Problem with carby I think 26 mm oko

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont touch the airscrew then. Have you cleaned your aircleaner? If its dirty it will stop enough air getting to the carby for it to perform properly. Also you should check your valve clearances they could be out.

I took the air box apart today an the air cleaner was clean, could valves do that

If the valve clearances are not wright it doesnt matter how much you play around with the carby you cant get it to run properly.

Sweet ill check them an while I'm at it ill re torque the head mate I seen on another tread some where that u should torque them in a special order like on a car is that right or wrong if its right would u know the order

What i do when torqueing a head up is start at 5ft lb and start at the left hand top one then right hand bottom one then right hand top to left hand bottom. Only turn each one a bit and keep moving in this way until all is torqued to 5 ftlb. Then set the torque setting to 10 ftlb and slowly turn each nut a bit and keep chris crossing like before until all nuts are 10 ftlb. Then set the final torque setting which is 16 ftlb for my YX 150 Dirtmax not to shore if a YX160 is the same someone maybe able to help with this? Chris cross over the nuts turning only a bit at a time until they are at the wright setting. Then start the bike and run at idle for 10 sec then turn engine off and retorque the nuts at the final setting again and thats it. I check them again a few times over the run in period if i have rebuilt the engine. I hope this helps you i tried to make it as easy to understand as i could some guys do it differantly but this is the way i do it.

Last edited:
Sweet it's just to re torque them do I undo them then do Wat u said or just re torque

Just re torque at 16 ftlb in the chris cross way i said dont undo them mate just i bit at a time if the nuts move and go to the next one so it is torqued evenly.

Hey mate,

Before buying a new carby you would be best doing valves clearances as suggested as above, and then venturing to tune the carb. A new carby will most likely just add more problems and need tuning as well.

Carlton

Na it's for a different bike not for the one I've been askin about

ahhhh that makes sense, I will go measure up what I've got and let you know mate.

Just found out I'm run #36 pilot jet an #100 main I Chevy the valve clearance they needed to be adjusted but I'm still having the problem with it bogin Casey from Dhz told me to richen it up on the air mixture screw but I'm not sure weather to screw it in or out can one of u guys help me with it

If its a oko 26mm flatslide try 36 pilot jet and 100 main jet and 1 1/2 - 2 turns out on the air screw from fully in with the needle clip on the middle groove to start with after you clean the carby out and with a clean airfilter. This will be a good starting point and fine tune from this setup.

Like i said before this is a good starting point.

This bike is p**sin me of I've fix the problem that I had with the flat spot but now it's got nothink up top like flat out in top gear it's just very flat I don't know weather it's jets or Wat I don't know I'm runing 36 100 main I changed the spark plug cause it was black I got one of the iridium plugs an that's get black after 5 min of ridin I just carnt work it out could some one give me some ideas pls

Is it old fuel? Water in the carb, blocked airfilter, pinched fuel line, weak spark?

Could be many factors? but could just be running way to rich.

Na it new fuel clean air filter clean the carby out how can I tell if it got weak spark an when ur saying rich do u mean jets or air fuel mixture

maybe try the needle clip on the top slot, if it runs better then the main jet is too big
sounds like it to me.

Latest posts

Back