rc drifting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
ok then you guys i have decided that this is what im gunna do for my project at school for a SACE mark for next year. i am going to build a drift rc. lol i know it sounds a bit easy but some people are making scrap books and thats it.

now i need to know what you guys reckon would be a good car. im thinking either the tamiya tt-01 or hpi e10.

if i go with the tamiya i can get it from the model shop and have a warranty on all parts and stuff like that. and if i get the hpi then i have to get it off ebay and i think that they come pre made. so im looking more at the tamiya.

what do you guys reckon i will have to do to get it to the drift spec type car??? tires, what else???

tamiya.. no questions hands down. you will learn the car as you build it and be able to strip it down and replace whatever goes wrong. drift spec wise, look at a really hard but good wearing compound tyre, also think 40mm or 50mm pvc painted black is a common use as well.. dont go over the top with the body, find something simple and make it work.. r32 shells etc sell for some mega bucks..

you can get the little exhaust pipes, intercoolers, stickers etc from various hobby sites and ebay have a few of the scale items you may require.

man i wish they had these sleepy subjects when i was at school! show your committed to something! how easy is that! i was a volunteer firefighter at the start of year 10 all thru to the end of yr 11 then for 2 years after getting into the workforce!

keep us updated sheepy, certainly a subject(test) WHATEVER you shoud pass with FLYING colours! :)

this is starting to intrest me, im getting sick of the mess involved with off road nitros and i was watching some vids of eletric drifters on utube. looks like heaps of fun and would be fun to build one to! any ideas how much a kit costs for a tt-01???

Anyone interested in a Hot Bodies cyclone s for drifting, can be upgraded to locked diffs if you really want a good drfiter.

go the tt-01 sheeps. i had one ages ago and even the aluminium tailshafts for them make them go twice a quick. and as everyone else has said there is endless upgrades

worthy upgrades for tamiya models are:
BEARINGS
alloy knuckles(the plastic WILL break on first decent impact)
decent tyres(stock are generally pretty soft and wear quickly)
ESC(dont go mechanical)
low turn motor(around 19t.)
assorted pinions and spurs(if poss)
alloy driveshafts

from there you can go things like heat sinks, deans plugs, 4000nimih batterys, lower turn motor, lower drag shells, the list is endless.. till its all done then you break it and start again :D

ok then i got my self a tamiya tt-01

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

Latest posts

Back