring while pulling it up into the top cover of the carby.
when the springs' tension is off of the plastic cable ends' retainer, inside the slide, you can slip the plastic retainer up a bit and the cable will unhook from in the notch.
then the cable will pull out/away from the slide.
the needle will slide out now when you turn the slide upside down.
have a look at the topfat end of the needle, there is 5 slots cut into it.
the clip should be in the centre slot if it's never been adjusted before, if it is, then you may want to unclip it and move it up to the top slot.
this will make it run a touch leaner than the middle slot.
then reassemble the carby and try it out.

it can be a bit tricky if it's the first time you have done it...
ill try this an I just want to say thank u for takin the time to help an explain everything to me ur a big help bro thanks heaps

Wat size would u suggest, u said before to change main jet an now ur saying pilot should I go small on both or just the pilot bro

fitting a smaller main jet will help it running flat out at WOT.
fitting a larger pilot jet will help the bike take off from idle quicker,
and having the mixture screw adjusted to 1/2 a turn can indicate that the pilot jet is a touch lean.

i'd be starting by fitting a #37 pilot jet and then setting up the carby as advised above.
you may still be able to go up to a #38 pilot jet ?

once you have sorted the pilot, then you can go on to find what size main jet will work best.

Sweet ill get some on Monday a37 An 38 while I'm at Dhz should I grab a bigger main a round about Wat size would u reckon

Latest posts

Back