Proud new owner: Braaap Pro Factory 190 - it is an "Anima"

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I set the intake and exhaust @ 0.06mm.
The daytona manual suggests between 0.05 and 0.07.

I've got a leak in the front tyre, is it as easy as buying a puncture kit and repairing like a bmx?
Put some green tyre slime in them. Always keeps on top of small punctures

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Both inlet and exhaust on mine are set at .06mm

Yeah puncture repair same as a bike, just be careful you dont mark the rim's too.
If you leave the wheel in the sun for an hour before you do it you can just about do it without a tyre lever
Make sure the tyre bead sit's right down deep into the centre of the rim so you don't need to stre\tch the tyre bead too much too.

These come in handy
2X Motorcycle Tire Iron Tool Protectors C Wheel Changing RIM Savers | eBay
Motorcycle Wheel RIM Savers Protectors 3 Pack Nylon 150mm With Rope | eBay

$_12.JPG

Thanks mate :)
I thought I'd check the valve and it wasn't tight, had very tension on it - I've tightened it so I'll go buy a little hand pump as I think this was the cause.

if its been ridden with a flat tyre you might find the valve has been torn from the tube.

get a decent pump if youve got the money, youll get the ****s with a $5 bike pump..

i use a tioga floor pump if its late, otherwise i use the air compressor at home and the 12v 4x4 pump if im out riding and notice it needs air.

The front seems ok - I'll know when I ride it as it went flat after I applied weight on the tyre.

I need opinions :)
I can't make my mind up on which sticker kit to buy, I am tossing up between the 'YCF Nitro Circus' or the 'Braaap Las Vegas' kit:
NS.jpg
LV.jpeg

I can only find the nitro circus kit on yellow plastics hence I'm not sure how it will look on my black plastics - the yellow plastics is throwing me off BUT I like the sticker design.
ns1.jpg
ns2.jpeg

Then again, Braaap with its Las Vegas World Titles kit seems fitting - confused - heeeelp :(

brain fart - i've just realised that the nitro circus kit wont work on my black plastics as they have a yellow background colour

does it affect the rotational mass of the wheel with the added liquid or is it negligible?
Not at all. The amount you put in is only 8oz in a motorbike.
Just put some in mine and my missus pushys today, and the kid trailer [emoji468]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've alway's just fixed puncture's
A mate used some tyre slime in his R1 when he was riding with mate's in france, he said at 110km/h he got a massive vibration in the front end and had to get it fixed a bit further down the road at a bike shop.
I've tried slime in the dune buggy but it couldn't keep up with the 3 corner jack's and Innocent weed spike's we used to get.
I pumped up the tyre and sprayed some water on it it one time and there were over 60 spot's bubbling on the one tyre, all 4 tyre's had about the same amount of puncture's
I ended up replacing all the tyre's with heavy duty one's in the end.

Depending on where you ride and how bad it is for puncture's, you could get the puncture proof tube's, but they are heavier too.

Yes it is quite easy to fix a flat. But you need to clean the area with rubber cleaning solution or gasoline. bUT You need to consider that those wheels might have rim locks.

Thanks guys. Going back to those stickers, will the yellow background look odd on black plastics if I went with the nitro circus? Keen to hear thoughts...

Hi guys

I'm about to place an order later this morning via Braaap - if there is anything I should change or not proceed with pls let me know:

- metal oil filter      
- 10/40w mineral oil (local Braaap brand, refinery based in vic and highly recommended as the mechanic was telling me his customer did 80hrs and engine was still strong)
- rear sprocket 37t (steel as the alloy gears chew out quickly)...I want 1st gear to have more legs
- magnetic sump plug        
- side stand (it's a triangle stand which sits under the peg via a 'U' bracket, or should I stick with the milk crate?)

I am thinking about getting the Keihin PE28 per Braaap recommendation - might do more research before I take the plunge.

Lastly, what is the OD of the factory carby and will I need an angle filter?

Oil just buy 4L of Castrol 15w50 from Supercheap for $34, atm you get a free tin of Castrol spray on Chain oil worth $12 included in the oil price
Castrol Activ 4T Motorcycle Oil - 15W-50, 4 Litre - Supercheap Auto Australia

Stand, it's up to you
I wouldn't spend $30 on an air filter if you are replacing the carby soon, but it's up to you again.
The Mikuni copy 22/26 have a 37mm air filter flange

Sprocket, yeah that 37T will give you another 8km's out of 1st gear, and in top gear wot it will be 16km's faster

Plastic's and sticker wise the yellow should look fine with the black plastic's
Print a pic of that bike and colour the yellow plastic in with black text to get an idea
Or get a mate to photoshop it

11201780_582547448554097_1923612304_n.jpg

http://
www.ycf-riding.com/media/cache/pict_1024x768/uploads/product/54d676ecab86b.jpeg

The other Nitro Circus kit

f3e0e8d8b5025b42131c4418ae1a1a812020c8a7.jpg

images

I think that other nitro circus kit as above is for a smaller bike as it's not listed in their ycf catalogue

anyway, i decided to go with the braaap las vegas kit as i dont want to change my plastics - i'll upload pics once its all done :)

Last edited:
What is the best way to apply the stickers so that they are 100% aligned? Can I use soapy water to move them in the correct position?

I don't want them to peel off like my old stickers...would I clean the plastics with metho?

Sorry im a bit late to the party. But you should never really tighten the tyre valve stem nut. Leaving this only just more than hand tight will allow the stem to move slightly if the tube does somehow spin in the tyre. If its wrenched down there is no 'give' snd will tear straight away.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

When putting my graphics on i used mineral turps. You can manipulate the graphic a lot with a heat gun (set on low) or a hair dryer.

l am running 17/37 steel rear sprocket .. good condition for 30 hrs so far.. 17/ 37 only good for a long grass track were you can really stretch the gearbox..to achieve 120kmph to speed . running a 16-17 /39 on the rear for a bit more poke on mx tracks or short point to point burst.

Sorry im a bit late to the party. But you should never really tighten the tyre valve stem nut. Leaving this only just more than hand tight will allow the stem to move slightly if the tube does somehow spin in the tyre. If its wrenched down there is no 'give' snd will tear straight away.

Sorry, I was referring to the actual valve pin that was loose, not the valve stem nut :)

Latest posts

Back