R.I.P Tom "thump*140" Oswald

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm little bit late in saying anything as I'm am pretty shocked and upset. Today is one month since James passed away and now one day since Tom passed.
I am going to miss him a lot and will try make it to his funeral. In these situation there is never much we can do but try be as supportive as possible. But sometimes it takes more then all the love in the world. I guess that this should be a lesson for us all how important life is, we need to see our selves as amazing people... because you all are! Thump/Tom will be greatly missed by everyone. I will miss the man that eats okos for breakfast and the guy I used to call to tune my carbies... but he was also a good friend. Without him I simply wouldn't of gotten through the first 3 days of James passing away. From the first moment of concern with James I was on the phone with Tom. He helped me do the right things. He listened and was very supportive.

Tom please say hi to James for me and roost the shit out of him... wuahaha!!

R.I.P. Tom Oswald aka Thump*140 ...

I'm numb and lost for words ... I read about Tom's sad passing yesterday and sunk ... simply unable to post anything until now ...

I've been hoping to hear it's just a joke ... but as time passes , apparently it's not ...

R.I.P Tom Oswald aka Thump*140 ... You are a true Miniriders legend ...

very sad and so hard to believe

R.I.P thump*140 RIDE ON...

My hope...

My hope is that Tom's family finds this thread and receives the same sort of blessing from it as we (James's family) did from the MR community.

Our love and empathy go out to you (Tom's family) we met him when he travelled all the way to be with us in Ballarat for James farewell. Tom struck me as a deeply caring individual and the small exchanges we had were meaningful.

I am so glad my sister in law lent him her jacket and beanie to keep him warm on that day...(sounds silly) but I will never forget him humbly wearing that bright orange coat over his suit. :)

Man this is heavy i dont know what to say but this isnt right im guessing its the same as what happend with james and i know i dont know alot of you personaly but if anyone needs to talk to someone call me on 0421251623 before anything. I have been in the same spot as what james was going through and i know how lonely and scary it is but this cant happen again. I am so sorry for toms family and hope that they can pull through this and i know things will never be the same but i hope they can manage.

I hope your famalies and yourselves stay safe.

Toms funeral is tomorrow at 1030am at Pembroke chapel

anyone feel free to come and pay your respects

thanks

Kris

I havn't been on here for a couple of weeks and just got on today to find out this f##king terrible news.
I called Tom on Sunday arvo August 1st, as i couldn't get my bike started and he sounded fine - more than happy to help and seemed his usualy self?
He was always willing to help and always answered his phone or wrote back, and gave me a full breakdown of what i needed to do to my bike or any advice he could give.

I'm not a huge part of the MR community but since i started riding motos tom has been the one guy who was willing to help with absolutely everything he could and was the reason i bought a REV MX, and mostly why i'm always out riding now, cause he provided so much assistance.

This is crazy. I know it's not the best time but can someone please shed light on what happened, even if it's in a PM to me, as i'm still at a loss to figure this out?

RIP TOM OSWALD. YOU WILL BE SORELY MISSED. KEEP RIPPING THE HEAVENS MATE

Last edited:
Hey guys

im sure ebveryone wants to know what happened but im not to keen about telling everyone the details.

all people need to know is that Tom took his life on monday the 2/8/10 due to depression, hence why all the parts im selling for him the money is going to beyond blue

thanks

Kris

thanks kris, thats all people wanted to know. its really sad to have another member die the same way. i really still dont know what to say, but the forum hasn't been the same, a couple of times if sat there waiting for thump to post his long posts but they've never come...
im really still shocked... R.I.P man... ride on...

It's really no ones business what happened. What we all should be doing from this is thinking who in our lives we aren't listening to the words they DON'T say, that may not be okay. Just be aware that problems that you might find little can be big to someone else.

So no one needs details, I can tell you from past experinces that knowing details is less settling!

Just look at what we all can do now to make MR and our whole lives a more welcoming and enjoyable place :)

Ride on Thump*140 !

Reactions: pbk
R.I.P Thump. I only just found out.
I have only been around for a short time but I know Miniriders will never be the same. Sad times, 2 members in 1 month to the same horrible condition.
Keep your eye out for the signs with your friends and familys people, I have seen it myself. Depression is the silent killer you need to be very, very wary of.
Such a sad thing to happen. My thoughts are with Thumps family. He will be sorely missed.
RIDE ON!
oldhack.

As much as i can appreciate how much you guys love having bikes for your kids and stuff, it's great to see, but can we please get back on topic - this is an RIP thread for Thump*.

Please leave all memories and best wishes in this forum.

Miss Ya Mate

I have removed some posts from here but they will be moved to a more suitable thread that will be posted shortly.

This thread is for paying your respects to Tom. No general chat about anything else.

Rest In Peace Tom.

As everyone has already stated, you will and already are missed by all,
the boards dont feel the same without ur cheeky little posts !

even though i hated it when you called me Emo Tic Tac instead of EMETIC, i kinda miss it now

Ride On Brother

My condolences to the family and friends too...found out today that he died...thats a major shock to me considered the circumstances , while he was one of the most active ,relaxed and funny guys here on the board , I never exspected something like this...like Jack said: there are no words for it....very very sad!!

Latest posts

Back