rider tips, please contribute

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOULD ONE OF THE MODERATERS/ ROB MAKE A HOW TO RIDE SECTION

• YES THEY SOULD

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • NO IT WAS A DUMB IDEA

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Or a Section on the life of Hillz Bah hahaha

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
read ADB theres tons of how to ride tips. Moto manual is dirt action also does this. Plenty of websites out there teaching kids to ride but I guess its not that bad idea though most miniriders members are have only riden for a very little period of time (not all). Fmx australia has a whole section dedicated to teaching riding aspects.

Sidney you stacked it on a 30 cm drop so this section might help you LOL

bahahaha whenever sydney makes a stupid comment about something, someone just pulls out the "u stacked on a 30cm jump" and it shuts him up! its funny as!!

Ok Guys ill tell yas how to do donuts (me, ma dad and bro have been doing it all arvo :D we turned a nice flat dirt road into donut central)

Just lay the bike over on a 45 degree angle with 1 foot to pivit on and give it abit of gas and just keep going round and round until you are dizzy :D.

i think jumping needs to be touched on a bit here aswell. not so much the takeoff, but the landing. cause with most minibikes, its the landing that breaks sumthing. lol. sum bikes are strong enuff but if ur like me and ride a bike with a stock frame, u wanna know how to absorb the landing so u dont fold it in half. u just gotta keep ur eyes peeled for the landing. when u spot it, figure out if its gunna be smooth or not. if it is, ur fine. if its lumpy, u can either bend ur knees to be prepared for the harsh landing or u can keep ur knees straight and bend them on impact to have the most shock-damping effect. same thing goes for flat landings and casings. when u leave the jump, figure out if ur gunna make it or land on the top of the jump (if its a table top), or at the bottom (u can usually tell straigh away when u leave the ramp) or if ur gunna come up short on that double.
but if u do come up short on a double, theres two things u can do. the first is what i just mentioned and bend knees, elbows and stay central on the bike, or u can try and lift the bike up underneath u or 'bunnyhop' the bike in the air to get that extra bit of airtime to get u past the top of the downramp. this has worked for me before and saved me from a genuine case-out.
when landing ur pitty, try not to slam the bike down cause it puts excess ammounts of downforce on the bike. but then again this depends on what sort of bike you have and what your suspension is like.

now with the take off on jumps, try to learn to jump it standing up. this gives u more control over the bike if you loose it. same goes with the landing aswell. if u land sitting down, u will probably just bounce unless u get the landing sweet. standing is just the overall best position to jump any bike in.

the scrub:
the way i do it-
approach the upramp in the normal position-standing up- and spot ur takeoff point. when u get maybe a 3rd of the way up the ramp if its a small jump, start to lean the bike over/turn on the ramp. doing this plus absorbing the 'kick' in the ramp will keep u low in the air. once u leave the ramp, u push down on the bars and the pegs just enough so u dont jump off the bike. doing scrubs is really easy on pitbikes cause u can just put ur foot down if u feel unsafe.

WHIPS:
the way i do it:
once again, when ur approching the ramp, get into the right position as u usually would. for my style whips, u dont need to turn on the ramp. hit the jump the way u normally would when u are confident with it. just after u leave the jump, start to pull the bars around to the direction u wanna whip. ie if u wanna make the bike face to the left, pull (not turn) the bars to the left and visa versa to the right. while doing this push the footpegs with ur feet towards the outside of which ever way u are whipping.e.g. if u are pulling the bike around to the left, push the pegs out to the right. this should get u doing a decent whip. when u feel enuff is enuff, turn the bars back the opposite way of ur whip and pull ur feet back underneath u. this will bring the bike back to straight and set u up for landing. when u get more confident, start trying to pull the bars quicker and harder and do the same with ur feet and pegs. this will make a more aggressive and good looking whip. but this style of whip is not the type of whip u see the motox guys doing altho u could try to lean the bike over aswell and it will probably look like that.
i also have tips on wheelies but my fingers are tired so if u want em just ask.
hope this helps
mitch

heres a pic of me whipping
DSC00022.jpg

nah everyone rides differntly its just a case of getting on the bike taking it for a burn and learning as you go =) yeh there are things like let the clutch out slowly with some revs and stuff but you learn all that as you go...

yeh i have heaps of fun on my bike and the things i can do arnt from reading a book or something its from getting out there and f**king up =D and some other help but the best way to learn is to go out and try it =)

SICK MONO'S: this is wot you doo for a sick wheelie click it in too second hold that clutch like uv never held it and appsalutly ping the shit out off it i mean flat throttle and as qwuik as you can Release the clutch you should be alright. and better off with no helmet wont need it for these skilled full Mono's lolz

SICK AIR; Just ride off a cliff pop in as many tricks as you can then Pray for a sick landing.
well thats about all for today :) cheers nutterz

haha. i agree with just get out there n try it. u wont be able to do it by just reading. it involves practice. but its good to give pointers on what people can practice. i dont think we can really give pointers on riding in general. just things like tricks or stunts cause riding comes naturally.

YEAH put theroy into practice, but it still helps to know a rough outline of whats sposeta happen

Film it.. watch it.. if it works.. do it again. if it dont.. laugh then try again...

I voted for hillz.. where has he been hiding of late!!?? And where the hells bells is jezebell!!??? oh and lil Payton!! SNOBS! :D mwaz, luv yaz!

Latest posts

Back