rc drifting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
being your first shell to paint, go something easy.. remember to do light coats not heavy coats, prep the shell, use the masks. if you back it with a solid colour it will look sweet, but personally id go for a purple and green combo.. just my 0.2c.. will find a pic of a shell i done a while back..

probably seen the pic but purple n green are meant to be seen :D

IMG_0080.jpg

Fluro colours look good. but should be backed with a white or a silver for the full effect...
IMG_0517.jpg

or you can go a nice solid colour, the roof is done with a 'window tint'
temp-1.jpg

Last edited:
ok then you guys. its come along nicely. still havent painted the shell but eh, thats no major. i put some pvc pipe on as tires yesterday and i reckon thats gunna be too slippery for me but ill work with it for a while and see what happens.

now i dunno what you guys think but im thinking of going out and getting a 4600 mAH battery today from the model shop in town. then mabye gunna order in some bearings and some alloy stuff. do you guys reckon that would be the best thing to do??? or should i go with the bearings first then the battery.

oh yea and also i am using the futaba controller and reciever that came with the car at the moment but, i also have a sanwa dash saber controller and reciever. and im just thinking whether it will make a difference if i swap them over. do you reckon either of them are better than each other?

dude you should get either some ABS pipe or the hpi drift tires cos there black and have a little bit more grip then the pvc , and yes i used to drift lol

ok then just the normal pvc pipe was too slick. soo now i have drilled holes through the middle and filled them in with silicone and made criss cross lines like a propper car tire with an engravger. im just trying out new things at the moment. ill get a diogram up in a min of what ive done.

yea i was gunna go with abs. but mitre 10 didnt have any so i was like eh for 2 bucks ill just use this pvs for a while.

fair enough i just use the hpi d spec tires lol to lazy to bother with making them and the tires need to be broken in for full effect , as in after a batt or 2 they gain some grip , not much but enough to hold your line better and also if you find you are still not getting enough grip to hold the drift then put some softer springs on there soft = grip lol and if you find it hundersteers to much put softer on the front and hard on the back and the oposite for to much oversteer seems funny that were talking about ganing grip when the hole point is to have none lol if u want some more info add me on msn [email protected] cheers bro and its looking good sofar

ok then you guys im starting to have a bit of a problem. when im driving along my front right tyre is free wheeling. so what im thinkin of doing is tighteneing the front diff aswell. do you reckon that will have any side effects?

first problem i have had so far with it happened today. the little grub screw connecting the cog on the motor came out and just caused slip. easy fix. just found it in the chassis and put it back in.

ok then i just went and tightened up the front diff to almost locked just like the rear. and now i find it much easier to drift and it doesnt spin out as easy.

my list of mods that i am going to do to it. this is the order of how i want to buy them.

4600 mAH battery pack $60

bearings, red alloy drive shaft, red alloy heat sink with fan, red alloy dog bones (all in one package) $39.99 + $5.30 postage

red alloy front and rear swing arms $45.99 + $9 postage

red alloy steering arms $13.25 + $3 postage

red alloy motor mount

carbon fibre upper deck

oil filled shock absorbers $25.99 + $20 postage

nissan skyline gtr-r34 shell

mabye a new esc

i have some prices atm. i reckon it will be pretty pimp once im done with it

Last edited:
hey mate ive started an elect drift site up here in north qld. here is a video from out latest meet

YouTube - Drift Day 30-03-08

also lock both your diffs will help heaps with the drifts. also getting a bigger motor will also help it drift longer.

here are some pics of my shells and some of my mates

Driftday30-03-08004.jpg

Driftday30-03-08030.jpg

Driftday30-03-08036.jpg

newrcshell004.jpg

any other questions just ask mate i'll help where i can

Latest posts

Back