Proud new owner: Braaap Pro Factory 190 - it is an "Anima"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size sprocket do they run stock for front and rear?

Most are 16/45, mine is now 17/45 and the new bike is 17/41

I'll check my sprockets when I get home...seems odd that some run different ratios from factory?

I just spoke to Braaap and I was advised that it should be 16/45. I was going to cancel my rear sprocket and order a 17 front sprocket - the mechanic strongly advised not to do this for the fact that when the chain starts to loosen it will naturally throw off the front sprocket and this is when it hits the engine casing and can create problems such as changing gears etc.

Also, the stock chain is comparable to the DID chain as explained by Braaap so I didn't order the new chain. Time will tell :)

My stock Braaap KMC chain was stretched when i got the bike @ 20 hour's old.

A worn / unadjusted chain will jump any size sprocket, less chance of it jumping off a 17T as it'll hit the case first

My stock Braaap KMC chain was stretched when i got the bike @ 20 hour's old.

A worn / unadjusted chain will jump any size sprocket, less chance of it jumping off a 17T as it'll hit the case first

fair point & makes logical sense.

my parts arrived which is super fast as i only ordered the parts interstate yesterday @ 1pm :)

i checked the sprocket & its a 39 tooth :(
i asked for a 37 tooth so i think i'll need to change it as dropped 2 teeth wont do much imo.

i just counted the teeth on my bike and its running 15 front with 41 rear - i dont think 39 rear will make much difference...will a 37 rear be enough as i really want more legs in 1st gear? what would u guys recommend here?

5.jpg6.jpg

With your current gearing 15/41, 1st gear 31.3km/h, 2nd 47.2 km/h, 3rd 62.9 km/h, 4th 78.4 km/h
with 15/39 gearing it will be 1st 32.9 km'h, 2nd 49.6 km/h, 3rd 66.2 km/h, 4th 82.4 km/h

with 16/39 gearing it will be 1st 35.5 km/, 2nd 52.9 km/h, 3rd 70.6 km/h, 4th 87.9 km/h
with 17/39 gearing it will be 1st 37.3 km/, 2nd 56.2 km/h, 3rd 75 km/h, 4th 93.4 km/h

15/37 will give you 34.7 km/h in 1st, 52.3 km/h in 2nd, 69.7 km/h in 3rd, 86.9 km/h in 4th

17/39 might be geared too high.
16/39 sounds like a good compromise.

Then again, I might go 17/39 and if it is too high, I can run 17/41

17/37 @9500 is 100km/h
Revving it out to 11500 it come's to 120 km/h, revving it to 13500 top speed is 139 km/h

It had pretty bad front end shake at that speed, I clocked it close to 140 going on the vehicle next to me, but I had the rev limiter set at its highest limit then. Was a weapon through high speed bush tracks, ate the 150r I used to play with :)

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

It had pretty bad front end shake at that speed, I clocked it close to 140 going on the vehicle next to me, but I had the rev limiter set at its highest limit then. Was a weapon through high speed bush tracks, ate the 150r I used to play with :)

That's insane and awesome :)

I'm reading here that Craig and Stu had no clearance isues with 17 front so I'll go with 17/39...As long as I keep a close eye on the tension of the chain, it sounds like it won't be a problem - thanks guys :)

I dropped into DHZ here in Sydney to change my air filter and I'm pretty much sold on upgrading my carby. I was shown the PE28 and was amazed in the size difference when compared to the stock carby which was apparently designed for a 125. PE28 was designed for the Daytona hence it is tuned out of the box and won't need to play around with jets.

I was told this is the best option (better than the PWK) and won't have clearance issues if I also run the bigger manifold with the black adapter per below pic...

20151203_132857.jpg

...am I on the right path here before I make my purchase? DHZ only stock Japanese keihin and not the cheaper Taiwanese version.

OK there are some miss truths there, the pe wasn't designed for the Daytona, it's simply one of the carbs Daytona recommend. I will be surprised if it doesn't need jetting, as mine did when I upgraded to the pe. It will probably run out of the box, but not to its peak performance. You won't have clearance issues with the frame, but you will have to run a uni filter or plumb new intake to the stock air box if your running that. Whether it's better than a pwk is debateable tbh, I believe Craigs 190 with a polini 28mm pwk had more punch than mine with the pe.
Just to clarify, the pe is a great carb for these, and the easiest to tune from what I have read, but there are cheaper options out there. Craigs currently running a 30mm oko on his for example.. Just don't get sucked in by ppl that will stretch the truth to convince you to buy their product...

OK there are some miss truths there, the pe wasn't designed for the Daytona, it's simply one of the carbs Daytona recommend. I will be surprised if it doesn't need jetting, as mine did when I upgraded to the pe. It will probably run out of the box, but not to its peak performance. You won't have clearance issues with the frame, but you will have to run a uni filter or plumb new intake to the stock air box if your running that. Whether it's better than a pwk is debateable tbh, I believe Craigs 190 with a polini 28mm pwk had more punch than mine with the pe.
Just to clarify, the pe is a great carb for these, and the easiest to tune from what I have read, but there are cheaper options out there. Craigs currently running a 30mm oko on his for example.. Just don't get sucked in by ppl that will stretch the truth to convince you to buy their product...

The PWK definately have more punch than then the PE's. Deliver different power curves.

Chris's 190 with PWK is an animal. They are an absolute pain in the ass to tune though compared to the PE.

You will definately need to tune your PE. Won't be close out of the box. For memory I have a 40 pilot and 125 main and that works well for me.

Latest posts

Back